The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psilohuasca

wandjina gardens

I gotta say Torsten, or whoever owns that place, its pretty piss poor for an ethno nursery. You guys had fuck all in the way of amazonian shamanic plants of sizeable nature. I aint buyin these toenail clippin sized plants that your trying to sell. I mean if im coming to see what your growin, no offence, but you should have shit growin thats at least 2 metres tall in a pot that people can take home, it aint that hard. You could charge about 10 times as much as you do for those little things on this site. Thats business.

Not to mention most of the shit you had was almost 70% cacti. Not only that, 80% of your cacti had signs of lack of health, i know cacti are hardy, but just because they are, doesnt mean you can treat them like shit. Piss poor.

As a nursery without ethnobotany considered, i give it a 4.5/10. As an ethno nursery, i give it 2.5/10.

I mean come on, if your gona sell shit to people, might as well tell em they are getting shit quality that is overpriced.

that may be your opinion, but I doubt it's shared by many here. I have never recieved anything but plants of the highest quality and perfectly packaged too. T is not into handfeeding from wat I've gathered and the small plants would be because I'd guess the majority of his sales are online, not via the nursery, so postage costs would become an issue. Maybe sum1 can post sum pics so we can see wat Wandjina gardens is looking like ATM. P.S> Also, remember there are such things as seasons :P

I only ever had a P. viridis sucombe to necrosis and die

other then that no problem, with plants or seed, ever.

I Would love to work at Wandjina or something like it

That's not very lady like language :P

And yeah, seasons, sales, everyone buying the good stuff etc

But still, if you don't like it just dont go back, pretty simple.

Show us what a ethno garden should look like :)

i was a little mean

and im not gonna bother posting in threads like this anymore :)

i think thats pretty damn disrespectful

and you have an incredibly bad fukin attitude to come on here posting shit like that

is it just that time of the month or are you just a fukin bitch

geez

if you didnt like the place dont go bak there then

but dont come on here bagging the shit out of it and being so disrespectful to people about it

thats not wat this comunity is about

i dont know anything about this place but a quick look at the website it seems that its a work in progress

as jonston said

i'd like to see your almighty fukin great garden

if you think you know so much about wat a great ethno garden should look like

better yet i think you should just remove yourself from this community

this kind of bad attitude really fukin pisses me off

people like you should just be banned

Way to be sexist in every way imaginable. Why not just tell me to go and dance at a strip club because women have small brains.

I think you're pretty damn disrespectful and insensitive myself.

It is what it is. An average nursery. BTW, i was there about 4 weeks ago smack bang in the middle of spring. If things arent looking good then, not good. The plants are really not taken care of very well at all. Its like the RSPCA of nurseries, bunnings does a better job in their nursery than these guys do of taking care of these sacred plants.

What is this community about? Lies? Deception? Mediocrity? I can actually understand the latter from a bunch of hippies who are more interested in their image than life itself, or what they are "supposedly" about.

The plants that i have, are grown in shit, and they look better than the majority of the stuff grown their.

Just the truth. I have bought things from SAB online before but after visitng that nursery, not likely to do so again. Didnt like the energy of the place.

I want quality from my nurseries, not quantity. I am a perfectionist, it is what makes me great, i dont take nothing less than 120%, whats the point of doing things half assed in life, your just letting yourself down.

MYCO - Have you actually been their or are you just hating for the sake of hating and defending "the community" that has itself proven many times over, to be indefensible?

I love you Myco.

myco. settle down tough guy. if you came across psilohuasca irl and she expressed her opinion, without personally attacking anyone, would you still call her a fucken bitch? it's people with attitudes like yours that should fuck off. never been to wandjina, and can't comment on qualitity (sept to say their maidenii seeds have a high germ rate) and idgaf what your attachment is to it being viewed positively, have some respect.

also

i dont know anything about this place

so there's no need for you post in this thread. end of story.

You can't simply ban Her because she is having a bitch in the bitches forum.

I believe this is a bitch on SAB product quality and range,

I must say you do have some guts coming to SAB's community forum and saying the products suck :blink:

With my Psychotria I received it in a tube stock pot with some nice potting mix and it had 2 shoots and 2 leaves on each shoot making for leaves total, it was put under filtered sun on my windowsill in an empty fishtank and was misted when I could, it started shooting new sets of leaves which became small (toenail clippin sized) thn black and fell off. Both stems had many nodes and in spring re shoot at least 6 new leave but the root system had mites attacking and remaining necrosis, it died I think due to my lack of experience not that it was an unhealthy plant.

I say this because I had bought a Caapi vine which was also in a tubestock sized pot extremely rootboung and when i received it ever leaf was yellow, after a couple months in the greenhouse it has now been transplanted in the ground.

