The Corroboree
CβL

Pictures of indiscriminate death (Warning: Graphic images)

Oh cmon...Whats wrong with you? I took offense in your comment as well as your racist remarks in the second post. If you´d putten nice funny titles over the cambodian pictures, i´d definately given you the warn point for that one. The picture of the jewish mass grave itself will probably come back up again but surely without your headline. We´re done here because this is ridiculous. You deserved it. Accept it and move on.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

The Cambodian images are far more confronting, yet they remain on the thread.

Are you dissembling or just delusional? You just don't seem to get that the comment was the problem, not the pic. I smell troll

EG I really really loved your last response, it bought a lot of dignity to this discussion and I thank you for it :wub:

i think a good ol' fashioned bat-fight will settle this.

i think a good ol' fashioned bat-fight will settle this.

I'm... deeply frightened by that guy's hair. Mummy make the bad man stop

Will Ferrell, eh? That means there's a 50/50 chance the video is funny...

• Like 1

get outta town will ferrell IS the funniest man alive!

Edited by incognito

I had been avoiding looking at this thread, expecting graphic and gruesome images to be in it. It lived up to that expectation.

That first image is incredible. Can you give us some details about if Bluntmuffin?

Crazy place, that Sedlec Ossuary! Can't believe it's Christian. Really looks like it should be some underground Satanic cult abode, but apparently it's a house of God!

Been to the Killing Fields in Cambodia. Interesting place. Sad to think of what happened there, but the locals seem strangely unaffected by it. Our rickshaw drivers were joking about shooting each other while we were there, after offering to take us to the shooting range. We declined. Some other people we met were apparently offered to go shoot a cow, while other were offered to shoot a person. Not sure how true that story was, but the prevailing attitude seemed pretty trigger happy.

Those seal images, as sickening as they are, are no worse than some of the footage in Earthlings. If you want to be sickened and disgusted at the capacity for humanity to commit grievous harm upon animals in the name of money, then watch that, but be prepared to become very depressed. One of the worst scenes is of raccoon dogs in China being skinned alive for fur. After being skinned, one is tossed into the pile of skinned corpses, still alive. It lifts its head, looks directly at the camera and blinks. It's truly awful. There are many other very sad and fucked up scenes in it. Abattoir footage, animal testing footage (some of this is unbelievably sickening), circus footage, etc. As confronting as it is, that documentary (as biased and incorrect as some of the narration is), is actually really worth watching.

get outta town will ferrell IS the funniest man alive!

Yeah, I wouldn't go that far... For one; the funniest man alive wouldn't accept every movie role he was offered... :P

Edited by synchromesh
  • Like 1

fuck - I just watched earthlings for the first time !

Why is it i cannot help but looking ? No matter how much i know i dont want to see it ?

That was so disturbing, i mean i knew that stuff happened but fuck ! that opened my eyes ! I am now officially a vegetarian, and thats is said with conviction. Something id really rather not have seen but it HAS spurred me to make a change. Maybe in SOME circumstances a shock like that, presented in a tactful way, can be a catalyst for change. So i suppose my perspective has changed slightly after watching that !

And for the record i had no objections to the op !

Psylo your missing the point im fairly sure it was more the caption associated with the image you posted that caused it to be removed

i have nothing against the image as its a part of history, but the text associated with it is what caused offence

If I had posted a photo of the Italian team in a world cup match, and used the term "salami-munchers", would I be subjected to the same vicious and defamatory statements about making a random, thoughtless caption?

maybe not the same reaction but see rule #3 of the posting rules

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

3) Racism, homophobia, or any other bigotry will not be tolerated.

some stuff will slip through, but the more offensive the comment you can bet your balls it will be acted on much faster

Edited by mac

Psylo your missing the point im fairly sure it was more the caption associated with the image you posted that caused it to be removed

The caption is still remaining in this thread. See post#3. It's the image that was removed.

Have you even been to cambodia?

