The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkSpark

I Hate Migraines

btw, I strongly recommend banana bread with lots of milk if you think you are going to puke and want some contents to bring back up . It is the softest, least acrid and least disgusting food I've ever had on the way back up ;)

That tiny tidbit may be the best advice i have gotten yet as it seems that the dry reetches are what triggers the higher pain intesity whereas expelling something actually seems to release pressure of sorts on the mind whilst not completely quelling the migraine at least bringing it from a 10/10 on the pain scale back down to a 5-7 in a matter of minutes.

And LOL amazonian, what a way to die. headlines read

"young man chokes on his stomach and dies "

tea is nice to vomit up.

much better than yellow bile crap.

get the same thing. Tends to be muscle related for me, so if i catch it early with a muscle relaxant + pain relief i tend to be able to sleep it off.

hydration is a biggie,

doc can give you a IM injection if it is really bad, been there a couple of times.

it wasn't the 'empty stomach' aspect that makes it dangerous, but the violent and uncontrolled spasms. Obviously there needs to be solids to cause dangerous choking.

So its more suffocation/asphyxiation?... which is what choking is really hey, lack of oxygen to the lungs (but caused by an obstruction rather than just being able to take a breath due to spasms). I thought you were going to say you could choke on your tongue or something (which is probably possible too).

I am glad i don't suffer migraines, but i do get vertigo occasionally, and that results in gagging and vomiting.

:)

Omg, I ate an entire block of dark chocolate, and I got the worst headache ever. It's a theobromine overdose. :(

Seriously, this headache has been going on for over 6 hours. It comes in waves, and despite copious amounts of water - resisted all my attempts to thwart it. I don't know what a migraine is, but if they're anything like this - then it's obviously a horrible thing to have.

Sounds similar to what i had. pulses of pian going from high pain to excruciating and back down again. Even the low levels of the migraine are just bearable. If you can lay down in a dark room with a cool cloth over your eyes, you may want to prop your head up a bit and take a bucket for the vomit which is likely to come. Try and get down painkillers ASAP and hope for the best !

For a few days after my major migraines i also experience headaches continuously from around a 3-5 on the 1-10 pain scale (if the migraines themselves are a 6-10) combatable with paracetamol though as they don't make me hurl :D

I feel for you i really do and hope for your sake it clears up. I dread the day my next comes but i am at least getting better each time at combating the pain.

For people who have regular migraines and can't find & eliminate their triggers I strongly recommend acupuncture. Make sure you keep trying different acupuncturists until you find one that works.

to the OP - a common approach (simplifying here) is to eliminate high histamine, high tyramine and high arginine foods. (you can find lists online). eliminate all 3 groups for a few weeks. if there's improvement, re-introduce one group at a time, each 2-3 weeks. if the reintroduction of a group starts triggering migraines again - go back to full elimination - then start working out which specific trigger(s) of the group is causing a reaction, by single food re-introductions.

obviously it takes some time, patience and careful adherence to the method

18 August 2012

A battery-powered gadget the size and shape of an electric shaver may be a new way to treat painful headaches.

Studies suggest the device – which is held against the neck for 90 seconds – may reduce the severity of migraine and cluster headache attacks, and even prevent them.

Researchers say that for some patients the device may be as effective as drugs, without any negative side effects. It has also worked for patients who have not responded to drugs.

Results of the first trials are expected to show a 50 per cent reduction in symptoms in half of patients.

thankfully i dont have no headaches or whatsoever

but since I read about cluster headaches, I was under the impression that sub-psychedelic doses of psychedelics [LSA seeds, LSD, shrooms] that stop the circles of cluster headaches also can do the trick for strong migrain headaches. There is anecdotal evidence on that. And I am happy Torsten is of the same opinion/experince.

For those suffering from cluster headaches, it's supposed to work wonders

I would definately read and give this a try if I had serious headache problems.

I am nearly 59 and reading this post made me realise how lucky I am to have very good health.

Years ago I read a story by a female sufferer who cured herself completely by doing neck stretching exercises.

I used to do them when I learnt karate and continue with them now.

There are probably various causes so it may not work for you.

If you have any neck problems check with a doctor first.

Please do them slowly and without jerking your neck.

I like to move all my joints and body parts to their fullest extremities but be careful for a while.

1/ Turn your head side to side to both sides 10 times.

2/ Lay your head over flat to your shoulders and back 10 times.

3/ Move your head up and back in a nodding fashion 10 times.

4/ Rotate your head in a big circle laying it over down, back, and to the side 10 times each way.

I also do isometric excercises to build up muscular strengh by pushing my hand against my forehead and resisting with my head, moving back and forth, and putting my hand on the side and moving side to side.

If it works, you may find that once a week might be enough .

Best wishes, Kent.

I have long suffered the misery of migraines , sometimes frequently - perhaps from a cervical neck injury , possibly " whiplash " after a car wreck . Kent's suggestion of neck exercises sounds an excellent idea , and I will try it - nothing to lose . . . I used to be prescribed Deseril and / or other ergot derivatives , but these have been deleted from the Australian pharmacopia a year or two ago [ presumably because of their origin ] . They worked quite well in relieving the pounding . Deseril was a preventive medication , intended to be taken daily to prevent the onset of symptoms , but said to have side - effects . { I did'nt notice any , but never took the full advised dosage , nor take it every day as recommended .] BTW , anyone with neck injuries should check with their doctor first , if intending to see a chiropractor . . . My most recent prescription is for Imigran [ sumatriptan ] , another indole derivative . I found these to work very well , after an hour or two . Probably the best med prescribed so far , for me . Curiously , all these meds seem to be indoles , one way or another . I have read above and elsewhere that lysergics are good for migraines ; and believe this , but still surprised that acid is helpfull - seems somehow ironical to me . . . Nevertheless , I will try Kent's exercises [ thanks for the advice , Kent ] , and hopefully do without all chems , as they seem more like a bandaid than an actual cure . I will return to this thread one day , and advise my results .

Doesn't ahem "rubbing one out" relieve migraines for a duration ? Or is that just headaches. Great excuse to masturbate anyways.

Doesn't ahem "rubbing one out" relieve migraines for a duration ? Or is that just headaches. Great excuse to masturbate anyways.

Oddly enough i find masturbation/intercourse gives me pulsating pain in my temples when i am in my migraine prone states. This often builds to rather extreme pain if i try to continue.

I've been sure for decades that medical advances have been suppressed. Over 30 years ago there was a doctor in Nowra who cured a lot of asthma victims with breathing exercises. He was shunned by the medical and drug professions. A vet surgeon was curing skin cancers on horses with extract from native raspberries and had the same problem. He found that some horse owners were cutting them in half and applying them to the cancers. A local candidate for Bob Katter's Australia party told me he heard that there is a secret pill that cures cancer. Maybe the politicians know. Apart from the book in this link, there are a lot of other sites on the subject.

Kent.

http://www.amazon.com/Suppressed-Medical-Science-Jack-Phillips/dp/1591520770

I know there is a lot of nonsense on the net, but there are natural migraine 'cure' sites. This is one.

http://voices.yahoo.com/10-natural-migraine-cures-9547857.html