I believe the reason for these small toenail clippin sized plants is because they take cuttings from a mother which is much more productive to do with new growth,root it in a tube stock and then sell and ship from there, then taking a cutting sticking in a pot and keeping it healthy in there until it is 2m tall to sell for a hefty price.

if I was SAB the former sound better off financially then the latter

Edited; did not realise you were a girl psilo and every reference was he or him

I believe the reason for these small toenail clippin sized plants is because they take cuttings from a mother which is much more productive to do with new growth,root it in a tube stock and then sell and ship from there, then taking a cutting sticking in a pot and keeping it healthy in there until it is 2m tall to sell for a hefty price.

if I was SAB the former sound better off financially then the latter

But from experience it is so easy to do so. Laziness is all that comes to mind.How hard is it to make your biggest marketing tool into something more than a 15cm pot?

REALLY?

Sometimes you gotta hate on a product for that product to pick up its game and evolve, otherwise you just keep getting shit from people whose consciousness PRODUCE this type of SHIT.

You are what you are. Get better at what you do, be great not average.

Edited; did not realise you were a girl psilo and every reference was he or him

Does not make the nature of our interaction any different, than you for your opinion.

WE are the great I AM

bulls on parade philohausca is the one with no respect so QFT

Ease up guys haha, that criticism was sort of constructive but very unnecessary to swear so much. Sorry mate.

Just chill :)

im not trying to be a tough guy nor am i being sexist

your comments bring me to one conclusion its that time of the month or yes you are a bitch

What if im a guy? LOL. Doesnt that make you look like a dud bitch? AND a bad judge of human character, after all who would post such garbage in reply as 2 people already told you to shut the fuck up! Attacking someone because they are a woman? Tell me what does pussy taste like? Scratch that, you wouldnt know, judging by your post.

When i can be bothered to read the rest of your drivel, i will. Right now all the respect you command is 3-4 sentences which equvilates to about 30 seconds of my time.

Once again, i still love you, dont take this personally, just grow my peridoic sister, grow baby.

I thought you wanted plants that are at least 2m tall??

Yes, your point? I cant bag the plants that are suffering because i only want the plants that are big?

I think wandjina gardens is a separate entity to the SAB online store. It's a work in progress. It's called Wandjina Gardens not Wandjina Nursery for a reason im guessing. I think im right in saying it's the physical manifestation of the online store

Its called a nursery when you get to Mullumbimby!!! :)

As someone pointed out the online store needs to ship small plants and cuttings or postage costs will get to high and it's hard to ship without damage when the plants are big.

Thats why i went the Wandjina "gardens:, all i found was more 15cm plants that are advertised on the online store.

all the stuff in SAB online store is quality stuff and you don't really hear to many complaints.

More of a product of the integrity of the type of people that are on this site and buying these plants in my opinion, that the quality of work.

why get so worked up?

Mediocrity in this field pisses me off, i want ethnobotany to be quality in every facet so when people attack this shit, they have no weak spots to go for. Its all connected, get it?

More of a product of the integrity of the type of people that are on this site and buying these plants in my opinion, that the quality of work

How can you generalise over 5000 people like that ? A bit harsh IMO

Mediocrity in this field pisses me off, i want ethnobotany to be quality in every facet so when people attack this shit, they have no weak spots to go for. Its all connected, get it?
I want quality from my nurseries, not quantity. I am a perfectionist, it is what makes me great

:lol: Maybe you should open a nursery.. sounds like you would corner the market in no time :rolleyes:

How can you generalise over 5000 people like that ? A bit harsh IMO

:lol: Maybe you should open a nursery.. sounds like you would corner the market in no time :rolleyes:

If this was what i wanted to do i would kill it.

I know I have what is to me is an awesome ethnobotanical collection, and I wouldn't have most of it without Torsten and SAB. The only things that have died where my own fault. Major nurseries and collections will fight pests and disease constantly which can effect the cosmetics, but I can tell you from experience, no nursery or market garden is perfect or ever will be, it's an impossible standard. I'm happy with the products and service I've recieved. Often get a free gift, or larger sized plants than I ordered. And they are always healthy. :)

I gotta say Torsten, or whoever owns that place, its pretty piss poor for an ethno nursery. You guys had fuck all in the way of amazonian shamanic plants of sizeable nature. I aint buyin these toenail clippin sized plants that your trying to sell. I mean if im coming to see what your growin, no offence, but you should have shit growin thats at least 2 metres tall in a pot that people can take home, it aint that hard. You could charge about 10 times as much as you do for those little things on this site. Thats business.

Not to mention most of the shit you had was almost 70% cacti. Not only that, 80% of your cacti had signs of lack of health, i know cacti are hardy, but just because they are, doesnt mean you can treat them like shit. Piss poor.

As a nursery without ethnobotany considered, i give it a 4.5/10. As an ethno nursery, i give it 2.5/10.

I mean come on, if your gona sell shit to people, might as well tell em they are getting shit quality that is overpriced.

