The Corroboree
Bert&Ernie

how fast can you type?

I thought it would be fun to see who is the fastest typer here :)

take a screen shot and post it here

typing test!

Edited by jwerta

I am sure I won't go too well at the moment due to being on my iPod , but I reckon Thunderideal will beat anyone, he is a speed typer for sure.

• Like 1

post-7916-0-65548100-1357384489_thumb.pn

that's my fastest so far.... not very quick :(

post-7916-0-65548100-1357384489_thumb.png

post-7916-0-65548100-1357384489_thumb.png

Edited by jwerta

post-7916-0-13686700-1357385115_thumb.pn

post-7916-0-13686700-1357385115_thumb.png

post-7916-0-13686700-1357385115_thumb.png

I'll try it out when I'm not on my phone.

My typing is relatively quick, however I mostly do

Coding.. So a lot of symbols, etc and less so normal English.

As such, I doubt I'll score very well on a normal typing test.

First attempt (can I make excuses? I can? Good!) with a headache.

syXf9.png

• Like 2

very nice at0m I though you would have a good WPM ratio

I can see you and sYNeR having a type out :)

Edited by jwerta

I am probably the slowest typer here. I am not only a two finger banger I cant spell for shit so I have to spell check just about every thing I type :unsure:

Posting on here has increased my typing speed and my spelling has improved as well so its all good :)

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

I am probably the slowest typer here. I am not only a two finger banger I cant spell for shit so I have to spell check just about every thing I type :unsure:

Posting on here has increased my typing speed and my spelling has improved as well so its all good :)

Cheers

Got

"Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something!"

tFGDF.png

• Like 1

2 fingers. 45WPM. 3 mistakes.

I've tried several times to learn touch typing, but I am so set in my way that I just can't get the hang of it. Wish I'd learnt when I first started typing. But I guess it only takes me twice as long as a good typer.

• Like 1

If you ever find yourself with spare time and want to give it another go, I highly suggest trying (it'll be a pain) to learn it but covering your keyboard with some paper (tape it down at the back).

Splay your hands out on the keyboard, thumbs on space bar, left index on E and left middle finger on W, right index finger on I and right middle finger on O or there abouts.

Even if you never learn to touch type, it's a far more comfortable way of typing and will speed your typing up quite a bit.

SAB typing classes, anyone? :)

• Like 1

Best I can do right now. My natural speed is about 65wpm. A few months ago I was practicing daily and eventually broke the 100wpm barrier, but after some time without strict practice, my speed has dropped back pretty close to what it started.

typingspeed74_zpsdd44f2f2.jpg

I highly suggest trying (it'll be a pain) to learn it but covering your keyboard with some paper (tape it down at the back).

Or...

DSC00175_zps243b2165.jpg

Best I can do after three attempts. Second attempt was around 100ish, but 7 mistakes. I'm just not used to typing English very fast :\

Type%20Test.png

I'll get my mum to try it. She's a secretary and pretty sure she has a speed of 120+

Edited by SYNeR
  • Like 3

i couldn't get 110 in three goes so if you persist you might be able to do quite a bit better. some quotes are much easier to type than others. capitals slow my down but i just had a very long sentence full of commas and peaked to see i was 127wpm before i misread a word. to get a score like that i'll either need to practice up or get another quote as easy as that one.

i frequently get an error on the first letter because it doesn't register that i was holding shift.

I also just discovered a cheat, maybe. if you start typing early you get to preview the quote, but you have to start on the first letter when the countdown finishes so have it all backspaced beforehand.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

yay just got 44.62 WPM :) lol

competitive typing & discussing strategies....wow :rolleyes:

• Like 1

what's wrong with competition? for example when you've got a room full of people doing data entry, or studying typing etc, competition with themselves or the people around them is what drives them on. i can remember counting votes one time, a weekend shift with overtime rates was offered to those who worked the fastest for the remainder of the day. sudden productivity burst!

• Like 1

I was just wondering when we were going to break out the Monster & Cheetos & set up the LAN

• Like 1

And the Jolt.. Don't forget the Jolt!

My stomach hurts just thinking about the amount of Jolt and other crap I used to consume at my local LAN party :\ Leeching, gaming, network going down because the admins weren't overly competent and all the other shenanigans... Very mixed memories about my LANing days.

I got 125.33 words per minute and 100% accuracy. I was trying to take a selective screenshot but since upgrading I'm not sure where OSX is saving the image. Once I get over my migraine I will post the screenshot.

• Like 2

I'm a hybrid typist. I use 4 fingers on my left hand, but only one on my right hand. :scratchhead:

This was my best one of 3 attempts. Usually I make too many mistakes to be more accurate. I should practice more often.

2qn9hmr.png

• Like 1

Had a few runs and a bit disappointed. Seem to get in between 70-80 WPM with ~97% accuracy. I know 5 years ago I was hitting 95 WPM so I need to get skills back up.