And I couldnt give a fuck about the jewish genocide
On the contrary, I have an intense feeling of sadness about the Kampuchea situation. Keep your assumptions of me to yourself.
Such fucking double standards here

:scratchhead: so who has the double standards you seem to be contradicting yourself in the next quote to suit your own misguided opinion

You can't pick & choose what's deemed to be disgraceful if you want to be an objective humanist

:wacko:

So what makes one atrocity worse than the other ? time ? race ?

why no humorous caption for the Cambodian image

Edited by mac

Pilate, holding title as prefect of Judaea, AKA the Kingdom of Judah, was a puppet for Jewish interests.
The gospels, especially Matthew and John, want Jesus to have been condemned by Jewish mobs, against Pilate's better judgment. These gospels were being written at a time when the early Christians were trying to get along with Rome, so we find a little whitewashing of Roman authorities. Thus, the gospels report that Pilate was worried, that his wife told him to take no action, that he consulted the (mostly Jewish) mob and pleaded on Jesus' behalf, and finally, that he caved in to public pressure and ordered Jesus' execution.

This seems unlikely. The gospels' portrayal of Pilate as wishy-washy, reluctant, and weak-willed is incompatible with the descriptions of him in Josephus and Philo. He had served as prefect of Judea for over a decade; he would not have survived long in that political climate if he were as indecisive as the gospels depict. We can probably best explain this as Christian propaganda a few decades later--an excuse for Pilate's action to reduce tension between the growing Christian movement and Roman authority.

Weddig Fricke says, "Despite all the efforts to make the Jews look primarily responsible and to cast the Roman procurator in the role of an unwitting instrument . . . the biblical accounts make it quite clear that Pontius Pilate pronounced the death sentence . . . which was carried out by his legionnaires."

The most likely story is that Jesus was sent to Pilate by Caiaphas, flogged and briefly interrogated. Then, when Jesus' answers were not completely satisfactory, Pilate had him crucified without a second thought.

SO, WHO KILLED JESUS, ALREADY?

In summary, Jesus was killed because the Roman empire mercilessly put down any possible source of rebellion or riot. The empire's agents included the Roman prefect Pilate who ordered the execution, and the Jewish high priest Caiaphus and his council who initiated the process. Assigning responsibility to an entire group of people, whether the Jews or the Romans, is stereotyping, oversimplifying, and false.

read more.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2011/who-killed-jesus

Have you even been to cambodia?

Yes. As recently as twice in the past five years. Have you been to the Holocaust Memorial Museum? How about the Vietnamese War Remnants Museum?

Re: Psylo Dread-You can't pick & choose what's deemed to be disgraceful if you want to be an objective humanist

so who has the double standards you seem to be contradicting yourself in the next quote to suit your own misguided opinion

you (pronoun:

- used of the person or persons being addressed, in the nominative or objective

Please read the statement in context, as a response to whom I was addressing. But regardless, I agree with you, and I'm not hiding the fact that I feel differently about the Kampuchea genocide and the Jew Holocaust. That's pretty obvious to anyone who's following this cyber crucifixion, so I don't know why you keep banging on about my double standards, apart from maybe to make yourself look like you've been paying attention. Nobody, least of all myself, is denying you that statement. I'm not an objective humanist. I'm also not vegetarian, anti-iberal party and I ain't kosher. I'm mixed Irish/German heritage (perfect candidate for the Aryan Brotherhood, hey), and I use the word 'cunt' a lot. Some may consider that crass. What else would you like to know about me ?

why no humorous caption for the Cambodian image

How about "Phnom Penh Head-Shop"? I'll BET if I wrote that instead there wouldn't be such an outrage, because there is no social conditioning towards anti-semitism-type accusations for making light of the Khmer Rouge atrocities. No, instead, the false-sympathies are almost exclusively Holocaustian.

• Like 2

SO, WHO KILLED JESUS, ALREADY?

That article supports the notion of Pilate being a Jewish puppet, (as I stated). My earlier statements also included the words: According to many biblical scholars

It's not my belief structure, and I don't care much about counter-speculation of Christ anyway. My comments are regarding Mel Gibson's alleged interperetation, and the backlash from Jews, in predictable fashion.

Also I am feeling like I'm in Jesus' sandals right now.

