The Corroboree

wondering what people think about communicating with the highest force, or god, or the universe, whatever you call it or however you conceptionalise it,can you talk with it?and can it talk to you?

t s t .

The "I Ching" or book of changes is a excellent for communicating with the Universe.

Sometimes though you don’t need anything to help you interpret the will of the universe. For instance the universe has made it abundantly clear to me that I need to exercise more.

It performed this simply by taking my licence away from me for 6 months.

• Like 2

talking is an inferior, linear and restrictive form of communication. If god were to present himself in this form, I doubt it would be seriously interesting.

Communications with God that are non-"language" based however, would be a different thing entirely and untranslatable into language.

Quineans might object that untranslatable communication is no form of communication whatsoever, and they could be right; however, they fail to analyse the possibility of intertranslation between distinct non-"language"

schemas.

How would you distinguish one non-language schema from another?

What exactly is the nature of a simple atom of of non-language meaning?

mmmm

If your god does talk to you just be careful who you tell. The general consensus in both of our cultures is that people who talk to god are devoted, people that hear god talk back are insane. Only tell people who would understand.

I think clouds would make a nice nonverbal communication form.

They are pure airborne water some of which becomes incorporated in living things.

A medium God wouldn't mind using one would think.

Some depictions of noverbal cloud communication shows a cloud formations from which a ray of sunlight illuminates the beholder deliberately, at least to the beholders standpoint.

If one was moving in a car on a cloudy day and a small patch of sunlight illuminated the car continually for miles this might serve to communicate a continual presence.

Or perhaps the appearance of an arrangement of clouds.

Something to contemplate on a cloudy day.

This of course would be a nature type of communication, by definition from God who could control nature.

Which might be what God might do if word/verbal communicaton was compromised in that a recipient might not know who was word communicating.

[ 01. June 2003, 20:22: Message edited by: devance ]

• Like 1

Yeah, God doesn't communicate well verbally, you've got to watch the body language. If he smights you hip and thigh, for instance, or turns your wife into a pillar of salt, you can tell he's upset about something.

• Like 2

Another interesting question of, if there is a hearing communication without nature omnipotent communication confirmation how would one know it was from God, or at least by way of a delegated truthful spirit rather than a lying spirit.

I would think it would again have to be self evident.

As a speculative example lets say the truthful spirit might hearingly communicate using a voice sounding like many people singing in unison which might indicate the unified existence of the spirit with other spirits.

A actual word content wouldn't be necessary as a sense of a unified existence would be communicated by the unified many singing voices.

A lying spirit might simply be disturbing and intrusive.

[ 02. June 2003, 04:54: Message edited by: devance ]

I think we're all receivers/transmitters in the neuronal consciousness-we all have a certain part in the 'Matrix',just like some people can sing,some can sew, some feel things others don't.

That's why "they" build 'mortal' standards-religions and GOVERNments

Without a 'tangeble','selfish''god fearin' society.Man........people would be happy from top to bottom.

YOU ARE GOD!

After all..it's YOUR time you hear ticking away :rolleyes:

Guest socratus

I think we're all receivers/transmitters in the neuronal consciousness-we

all have a certain part in the 'Matrix',just like some people can sing,

some can sew, some feel things others don't.

That's why "they" build 'mortal' standards-religions and GOVERNments

Without a 'tangeble','selfish''god fearin' society.

Man........people would be happy from top to bottom.

YOU ARE GOD!

After all..it's YOUR time you hear ticking away :rolleyes:

If there are Gods,

Why cannot I be one of them ?

/ F. Nietzsche /

If there are Gods,

Why cannot I be one of them ?

/ F. Nietzsche /

There is only GOD...

you are part of it

/hutch/

Thats my take. One god which makes up our whole....we are really all part of god and part of each other. Not in a biological sense obviously but at our very essence....our soul....we all rejoin as one.....what a ride...newimprovedwinkonclear.gif

Edited by hutch

i pray to my heavenly father, heavenly mother and mother earth

and my prayers are answered

we are god speaking, BTW

So why can't God communicate verbally???

I agree that intuitive interpertation of everything (complet bodylanguage interaction with our enviroment also) is how it starts,..... so why cant God hyjack your brain for you to hear his/her/it's voice??

