The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amanito

Coffee addiction

White wind, have you never heard of laxatives, I mean for fuck sake! Maybe increasing fibre in your diet and drinking shit loads of water might help. Fact is you just probably need to change your diet in some way. But it's just so much easier to sit around bitching about how horrible it is and worrying about whether your going to shit the next morning, which by the way, makes it far less likely if your constantly worried about it!

Also, I never said coffee addiction didn't exists. I simply just questioned how serious the physical symptoms of coffee addiction actually are.

Another thing that is really getting to me, is this pathetic "just cause it doesn't work that way for you" comment, when I have already made it clear several times that I have suffered severe side effects in the past from not having caffeine or trying to give up cannabis. But if my frame of mind is in the right place, it simply just ain't that bad!

Also, of course some people do suffer severe physical mental illnesses that are no fault of there own. But come on, us westerners can just be such little cry babies sometimes, simply because we can afford to be! Do you really think people in third world countries would just sit around feeling sorry for themselves because there a little depressed, or have no coffee or cigarettes, when it means that there whole family are going to starve?

So I completely stand by what I said.

Peace

i am feeling the urge to clean up my diet. i really am a sooky cry baby when it comes to bouts of sickness, when i catch a cold/flu (which is several times a year, twice this SUMMER) or when i get a headache/migraine, or whenever i need to spew, i really um, dislike the experience, and want it to stop.

what do you eat jabez? i'm a vego and not much of a cook. you're a vego and you live out of a car. i'm open to suggestions. i'm thinking of starting by replacing most of the milk and cereal with more beans and steamed vegies and even some fruit.

what do you eat jabez? i'm a vego and not much of a cook. you're a vego and you live out of a car. i'm open to suggestions. i'm thinking of starting by replacing most of the milk and cereal with more beans and steamed vegies and even some fruit.

Yeah, I'm completely off milk (used to be a full on milk junky) don't really eat much fruit these days either.

Basically, every morning at 6.00am, i mix in 2 raw eggs, with 1 serve of Musahi low fat protein powder (vanilla flavour) and 1 serve of Metamucil fibresure, with 300 grams of water and eat that with 2 serves of weet-bix. I also have a vitamin A, C, calcium & probiotic supplement.

Then at 12.00pm I usually do the same. Or just skip the weet-bix and eat a few baked potatoes or maybe some baked beans, with my protein & raw egg mix instead. Sometimes I'll eat a few prunes, but fruit really does have to much sugar in my opinion.

Then at 6.00pm I usually eat a few baked potatoes with tomato sauce, sometimes I'll bake them with a few drops of a good quality olive oil and some Parmesan sprinkled on top. Or sometimes I'll mash them and cook up some French style lentils to mix in with some soy sauce.

At 8.00pm I always have my Aussie bodies 45 gram protein bar (caramel flavor, yum).

But every 2 weeks I treat myself to one really unhealthy meal that I feel like at the time. Like a satay veggie pizza form dominos, or toast with peanut butter and honey, or even a few fried veggie burgers with lots of cheese and as much vegetables I can fit on them.

To be honest, I seriously never get sick.

Peace

White wind, have you never heard of laxatives, I mean for fuck sake! Maybe increasing fibre in your diet and drinking shit loads of water might help. Fact is you just probably need to change your diet in some way. But it's just so much easier to sit around bitching about how horrible it is and worrying about whether your going to shit the next morning, which by the way, makes it far less likely if your constantly worried about it!

Also, I never said coffee addiction didn't exists. I simply just questioned how serious the physical symptoms of coffee addiction actually are.

Another thing that is really getting to me, is this pathetic "just cause it doesn't work that way for you" comment, when I have already made it clear several times that I have suffered severe side effects in the past from not having caffeine or trying to give up cannabis. But if my frame of mind is in the right place, it simply just ain't that bad!

Also, of course some people do suffer severe physical mental illnesses that are no fault of there own. But come on, us westerners can just be such little cry babies sometimes, simply because we can afford to be! Do you really think people in third world countries would just sit around feeling sorry for themselves because there a little depressed, or have no coffee or cigarettes, when it means that there whole family are going to starve?

So I completely stand by what I said.

Peace

I think it's incredibly ironic you end your comments with Peace.

I have some things to say in addition to what chnt said - which I completely agree with.

Laxatives can be extremely damaging and don't always work, and are we just assuming the bowel problem is constipation? There are a lot of other problems that arise in the stomach/bowels for various reasons, believe it or not, our bodies are fairly complex and sometimes manning the fuck up doesn't make them decide to suddenly recover from whatever ailment is affecting them. Hence we have gastroenterologists for the stomach/digestive system, neurologists for the nervous system, psychologists for the mind, optometrists, dieticians, cardiologists, nephrologists, and even fucking podiatrists - just for the feet... The list goes on.

We don't need Jabezologists diagnosing us all with a severe case of needing to man the fuck up... It doesn't help. Saying that sort of thing in a general sense to people will usually only make them feel more alone in their issues, and cause them to retreat into their shit more, especially if they're experiencing some form of depression or anxiety. Addiction, just like anything else, is a serious and real issue, as we have previously established. Not everyone can man the fuck up and move on from it, even if it is "just" caffeine addiction.

