The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amanito

Coffee addiction

Here is another idea, . . . grill some green coffee beans, until the un-roasted beans are bleeding-weeping, then put them in a pot of water, and add cardamom pods and saffron, and cook it for awhile, then drink it in small shots, and see if it won't make the whole situation way way worse. The drink is a Persian coffee preparation which is alkaline instead of acidic; and might work because the addictive habit was for an acidic coffee preparation.

Oh yeah, and there is a question about A2 milk.

A1 and A2 are categories that all the proteins in milk are divided into.

0.25 cows produce only A1 proteins, 0.25 cows produce only A2 proteins, and 0.5 cows produce both

The farmers who sell A2 milk have valuable herds in which the A2 producing cows have been kept seperate because the A2 milk is more readily digestible.

That is because, in among all the A1 proteins, are some that are at risk of breaking into smaller pieces prematurely, in the stomache, before entering the duodenum, and mixing with the substrates than enable all proteins to be digested. Pieces of the A1 proteins, get through the stomache walls, as they are smaller than protein pieces normally can be, and they get straight into the blood, but the blood can't do anything with those pieces of protein, because the blood needs the proteins already broken down into amino acids, through being mixed with the products of the spleen, liver, pancreas etc. So what happens, is that the slightly too big for the blood to handle, pieces of A1 proteins, have to be cleaned up by the kidneys. And in the processes of osmosis, lead by ionic exchanges, in the kidneys, that keep the blood clean, the slightly-too-big-for-the-blood-to-handle, pieces of A1 proteins, can cause ruptures of the tissue in the kidneys, which tends to hurt a bit. That pain can then in fact make us crave more milk, for the caso-morphins in the milk, which are effective pain relief for that extra pressure in the kidneys.

D try making sure you stick to A2 milk with any addiction recovery. It has less caso-morphins and less of the potentially pain causing proteins.

How to get out of it, is by causing the body to develop clear associations with that draining feeling of caffiene withdrawal, whenever we crave it, before having a cuppa.

curaezipirid can you please say a bit more about this. Do you mean something like some Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) excersises?

Yes of course I use so many many words because I am adept at brainwashing you all, but only if you happened to be paid money to read my words

:) ok, but i actually am interested in ways that people can develop those sorts of associations, and i mentioned NLP because thats what i thought of when

i read that in your post, but not in a negative way.

sorry I was feeling sort of gruff when I responded

umm, it is sort of the same as how causing the person to have a planned dissociative psychotic episode that is triggered by acting upon wanting a drug

force the mind to associate itself with another time and place, (like with men who have had an overdose, and been brung out of it by the ambos, they can be caused to remember waking up in sudden painful withdrawal from narcane, every time they see a needle) . . . . (You really have to sit and listen to somebody telling their life story well enough, and trustingly enough, before you can find the right unpleasant memory that can become triggered every time the kettle boils, or whatever it is that comes just before drug intake. Using homeopathic remedies helps to find the right memory that will fit with the structure of the person's whole system of beliefs, as an unpleasant association with drug taking. Often new NA members have older male members all over them like a rash, all wanting to be who spots it first, what the right unpleasant memory will be.)

So, no, sorry, but no neuro-linguistic-programming tricks, ALTHOUGH, I have had to learn to use those, because of learning to do exorcisms for men who were bashed unconscious in prison, then raped while unconscious, and while unconscious, what was said to them, tends to become a trigger to behaviour they later have no control over. So using the same words can set up destructive behaviour patterns set up by worse criminals in prison. The solution can be within re-programming to the same words, but by expanding the comprehension of potential meanings embedded in those words, on one hand, but on the other hand, simultaneously bringing the mind back into learning to rely upon dictionary meanings as the safest. But re-programming of the same words, will depend on being also able to match the same level of fear, but match that fear without the same degree of aggression and violence etc. So sometimes the process is only learning what words to avoid, but it also can be a lot like NLP. But that is only because, in the prisons, men are already using a kind of abusive method of NLP, so as to force each other to become worse criminals, so as to force each other into silence about what they have witnessed in prison.

force the mind to associate itself with another time and place, (like with men who have had an overdose, and been brung out of it by the ambos, they can be caused to remember waking up in sudden painful withdrawal from narcane, every time they see a needle) . . . . (You really have to sit and listen to somebody telling their life story well enough, and trustingly enough, before you can find the right unpleasant memory that can become triggered every time the kettle boils, or whatever it is that comes just before drug intake. Using homeopathic remedies helps to find the right memory that will fit with the structure of the person's whole system of beliefs, as an unpleasant association with drug taking. Often new NA members have older male members all over them like a rash, all wanting to be who spots it first, what the right unpleasant memory will be.)

That's a rather graphic example, but the extreme can often explain something that is otherwise considered too subtle to be particularly effective. Thanks for sharing. It sounds like you have done some research in this area? I don't know much about NLP but it certainly helps to spend a lot of time mediating and looking at your own mind to see just how it works, what the triggers are and how to change your response. IMHO. I'm not so good at sharing with others and having them take my mind apart ;)

I have never had a full-on coffee addiction, but have had savage addiction periods to Pepsi max, Sugarfree V and Nodoz.

I must admit that tea seems to be the best path to soberdom. Then I normally transition to red bush tea, which seems to reduce the cravings through some form of placebo-like mechanism. But I don't think I want to tee-total with caffeine, as I quite enjoy the beverages I listed before. :)

I think the best thing is just to make sure to eat before you drink caffeine, as that slows its release into the bloodstream. That and to drink as many other benign beverages as you can, and the addiction (if you had one) will slowly fade. If you forget how addictive caffeine can be, maybe because of how ubiquitous it is - then you can often fall off the wagon more easily than last time. So for that reason, always be wary of caffeine.

