The Corroboree
theuserformallyknownasd00d

What did you do in your sacred garden today?

Picked fruit, mulched and watered because I am away from the garden doing fauna surveys until Friday. Also moved a few sensitive plants into more sheltered positions because they have come into lengthy direct exposure with the northward migration of the sun. It has stopped raining and we have moved into a magical Autumnal phase..

Today I spent a few hours setting up some trellis' for my Aya vines. They are looking magical and welcomed the new vine from veratis with open arms :)

I also grabbed my girls singing bowl and headed to the courtyard with a handful of Agnihotra ash and rainwater from the last showers. I smoked a blend of tulsi/bay/rosemary (from roopey) whilst dancing the ash and rainwater in my girls singing bowl. I finished the rollie of herbs and before I knew it I was awoken from trance by my neighbour asking how much longer the 'wining' noise would last for. He said I'd been going for 45mins. I apologised and headed upstairs in amazement of the blend and singing bowls powers. Roopey truly is a scholar amongst our community :-)

Anyways I then fed my babies this energised potion and to my behold the sun disappeared and we got a beautiful downpour! Enough in fact to pin some more subbies :-)

• Like 5

Hehe awesome Dood.

I was wondering if its better to give caapi something to climb on from the start or to make her "stand on her own two feet" for a while?

• Like 1

Had a SUPER busy day thanks to Lok, endorfinder and Anodyne :) I planted (not all of them since some are not permitted in WA :)) Ephedra sinica, Adenanthara colubrina, Psychotria viridis and carthagenesis, Agremone mexicana, Peganum harmala, Silene capensis, Sida cordifolia, Acacia floribunda and accuminata, Datura meteloides, ceratocaula and metel var. chlorantha, Nicotiana rustica, Hyoscymus alba, Leonotis leonurus, Ocimum macranthum, Mimosa Hostilis and Heimia salicifolia. So I've gone from nothing to being overwhelmed with seed.

All seeds are in a constant 25C with around 80% humidity, and of course I used the takeaway tek :)

Will have to be patient (doesn't come easy with me) with some of the seed, but some were ULTRA fresh so I shouldn't have to wait TOO long...

Hopefully when everything has grown I can return the favours, cheers guys!

Edited by PerthShaman
  • Like 3

an update on the phf2 no more losses to date

6 plants i see some slight variation between them already. Will be interesting to watch as they put on more leaf.

DSCF2008-5_zps0cdf46d0.jpg

DSCF2006-13_zpsd2d019d7.jpg

Edited by Stillman

Repotted my A. floribunda (kind of forgot about them :P ) into their own seperate pots!

post-12907-0-75055600-1367542620_thumb.jpost-12907-0-46837200-1367542753_thumb.j

and these guys :lol:

post-12907-0-54504200-1367542846_thumb.jpost-12907-0-65880400-1367542854_thumb.j

post-12907-0-75055600-1367542620_thumb.jpg

post-12907-0-46837200-1367542753_thumb.jpg

post-12907-0-54504200-1367542846_thumb.jpg

post-12907-0-65880400-1367542854_thumb.jpg

post-12907-0-75055600-1367542620_thumb.jpg

post-12907-0-46837200-1367542753_thumb.jpg

post-12907-0-54504200-1367542846_thumb.jpg

post-12907-0-65880400-1367542854_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

What will you do, in your sacred garden today?

be in the here and the now, lucky if you have a garden.

I sprayed, tall grasses and potato vine, feels like ghost busters...

humans like music! :wub:

Planted out some leaf cuts from very generous members here! Now I have alba, moon, Shipibo and regular all growing roots :) 40 cuts in total, ill be overwhelmed in 6 months!! Thanks alot fellas, you know who you are ;)

• Like 2

have to go to water the GH. maybe I also take some nice pics to show you later

I had to uproot a cactus seedling I got in the mail which I potted recently, because it looked like it might be on the verge of rotting. The soil seems to have been too moist, so I'm letting the cactus dry out a bit and I'm trying to get the soil to dry also before I try again...

Cripes I just done 14 takeaway containers of seed in one hit, just made myself a lovely warm indoor growing area and decided to fill it just because it's there. My brain is a mash. I still have space though so I think I might keep going while dinner cooks. I'm seriously running out of takeaway containers though, despite recycling my second hand ones. Just keep stacking them up, stacking them up...

• Like 3

planted some leaf cuttings and some brug seeds (thanks d00d!) re-arranged my grow light enclosure to fit a few more trays in. Spent 4 hours jackhammering an old fish pond out ready for its new role as a cactus patch :) bagged 15 bags of mulch from my recently removed peppermint gum and still haven't even scratched the surface...

• Like 1

Setup yet another indoor setup (that's 4 total in a 1 bedroom appt!!) this afternoon. Took a heap of scelly/delo cuttings in a mix of 33/33/33 sand, perlite And seedling mix. Gearing up for a mass trich planting to join their older brothers and sisters.

Bechette has grown 2 inches since being bought indoors, which is astounding me. The leaf miners are really kicking in tho and will get a mad pyrethrum spray in the morn.

God this thread is a handy notepad :)

Setup yet another indoor setup (that's 4 total in a 1 bedroom appt!!)

Your misses must either love plants as much as you do or she must have the patience of a saint!

I potted a tricho cutting and an aloe <something> today.

Your misses must either love plants as much as you do or she must have the patience of a saint!

Yeh I'd call it patience :) she's slowly gettin into it, but more the cut flowers side of gardening... Can anybody recommend some nice ethno flowers to help me keep her happy? We already have the legal poppies, dagga etc, but once something else we can both get something out of?

And on that note... Set up a reflected Mylar tent today in the bedroom and chocked it full of Peres cuts. Also sowed 12 types of cactus and have my current batch a quick pyrethrum spray to deal with the gnats...

• Like 2

yo doodz my misso loves her poison flowers my kids r named after them 4 real hahahaa my hybrid brug seed pod is getting along!! [b.aurea x b.candida frosty pink

Edited by bullit

Yeh I'd call it patience :) she's slowly gettin into it, but more the cut flowers side of gardening... Can anybody recommend some nice ethno flowers to help me keep her happy? We already have the legal poppies, dagga etc, but once something else we can both get something out of?

And on that note... Set up a reflected Mylar tent today in the bedroom and chocked it full of Peres cuts. Also sowed 12 types of cactus and have my current batch a quick pyrethrum spray to deal with the gnats...

Milk thistle? Those flowers are pretty exotic looking

and the seeds are good for your liver, plus I feel safer with a strong tincture lying around just in case...

Drove away this young cactus thief:

post-313-0-78490900-1368017622_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

yo doodz my misso loves her poison flowers my kids r named after them 4 real hahahaa my hybrid brug seed pod is getting along!! [b.aurea x b.candida frosty pink

What are your kids called Bullit?

Hey Dood, i'll have a think on it for you. I've got lots of pretty double/tripple flowered marigolds of many various shades, which arent ethno but do keep bugs away and look nice lol

What are your kids called Bullit?

hey bogz,, my four crazy ferals girls from youngest to oldest IVY CALEA<> VIOLET BELLA , [short 4 belladonna] <> TURA RUBY [short 4 datura] and ZIANTHA which isnt a flower.

my datura metel alba ''triple white'' finially has bloomed :wub:

• Like 2

I put a humidity tent around a cutting of a certain breed of sage. I have two cuttings, one's looking great (it's growing new leaves, but there's a little browning around the edges of its leaves - not sure what that means) but the other one didn't start with any leaves and now just looks like a stick in the ground. Didn't want to have to do this but it's starting to look like it needs saving. Hopefully this'll help :S