You may find the comment about things working a certain way for you not working the same way for everyone else pathetic, but it's completely valid, and the fact that you find it pathetic just shows how self absorbed you are. Different things work for different people, humans are different. We're not all as amazing as you, unfortunately. I agree, that western society can get ridiculously caught up in it's "first world problems", but that doesn't mean that every problem is stupid and should be simple to "get over."

I'm incredibly relieved that you said somewhere in there - "of course some people do suffer severe physical mental illnesses that are no fault of there own", because if you didn't, I'd probably have to kill you.

Now I know people on forums have a tendency to rant and rage at each other, so let's be clear, It might seem like I'm making a big deal out of a small thing, but your views on this show a lack of understanding that can be applied to a whole range of issues that affect people, and the virus of "manning the fuck up" does not need to be spread amongst bogan Aussies anymore than it already is. So, the only reason I'm really saying all of this is because, Jabez, your ignorant comments annoyed me so much I feel like I've suddenly turned into a bitter old man. I guess I manned the fuck up a little too much.

Piss.

A good plant for many digestive troubles (especially constipation) is Banisteriopsis caapi (But not to be mixed with coffee).

quite often I read in herbal books that the root of this or that plant is a good coffee substitute. Anyone actually tried anything that had a similar taste? A friend gave me this interesting crap called Teeccino herbal coffee - made of ramon nuts, carob and chicory seeds. Smells like chocolate, tastes kinda like coffee but weak is piss and not that great. Anyone found any other alternatives -

So fairy, you think the answer to getting over a habit, is to just sit around feeling sorry for our self and crying about how horrible your petty little issues are?

Well, I've got news for ya mate! I've tried it for years and it doesn't fucking do any good!!! How can my comments be considered ignorant when I'm talking from first hand experience. Obviously it's your comments that are ignorant because you've never actually tried to just deal with it.

Don't start with this psychologist shit either! I mean, I know they help a lot of people with extremely real problems. But a lot of them also make a very good living by convincing as that petty little issues are extremely serious issues. It's called a invested interest.

Do you really think people living in poverty in third world countries sit around like we do whinging about how they can't function properly because they have no coffee? The only reason we do is because we can. So just man the fuck up and deal with it.

btw, I am so sick of people carrying on like complete fuck wits, simply because I sign my posts with 'peace'. Just grow up!

Peace (lol)

quite often I read in herbal books that the root of this or that plant is a good coffee substitute. Anyone actually tried anything that had a similar taste? A friend gave me this interesting crap called Teeccino herbal coffee - made of ramon nuts, carob and chicory seeds. Smells like chocolate, tastes kinda like coffee but weak is piss and not that great. Anyone found any other alternatives -

there is a beverage (powder in a tin) called ecco which is okay, i'm not sure what the ingredients are and haven't been able to find out with google either but you could find a picture of the tin so that you know what you're looking for at the supermarket.

not meaning to single you out jabez, i see so many eggcorns on this forum, i remember santiago is pretty bad for it. i hereby promote myself to eggcorn nazi.

http://www.beedictionary.com/common-errors/invested_interest_vs_vested_interest

I don't mind dandelion coffee.It's made from roasted roots. The stuff blended with chicory root was too intense for my liking but straight dandelion root is good.

Some people say it gives you a buzz but it never has for me.

Jabez, everything you say is just perpetuating my belief that you're a douche with regards to this topic.You don't know anything about me or what I may or may not have done/how I cope with things, what an unfair assumption you just made.

Where exactly did I say that the answer is to "just sit around feeling sorry for our self and crying about how horrible your petty little issues are"

And, who are you to say that someone's issues are petty and little?

I feel like you've missed what I was trying to say entirely, and I thought it was pretty articulate, so I would argue some more but I don't think it's really worth it as clearly we disagree on this issue and both of us have strong convictions.

I stand by what chnt said and what I said... So you live your way, it's great that it works for you, and we will continue to woman the fuck up.

i take extreme offence at your sexist communist gender separation agenda, it's "person the fuck up", thankyou

i knew i was being racist, apologies everyone.

Jabez, my older brother has a number of addictions, the worst being alcohol but dope coming a close second. He's a sad old alky living (we think, at the moment) on the street. He's fucked up a lot of his life and he's too fucked up to realise it.

He never had any shoulder to cry on, from a young age my dad told him to man the fuck up (or words to that effect) and it didn't work.

Every time I hear that phrase, or something like it, it makes my blood boil. I know you aren't necessarily aware of how ugly that meme can be, but the fact you are receiving so much flack about it here should give you a heads up.

i take extreme offence at your sexist communist gender separation agenda, it's "person the fuck up", thankyou

i think you will find that comment is highly speciesist. "entity the fuck up" should be used in all cases hereon out lest someone be profoundly insulted.

i think you will find that comment is highly speciesist. "entity the fuck up" should be used in all cases hereon out lest someone be profoundly insulted.

holy shit i just realised i'm so fucking racist.

please forgive me entities

Yeah I've just come up with a new phrase. It's FUCK THE MAN UP.

