The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
niggles

Want to work for Gardening Australia? (ABC)

That sounds like a potentially fun job. I reckon working for the ABC, SBS or a place like the CSIRO would be cool.

A few years ago it would have sounded like a dream job to apply for... and I could get references from a family friend who's family go back to the development of both the ABC and SBS with heavy involvement since.

Alas uni is my path these days, and also my world realistically for the next 7 years or so :unsure:

I bet they'd go for a young, hot male gardener who'll appeal to the less-botanically-inclined female audience.

Haha, I've recommended a friend apply who's a young attractive female. She actually was on abc radio for the gardening australia segment talking about a cultivar of a native jasmine she'd bred at the age of 19 and had wholesalers stocking it.

Actually that would be a better idea, getting more "average blokes" interested in gardening lol.

• Like 1

GA's target demographic is old people and gays. The other gardening programs aim for the mainstream suburban family demographic, so not much point competing there.

So, a cute young non-poofy guy who will leave the queers drooling and the oldies nonthewiser would be perfect. The rest would have to be fairly plain and not too energetic so as not to upset the oldies.

• Like 2

I am pretty sure this is for a research position not a presentation position, so I dont think it matters what you look like!

It always matters what you look like when going for a job :wink:

I'm living proof this isn't always the case! mohawk, tatts etc but successfully worked in middle management advertising/sales, accounting and now I manage retail. I think if your personality matches their requirements, and your personality matches your style/look then you got nothing to be worried about. its when your being somebody you aint it works against you..

and yes this is a researchers position, essential criteria 6 would rule out 90% of applicants i think!

d00d

I am pretty sure this is for a research position not a presentation position, so I dont think it matters what you look like!

:blush: should have read the link, sorry.

edit: and now it's gone.

GA's target demographic is old people and gays. The other gardening programs aim for the mainstream suburban family demographic, so not much point competing there.

So, a cute young non-poofy guy who will leave the queers drooling and the oldies nonthewiser would be perfect. The rest would have to be fairly plain and not too energetic so as not to upset the oldies.

I'm not old (not that old anyway) or gay and I loved that show until Peter Cundall left. I loved how energetic the old boy always was. I remember one time when he was in his mid eighties he was pumped up about spring and he jumped off the edge of a garden bed and said something like "let's jump into spring".

For me the show has lost it's appeal these days, even though there are many knowledgeable people there they just don't have the passion like old Pete did, I've never seen anyone else so happy about digging shit and blood and bone into a garden bed.

I don't even watch it anymore, it's not the same without Pete.

GA's target demo is partly gays? How do you figure that? :)

I don't know many older gay gentlemen....they like cultivating roses or something? or they enjoy landscaping? (when they're not manscaping.....sorry, bad joke)

Edited by coin

GA's target demo is partly gays? How do you figure that? :)

I don't know many older gay gentlemen....they like cultivating roses or something? or they enjoy landscaping? (when they're not manscaping.....sorry, bad joke)

My guess is that would be fairly accurate.

It's not so much specifically targeted towards a gay audience as stark realisation as to what interests the typical younger straight Aussie male.

Those interests are normally seasonal sports, football, cricket, motor racing etc.

What's manscaping got to do with being gay, I thought that was more for straight Sydney inner city dwellers

So, a cute young non-poofy guy who will leave the queers drooling and the oldies nonthewiser would be perfect. The rest would have to be fairly plain and not too energetic so as not to upset the oldies

Why didnt you tell me earlier that there was a job opening ideal for me? LOL

What's manscaping got to do with being gay

nothing

:)

Zen - start a youtube channel

Damn shame, that would be awesome to work for the ABC or whoever, as some sort of poster boy. From first appearances I seriously get everyone going who has an interest in blokes, whether it's gay people, bored house wives, old ladies or the young hotties.

You know, with my perfectly chiseled symmetrical facial features, sky blue eyes, long golden blonde straight thin hair, golden bronzed tan and perfect muscle tone, I seriously can't even walk into the shopping centre without been made a big deal of and being cracked on to by all the groups of people mentioned above. lol, but then anyone who gets to actually know me ends up hating my guts. It goes from one complete extreme to the other, it's honestly surreal. I'm just extremely passionate about things and people take it as being aggressive or totally arrogant. But in reality I'm actually a really caring person who doesn't like seeing harm come to anyone or thing. Who knows what I do wrong.

Seriously have been considering trying to get some sort of acting gig lately, you know, where I can hide my unlikable personality and pretend to be someone else. There must be some logical reason I was born this way, both perfect and completely inferior at the same time, lol. Or maybe it's all just a big meaningless nothing. Probably fucking inbreed or something! My mum who has the same sort of features as me is real weird about my little sister being around my grandpa and my dad (who looks greek or some shit) has always seemed to hate me with a passion, he never acted like that with my younger brothers.

Yeah, anyway I know, I know, WTF is the nut case carrying on about now! Right? Fire away brothers and sisters, how pathetic am I? Don't worry I'm more than used to being told, lol.

Peace out

i love you jabez

• Like 1