If you look at a product and you don’t like it don’t buy it

If you think something is overpriced don’t buy it

If you don’t like the people that are selling a product don’t buy it

If you follow these simple things you will always be happy with your purchases then you won’t have anything to complain about

You know I have been in business for many years and it pisses me off that people like you want to tell everybody that will listen how bad a business is run yet it is only your opinion. You might think you opinion is the only opinion and that you are always right and you know how to do everything better than everyone else. That’s fine but if you wandered into my business with that attitude I would charge you double the going rate (aggravation charge) or tell you I couldn’t help you. Really who would want you as a customer I sure as hell wouldn’t

Cheers

Got

<insert troll gif here>

Alright, lets tackle the size issue. Torsten has thousands of plants in his collection, many of which he grows for the general public - the ones he thinks people are interested in, the plants interesting from an ethnobotanical point of view, and a few weirdies besides. He could conceivably grow some of these to a much larger size, but then there would be less small ones for other people. He also wouldn't be able to post them - hard shit for anyone who can't travel or live too far away, or possibly even overseas. If you want bigger stuff, ask him and he will consider growing it on.

Also please be aware, Torsten is growing plants for people to grow in their gardens. If he were to grow huge plants of caapi, etc. it is not inconceivable the authorities may get concerned that he is growing for other reasons.

Okay, let's tackle the cacti. Torsten likes cacti and he has an extensive collection. They are relatively easy to multiply, so that's why he has lots. North Coast is humid, so problems with that. Problems with scale - sure, some difficulties there. If you have a cost effective way of mass-treating scale without nasty chemicals then please post it here, I would love to see it.

Torsten doesn't use chemicals on his plants. He doesn't believe in it. Imagine if the overflow from the nursery gos in to the local creek and poisons the water supply all the way down to the beach, which is national park. And where heaps of locals swim. You think he's going to be able to run if the local council thinks he's poisioning the creeks? Besides, there are medicinal herbs and fruit trees, it's not a good idea to use systemics on them in case someone actually ingests the plants, he doesn't want to be responsible for poisoning them. Many plants are really sensitive to chemicals too. Lastly, you throw nice chemical fertiliser around the plants quickly out grow the pots and your work is made harder.

Please remember, mosat nurseries use huge quantities of chemicals, growing without them organically is very difficult as the information is sparse, difficult to get a hold of, and is sometimes incorrect or inappropriate. Using chilli sprays to kill scale, nearly coughed my lungs up - I was burning for days. Environmentally friendly, but not safe for me. And I'm allergic to neem - as are many people. Instant headaches and blurry vision.

Let me ask you, how many ethno nurseries have you been to?

It's a sellers market. Torsten sells valuable plants that can't be easily found elsewhere at very reasonable prices, and you don't even have to leave you house to get them.

I really don't know what you are complaining about. Okay, I'll fess up, I used to work there, so you touched a nerve. Many of these plants aren't easy to grow / propagate either, so you should be grateful they are available at all.

LOL, I almost missed the fun of this thread.

Planthelper - I reckon you are right about the troll thing. I have been to dozens of ethnobotany nurseries around the world and have yet to see one with more variety than us.

Whitewind - you've summed it up pretty well. We are not a nursery, we are a mail order supply. As such we grow plants for mailing. That means small. I think our very restrictive opening hours clearly indicate that we are not keen on walk-in retail trade, but that we simply offer this as a courtesy for those who like to buy slightly larger plants or who like to pick their own.

You are spot on about the fact that we do not supply quantity. We want people to grow their own plants, not walk away and harvest them. we could make a shitload of money by selling large cactus cuttings, but we don't as that is not what we are interested in.

Just noticed you said you worked here. That explains your insight in how we do things. who are you?

troll - Our nursery is about 35% cacti by space and only about 25% cacti by species, so obviously you did not have a good look around or have a very poor understanding what plants you are actually looking at. I have the feeling you may not have actually been here as this would have been obvious to any visitor.

We grow about 900 lines for sale at any one time and thousands more for ourselves which we from time to time propagate for sale. Show me one ethnobotany nursery anywhere in the world that does that.

As for how we sell our plants I think whitewind outlined things pretty well. If you think that Bunnings plants are healthier than ours then you do not know much about plant physiology. A juicy green plant is usually not as healthy as a hard grown one - even if the former looks prettier. if you are looking for superficial appearance then don't buy from us. Bunnings needs to sell their plants within a few weeks or they get thrown out. we would not be able to do that. Also, try and seal a bunnings plant into a plastic bag for 7 days and see what happens. Slime is the likely outcome. Our plants often travel to europe and back without any major damage. That what you get from fully hardened plants which is what we prefer to sell.

I don't mind criticism as that is what makes us better, but what you have given is uninformed, uneducated and incompetent commetary that will have no bearing on how we do things. Go away and learn about plants before you make a fool of yourself.

If this was what i wanted to do i would kill it.

Cop-out! Put up or shut up!