Works by telling guys to MAN THE FUCK UP every time they have a problem.

you know, Jabez often comes across as a douche, but it's pretty clear he knows it & doesn't care one way or the other. at least he's honest about his perspective on things. not that i want to hear his crap anymore than anyone elses & i'm sure not many want to hear mine...

seriously though, being offended by words on a screen is entirely a personal choice right? not discounting childhood trauma in any way at all, we all freely choose what negativity to give our attention to & so must take responsibility for our own sense of being offended.. it's probably more accurate to say that we are unconsciously addicted to focusing on the stimuli that offends us & we're all mostly hopelessly unable to control the focus of our attention for more than a few seconds or so, so perhaps there is less responsibility involved but certainly no-one else is responsible for how you feel & once you understand that, then it's your choice whether to 'entity the fuck up or not.' if you choose not, then, well thats your choice & you should live with it.

Believe it or not, I find this a bit offensive. 18 months, and you reckon a dose of laxatives will do the trick! What, daily?

And yes, I have tried a few dietary changes, like giving up wheat, giving up all meat for a while (can't do that for more than a year at a time, unfortunately) and drinking water sure helps. But I have had this problem for 18 months, and this thread is the only time I have mentioned it outside my relationship so I've hardly been whinging and bitching constantly.

So yeah, thanks for your advice but no thanks for being such a condescending twat.

Like I said, phrase it how ever you want! The actual phrase wasn't even my point. But whatever, if people are still to feeble & incompetent to understand my point and just want to focus on some stupid phrase that I personally find helpful as a motivational tool, then that's fine. I've made my opinion clear enough.

Jabez, my older brother has a number of addictions, the worst being alcohol but dope coming a close second.  He's a sad old alky living (we think, at the moment) on the street.  He's fucked up a lot of his life and he's too fucked up to realise it.

He never had any shoulder to cry on, from a young age my dad told him to man the fuck up (or words to that effect) and it didn't work.

Every time I hear that phrase, or something like it, it makes my blood boil.  I know you aren't necessarily aware of how ugly that meme can be, but the fact you are receiving so much flack about it here should give you a heads up.

Well, actually no it doesn't give me a heads up.

It actually just reinforces my strong opinion of how weak minded I and many other people in our society can be at times. I'm not denying that your old man was probably a cold hearted arsehole, I mean, I know mine is.

But have you ever considered the possibility that your bro wouldn't be in the situation he is in now, if he had of taken the advise and not acted like a juvenile, just got over his problems, got a job and worked his shit out?

Because I know I never had a shoulder to cry on either, but it kind of seems completely irrelevant now. Since if I just had of gotten off my arse years ago and started working again, instead of sitting around smoking weed all day, thinking about how badly I've been treated thoughout my life, then I most certainly wouldn't be in the position I'm currently in. Which is living out in the bush with absolutely nothing, but a beaten up old car and some camping gear.  

Believe it or not, I find this a bit offensive.  18 months, and you reckon a dose of laxatives will do the trick!  What, daily?

And yes, I have tried a few dietary changes, like giving up wheat, giving up all meat for a while (can't do that for more than a year at a time, unfortunately) and drinking water sure helps.  But I have had this problem for 18 months, and this thread is the only time I have mentioned it outside my relationship so I've hardly been whinging and bitching constantly.

So yeah, thanks for your advice but no thanks for being such a condescending twat.

Fuck yeah, if my bowels hadn't functioned properly in 18 months then I'd be dropping laxatives everyday, it sounds like hell!

Dude seriously, if it isn't due to a serious medical condition (which if you actually had any real concern about your health you would have seen a doctor to get the appropriate tests), then there is a simple solution, that's the fact of the matter.

I personally had major problem getting regular again after I became vegetarian and I know it ain't fun.

But did you ever think that maybe it's more about what you need to include into your diet, than what you need to exclude? There's hundreds of different probiotics out there that can help bring back regular functioning, all with differing results. Also eating at the same time everyday and including heaps of high fibre foods always helps. Have you tried just eating straight fruit for a few weeks? Mixing in metamucil fibresure with your daily meals (which you can get from most supermarkets) also really helps me get my bowels moving. Where there's a will there's a way is all I'm saying. Although, I did probably come off as being insensitive. But then again, being sensitive to people who verbally attack me, without actually taking the time to consider what I'm actually saying, is not usually one of my virtues.

Peace

may I request that people refrain from quoting Jabez in their responses? Whilst I make every effort to block our dear diminutive Melbourne Cop jockey's inane, hobo rattling, it all falls over if you guys/gals include his text in your replies.

From what little I have been seeing, it appears that I'm not missing anything of substance. Same old empty can tinkling down the street. So please, do a bloke a favour, and exercise restraint with the post quote feature.

Irie,

mauve got it right! Caapi, good tea.

As for coffee substitutes;

I just got a 40lbs sack of mucuna pruriens, which is locally used as coffee...

I've not tried it yet....but gonna try in the next few days...

I've also been harvesting 100's of lbs of real coffee berries.

Respect,

Z