The Corroboree
Bert&Ernie

can't sleep

Phenergan is pretty good but only if you can sleep in the next day. You'll be too drowsy to get out of bed for work etc.

• Like 2

Word :) feel good laughs :)

Well I've worked out that its just been a big anxiety attack that's still on going. Im off to the doctors this Arvo to see what they can do..... Hopefully They don't just prescribe me anti depressants as I've had them before and they did nothing.... Im also getting sick I have sore sinuses I assume from being so stressed lately

Well I've worked out that its just been a big anxiety attack that's still on going. Im off to the doctors this Arvo to see what they can do..... Hopefully They don't just prescribe me anti depressants as I've had them before and they did nothing.... Im also getting sick I have sore sinuses I assume from being so stressed lately

kava bro ! plus valuim if tha anxiety hits hard , look out for sum herbal teas prolong use can make it worse [maypop, ,valerian] if ya hit tha piss hard or smoke heavy that can set off anxiety big time!!!! i gave up pot like 12 years ago cause of huge anxiety . wasnt gettin high anymore just a shitte feeling which was anxiety! if ya get valium u can eat these fuckers like lolliez look out lol Edited by bullit

Don't ya need a script for them?

yeah dude, i thought ya was goin to c the doc?? most docs wont just give ya valium they ask a shit load of qs and c here ya @ ! .

tell a story of lil blue lies HELPS LOL

Edited by bullit

I used to have a massive sleep/depression/anxiety problem that I used to think was caused by my job (mental health carer). It went mega downhill, a few sickies turned to a weeks worth, then I just quit randomly one day. Strange thing was I didn't feel better afterwards, and nothing subsided. It took a serious 2 years "soul searching" and I really had to digest a lot of thoughts I didn't want too. I opted to not use doc drugs and went the el natural route.

I'd seriously recommend a good meditation sesh. Not just 10 minutes a night, but an hour or more a night for a month. If you think you don't have time, then let the meditation cut into your sleeping time, 5-6hrs is better than a few. Meditation is just as habit forming as a bowl each night, but it's free and nothing but positive for you :-)

D00d

• Like 3

full time physical work, man I could fall asleep at any time of the day if I were allowed.

I used to be an insomniac, but a few doses of shrooms when I was ~23 reset my internal clock and have been able to sleep fine ever since. But full time physical work will do it just as well. :P

Edit: If it were only occassionally I'd try hit the script man up for any Benzo except temazepam really, pref Valium. If a doc won't prescribe it, find a friend. It's not usually hard, and get a few off them for the odd occassion u may have trouble sleeping.

Edited by naja naja
  • Like 1

ha wish I read this earlier... i just went to see the doc and got some temazep :/ what wrong with it exactly?

Fuck valium, fuck Valium to hell.

• Like 3

might sound weird, but avoiding stimulants and upping the sedatives can have the exact opposite effect as the one you're after. have a BIG strong cup of coffee, early morning, your body needs to gobble and burn and rest. oh yeah, and after that coffee,...run man run, run like the devil was chasing you with a pitchfork up yor arse!!!

Edited by stavroski

I had the worst trouble sleeping all through my childhood and twenties but I miraculously grew out of it a year or so ago. Go figure?

To be true it's not really miraculous because I am pretty sure I have a firm rasp of why I couldn't sleep and why I can now sleep but it was a bit miraculous in the sense that when I started being able to sleep I could really fucking sleep! I could sleep for 14 hours easily and would have to force my self to get up because I could have easily kept it going and often did. At the peak of my sleeping abilities it became a problem because I could pretty much choose to stay catatonic in dream land all day and that made me a bit sad after a while and I have managed to get some balance back.

It's so good to be able to sleep, relax and all that comes with it and I wish there was some advice I could give other than tough it out, keep working on underlying causes of insomnia etc. One important factor that makes things worse for me are drugs like alcohol, ghb, and benzos. I genuinely love sedatives but any of the gabba ones really shred my nerves. A few beers will leave me with an edgy feeling that I attribute to alcoholic withdrawal. There must be many young men who have done their dash with sedation via enhancement of gabbanergic (word?) transmission and have a similar reaction to those drugs. Interestingly, K and related drugs also do leave do it to me. Simply replacing those sedative drugs with others better suited to me has helped me a lot but it was a lot of work initially because euphoric sedatives that aren't of the gabba-system-shredding type are damn hard to come by on a regular basis and this is a massive problem I believe.

Edited by Sonny Jim

I think I need to start running again xD but its hard to find the motivation also its boring by yourself... Need to find a running buddy in WA

nothing wrong persay about temaz, it just gives u no good high to go along with the sedation. Valium feels like sum1 is wrapping u up in a warm fuzzy blanket and running cotton wool through ur body cleaning it out, well, for me anywayz, but becasue it does give a high, it is also more addictive. So use it sparingly, like once a month or even less.

• Like 1

haha yea i dont want to get addicted to benzos ive heard some people say its worse than heroine

my trick is to get up read a book, no point lying there doing head mile's. I find when im really sexually frustrated i cant sleep

• Like 1

i remember the big sign's on temaze, because they used to be these little football's full of a oil

and people where injecting them and loosing arms, the posters were really graphic

my trick is to get up read a book, no point lying there doing head mile's. I find when im really sexually frustrated i cant sleep

u wont sleep again lol!!! jokes!!! use the book for a blanket jokes again hahahhehehharrr

Edited by bullit

i remember the big sign's on temaze, because they used to be these little football's full of a oil and people where injecting them and loosing arms, the posters were really graphic

this was a massive myth and an attempt to deter people from abusing them

like saying acid makes you jump out of windows

do you inject into veins or arteries, thats what looses arms, artery, not veins

if you get that wrong you got no hope

now i cant sleep :scratchhead::wacko::slap: :slap:

I have been having lots of sleepless nights lately too. The brain just gets ticking and next thing you know the birds are already starting their morning chorus.

Often i have had stuff to do in town early in the mornings, and i felt suprisingly relaxed, patient and happy running errands and making small talk with people that usually piss me off.

I complained to my dad the other day that i had only slept 3 hours the night before,

he laughed at me and said he hasnt slept more than 3 hours per night since he was a teenager.

He said humans dont need actually need half the amount of hours we sleep each night, but he also said a small nap taken daily in the afternoon is meant add 20 years to your lifespan.

• Like 3

Benzo addiction renders people rather pathetic IME

• Like 1

Benzo addiction renders people rather pathetic IME

• Like 2

maybe its just me but i think temaz and valliums aint the choce for a good nights sleep if you have to get up in the morning, they seem to linger forever. For me zanax is alot better. its gone in the morning and you wake up like brand new.

But really theyre all the devil, even short term its seems to make it all worse long term

• Like 2

Well I am feeling all right now I have to get up for work at 4:45 and that really helps me to be tired at night even enough to fall asleep naturally. I'm also finding that staying away from bright screens helps even if its just half an hour before bed.

Although it is hard sometimes to be without stimulation as it brings on my anxiety a little but I hope one day I'll be able to deal with it one day.....

• Like 1