What do the following politicians in the Obama administration have in common ? This lists some powerful portfolios, who hold significant sway in what goes on in the USA and subsequently the world.

White House Chief of Staff

Senior Advisor to the President

Director of the Office of Management and Budget

Director of the National Economic Council

Solicitor General

Deputy Secretary of State

I'll give you a hint. Barack Obama is their puppet, because that's how they roll.

Most of this stuff is off-topic. Please stay on focus or ill dump this thread in a second. Also i dont want to hear any more stories about the Aryan Brotherhood, the jews being the problem of the world and similar Campfire Tales.

Also please dont tempt or bait Psylo. We all know that his political views are "special" and this forum is not the place to share em. I for my part have heard enough of this and from now on, i will delete everything that could somehow be interpreted as Anti-Semitic.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

That's such bullshit. Where am I bagging out semites ? Please list all the instances, apart from the five word caption.

So fucking sick of this sensitive pro-Jewishness when there's nothing to consider truly controversial. GET THE FUCK OVER IT, YOU ARE DELUSIONAL IF YOURE READING ANTI-SEMITE WORDS IN THE LAST FOUR PAGES.

And stop fucking painting me as something I'm not. And show me all the evidence ! ! ! ! ! !

Fucking cuntbag internet bullying is LAME. ESPECIALLY FROM THE MODERATORS ! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF

• Like 2

Are you a fucking racist against Asians for ignoring the 20 million CHINESE deaths in WW2, and thinking that 6 million jewish is more important ? Your self-serving morals are disgusting.

• Like 2

Alright guys, Psylo is no longer with us for the next 30 days. He is lucky i didnt boot him permanently. He posted his email Adress earlier so anyone interested is free to mail him in order to make shit chat about the jews. The Thread can go on now. bye Eg

• Like 7

:-/

Edited by eatfoo

*sigh*

Political correctness any?

Offensive jokes are the funniest because you know you're not meant to be laughing at them, it is an extra release of tension. I guess we have these moral structures we need to support and when we let go of our self righteousness we can be free to laugh at the unlaughable. To laugh at something because it is in bad taste, to laugh at something because it is morally abhorrent and so foreign to our way of thinking so as to be evoke a chuckle. ALL bad taste jokes work this way.

I personally believe that laughing at tragedy can be cathartic and it takes away the power that such instances have. The holocaust card has been (and will no doubt continue to be) overplayed, much like the 9/11 card is being overplayed. It seems the best way to promote violence is to say you're protecting yourself from it, a preemptive strike because an attack is the best defence, which starts the revenge cycle again.

Also the population of Israel is hardly semitic, I don't know about the Jewish populations before ww2, it's just that the catchphrase of anti-semite is especially ironic when most Israelis are not Semites and in fact the populations they've dispossessed in Palestine are the Semites, yet nobody would call the terrorist occupation of Palestine an anti-semitic act.

I find this self righteousness a bit of a moral facade, political correctness overdrive, where there was no ill-will towards Jewish people presented, just a joke made at their expense referencing a moment in history that involved them, so we can all get the reference and laugh. If Psylo wanted to be racist he would've said in the caption, "sucked in! they deserved it!"

I can't find the video online, but I remember a Family Guy skit where Peter is presenting a pitch for a comedy movie where he plays a window washer who has just finished washing the twin towers, just as he gets to the top and has a look around what does he see but a plane coming his way, you know the classic situational comedy. Now this is pretty fresh in the American psyche, I'm sure many could've chosen to be outraged, OR seen it as the diffusing of a tense situation and a return to sanity instead of the fear mongering and talks of war that moral righteousness would justify before.

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 3

Also, thanks to the OP, these are powerful life affirming images; they present the vast multiplicity of life, the apparent insignificance of the individual, they all look like identical skulls, yet you know each life was unique, each of those skulls had an experience. Powerful images for sure!

• Like 1

Also the population of Israel is hardly semitic, I don't know about the Jewish populations before ww2, it's just that the catchphrase of anti-semite is especially ironic when most Israelis are not Semites and in fact the populations they've dispossessed in Palestine are the Semites, yet nobody would call the terrorist occupation of Palestine an anti-semitic act.

+1