I got talking to god at a party once, and geez it was a bore. He was one of those guys who goes on and on about his job and just doesn't get that it's of no interest to anyone but themselves.

"I just finished a project involving the balance of good and evil and you wouldn't believe the amount of programming and organisational skills involved".

Jeez, give me a break. I tried to excuse myself to go get a drink about 15 times but each time he just seemed to ignore it and move on to the next part of his story.... and there was that eye contact thing, you know where they lock onto you and after a while you're so bored that your eyes start drifting to that cute chick sitting by the fireplace or to your watch and then you realise that they've been looking at your eyes while you're looking elsewhere and then you feel really guilty as if they might twig that you find them absolutely boring and, as boring as they are, they seem kind of nice so you don't want to offend.

Anyway, I finally got relieved of the chore when god realised he hadn't checked his iphone for prayer updates. As soon as he logged on, I buggered off out of there. Never even got a chance to talk to that chick by the fireplace cos I got snagged up listening to god's monologue so long she must have left.

Shithouse party. :(

Edited by Rabaelthazar
  • Like 2

long time ago i asked this q ......

since then my answer has been dropped often into other threads.

everything is made of god and so has an intelligence/consciousness which can be communicated with.

i talked with a chair ,others talk to their pets.....

t s t .

long time ago i asked this q ......

since then my answer has been dropped often into other threads.

everything is made of god and so has an intelligence/consciousness which can be communicated with.

i talked with a chair ,others talk to their pets.....

t s t .

Yes yes yes....thats it....there is only god...I talk to a wall in my shed....helps me focus....

There is only GOD...

you are part of it

/hutch/

Thats my take. One god which makes up our whole....we are really all part of god and part of each other. Not in a biological sense obviously but at our very essence....our soul....we all rejoin as one.....what a ride...newimprovedwinkonclear.gif

[/quote/)

amen brother we are all one but have a barrier that does not let us see this on our regular plain and gives us individualness so we think we are separate from each other but we are just vibrating molecules and of which are all connected

so does that mean if we can become at peace within our own selves, that we will then be at peace with each other?

I think the best way to talk with god is thru suffering, when one suffers in torment and pain with such profound anguish and agony then the deepest part of there soul will open up, and even the atheist will beg & pray to god for it to stop! I found my own personal version of god from pain,sacrifice and loss of blood, moreso then any psychedelic mindtrip, although these mindtrips have set the ethereal landscape for the chartered regions of where the soul may finally have its final domain!

Edited by applesnail

so does that mean if we can become at peace within our own selves, that we will then be at peace with each other?

if one cannot find peace and love for ones self, one cannot have it for others...?

the other is a frame of mind no?

I think the best way to talk with god is thru suffering, when one suffers in torment and pain with such profound anguish and agony then the deepest part of there soul will open up, and even the atheist will beg & pray to god for it to stop! I found my own personal version of god from pain,sacrifice and loss of blood, moreso then any psychedelic mindtrip, although these mindtrips have set the ethereal landscape for the chartered regions of where the soul may finally have its final domain!

Nice...

It would be hard not to call out for god at the time of immanent death...

Most certainly,don't forget the reverse is just as true,so if you find it difficult one way,then turn it around.....it's called Balance.

Just don't expect it to be stable and static,that's not the true nature of things....it is the aim :wink:

• Like 1

Thanks mescalito, I realise my question was a bit vague but you've given me the answer I was seeking so thanks.

I'm a libran so finding the balance is always top of my priorities lol

Theophanic tendencies often cover or hide a subtely distressed presence that dodges the dramas and pains of embodiment by dissociating into etheric states and principles... by drowning out reality with an escapist consensual imaginarium. If i was Blake and did see the universe in a grain of sand i'd ask, well what does this change in my life, with my feet on the ground?.. Universe, god, be more pragmatic!?!

• Like 1

Becoming God and talking AS God. dissolves human created boundaries to THAT. Talking TO God presupposes a separation from THAT.

A lot of theological arguments of many hundreds of years in the west stressed a division between man and god, human and divine. But, I think much of our task is to collapse those divisions.

This can take you to "grandiose" places, but extremely humble places too...

Here is a joke too:

What is the difference between Larry Ellison and God?

Answer: God doesn't think he is Larry Ellison!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Ellison

Julian.

• Like 1