I tend to have great coffee addictions as well. Its interesting because amanito and i both have some kind of rheumatological problems going on. Maybe we try to balance out some kind of disbalance out some kind of chemical imbalance by drinking too much coffee all the time. But i have it under control since i switched to cheap standardized senseo coffee. The coffeine doses of a large cup are so small that i dont get used to it like before when i drank the strong Starbucks coffee. By drinking the cheap and very low dosed coffee, i can drink it on a regular basis but without flooding my body with coffeine. And i stopped drinking strong coffee in the evening. Because the downcoming over night is what caused the migraine for me. I completely stopped brewing coffee myself because i overdosed all the time. Also i dont take coffeine pills anymore when i wake up at night with an upcoming migraine. It may help at first but on the long term, you need to keep a higher coffeine level all the time to avoid the migraine. bye Eg

Thanks for looking out for us there whitewind, that's a really nice change. lol, but I'm certainly not at any danger of knocking myself off, simply because I'm being hassled by a few caffeine fiends over the Internet, if that's what you mean. Anyway, any post I write where there's a perceived opportunity to make me look stupid, then you can be sure that thunderideal will come out from lurking to give it a go. Beginning to think I must of rooted his girl or something, lol. But he does 'usually' do it intelligently, so him I still hold some respect for. But chilli and chnt. Well, there just little  delinquents, probably the kind that would rip your khat plant, if you dared to plant them in your front yard. 

Anyway, I don't care what any of you say, no ones going to convince me that there isn't a underlying health problem if an individual is suffering 'debilitating' side effect from stopping there caffeine intake. Like thunder the man said, check your urine. If your not pissing a clear coloured  stream of liquid, then your not getting enough water, which would obviously at the very least 'worsen' the systems of any "caffeine withdrawal".

Zen Peddler, Just curious if you know why your doctor would claim caffeine is bad for cardiovascular health? I mean I can see why it would be if you were old or in ill health, I mean, even extreme exercise would be in that case. But can't really find any real evidence of why caffeine would be inherently unhealthy for a healthy individual.

Also, forgive me if I'm being ignorant, but don't most drugs react on receptors and release specific neurotransmitters?  

Personally, I think caffeine is an awesome drug. It just helps keep ya alert and active, without the side effect of being intoxicated. It really helps me with muscle aches as well, from working out. That sugar free red bull was the absolute shit for that and only 7 cals per can, though I think the taurine had a lot to do with it. I'd definitely still be drinking my 8 cans a day if I could afford it. But I digress, just basically wondering about any legitimate evidence that caffeine (not coffee) is bad for your long term health.

lol, I also notice no ones taken up my proposal to just drop one 100mg No-Doz pill to see if it relieves these apparent caffeine withdrawals? 

Peace

lol, I also notice no ones taken up my proposal to just drop one 100mg No-Doz pill to see if it relieves these apparent caffeine withdrawals?

Im happy to give this a go. Ive been drinking coffee daily for the last week or 2 so normally I would get withdrawal symptoms if I stop after that amount of time. Ill report back.

I wonder how much it would be influenced by knowing im doing it to test this out. Anyway, cant hurt to try.

Get a friend to do a blind or double-blind experiment :) Just shave the logo off or crush it. Plug it :bootyshake:

i heard that chnt guy is racist

Unsure about racist but fuk the little bitch talks alot of shit?

-edited to add the fact the he is indeed a little bitch.

Unsure about racist but fuk the little bitch talks alot of shit?

090826huggett.jpg

I think it's more like a pot calling a pot black.

Takes one to know one etc.

edit: and reading this thread makes me think i'm not drinking the same coffee as the rest of you guys :/

I think it's more like a pot calling a pot black.

Takes one to know one etc.

Good point, schoolyard parlance is probably more appropriate a response to a simpleton

BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE !

Is it normal to drink one cup of coffee and then take all of your clothes off and walk into your local council?

if not, I didnt do it either...

^^^ I'll have what he's having.

that being said, i think i have read that the withdrawals last only a few days and that is my experience too.

yeah, why not just suck it up, deal with some headaches & cravings for a few days/week, follow through & you'll be fine.. caffeine is very addictive & i'm not trying to play down the effects it can have on your health but relatively speaking it's a peice of piss to give up.. i don't care who you are.. no pain, no gain.

Word. Fore to give up cigs I'd need to give up coffee. Both would be beneficial for my health. Possibly not for others lol

Word. Fore to give up cigs I'd need to give up coffee. Both would be beneficial for my health. Possibly not for others lol

Exactly, just suck it up. I swear some of you people sound like a bunch of little school girls whinging about a scraped knee or some shit. Oh boo hoo, You feel a little fatigued and have a headache. Big deal!

I've been a major bong head since I was 12 years old and have quit for the last 2 months, without any major issues. I have also now quite tobacco for the last 7 days, which is the longest I've gone without tobacco, since I was 12.

How have I managed to do this? I've quit being a little fucking bitch about it and am not just sitting around feeling sorry for myself!

It was the exact same thing when I quit eating meat. I tried for years without success, after a few days I would just start thinking about how good meat tasted and how much my poor little tummy hurt. But then one day I just decided, FUCK THIS! I don't eat meat anymore and that's how it going to be! Haven't touched meat in well over 2 years.

Just man the fuck up! That's honestly all it comes down to with habits and addictions.

Peace