The Corroboree
opiumfreak

sleep

Californian poppy is the most effective that ive found so far (not opium poppy).

I have it in a tea with chamomile, passion flower and hops

use the search engine for the forums mate - this topic has been discussed many times im sure - try reading this thread

sorry bout the shitty link... i have not worked out how to hyperlink or whatever its called yet.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23047&st=0&p=238760&hl=sleep&fromsearch=1entry238760

didnt find much: valerian kava scullcap passioflower

Im gonna try maois

Edited by opiumfreak

umm .... ok then ...

than simply don't sleep for a while.

but be carefull because not sleeping for more than 3 days is dangerous to your physical and mental health.

stay awake till your eyes close themselves and have a person wake you up, everytime just 2 min after you fell asleep, and repeat.

like this you can cure insomnia, it's the only way, herbs and drugs can't heal this problem.

that's how they cure insomnia in a professional sleeplab.

maoi's will not help you at all, and i think mixing maoi's with opium is contraindicated.

maoi's can also be potentially dangerous to the uneducated - they can potentiate the affect of many different substances and have adverse reactions with many too. do your homework opiumfreak - there is no quick fix

Count sheep no shit

If you count sheep (or do something equally as boring) until you fall to sleep EVERY NIGHT after a week or two your brain gets so bored and knows that your just going to keep going until you fall asleep and it shuts itself off after a couple of minutes

It really works you just have to stick with it

Try 5htp which is sourced from griffonia simplicifolia seeds.

I have a sleeping disorder and want help sleeping which plants can help besides opium

Hi opiumfreak and welcome!

May I ask can you be more precise with your "sleeping problem"?

i.e.-Go to bed, can't sleep,don't feel tired and don't attempt,don't feel tired and lay awake etc.?

Also if you are really in need of help, then yeah be open and honest about what classes of mind altering substances you "might" take regularly.

It's a veeery difficult one and as has been mentioned above and been discussed MANY times,so UTSE too, so you can get some different angles on it.

Cheers

mesc

I have a sleeping disorder and want help sleeping which plants can help besides opium

melatonin, valerian, rose hips.

i find opium totaly useless to fight insomnia, same goes for temaze, melatonin can work wonders for some people.

imagen the difference, most doc's give you temaze if you can't sleep, and it will open up benzo hell for you, but they hardly ever give you melatonin, which is 100% non addictive and probably has zero side effects.

i could never work that one out....

thx 4 being so specific! :blush:

Edited by planthelper

think ive heard some people staying awake on melatonin and also 5htp.

like with all things there are going to be contradictions.

Exercise works well for sleep, just try the 100push up logger and do as many as you can.

how can you say in the same sentence "i find opium totaly useless to fight insomnia, same goes for temaze, melatonin can work wonders for some people" ?

does that mean opium works wonders for some people

and temazepam (temaze is the brand) works wonders for some people

and you know of melatonin for some people?

i don't get it.

and i told myself i'd stay out of this thread after spending the last 12yrs and currently still working in a sleep lab.

are you trying to say melatonin is a sleeping pill? i sincerely hope your not.

isn't it prescribed short-term to help people with sleep problems?

from memory theres no good evidence for melatonin or 5htp working for sleep problems is there?

i wouldnt recommend benzos particularly if you use opis (which may also be related to why you have trouble sleeping but cant tell without more specifics)

MAOIs dont sound like a very good option either. Perhaps low doses of some of the antipsychotics that induce drowsiness or some mirtazapine (a tetracyclic antidepressant thats a very powerful antihistamine and makes some people very drowsy). Other antihistamines might help also.

If your not a regular smoker then maybe a little cannabis tincture that you could use sublingually close to bed would be of some help? If you are then its obviously not helping you sleep at all.

Try learning some meditative techniques, starting to count up from one and try to visualise every number as you say it to yourself, might help stop your mind getting distracted. avoid computer/tv/stimulating music for half an hour before bed, if still not asleeo after half an hour + consider getting up and having something to drink or reading for 5 or 10 minutes then trying to sleep again.

I personally find soft non-specific noise helpful (like the noise from a fan), but some people like silence or some soft music, maybe see if any of that helps you... good luck and some more specifics might let us try to help you more :)

Peace

• Like 1

if all else fails - masturbate

:lol:

lol seriously i tend to sleep better after sex or just with female company :blush:

i have had insomnia for 20 years & thats the best cure i have found, natural Endorphins ( endogenous opioids ) :wink:

Edited by mac

If you are wanting (god knows why) to be taking Benzo's,I can't remember atm which Antihistamine it is, but it should never be taken with them and you would have to stop taking Opiates too or it may very well be the longest "sleep" you ever had or will get.....even Valerian can be dangerous in higher doses, so be careful with the advice of taking on combinations.

Anyway C_T's the Sleep Lab Man,so after 12 years and still working in one he should really be able to be more precise and helpful.

No, I'm not being a "know it all" or a smart-arse or having a go at anyone, I have experience and 1000's of hours of research on this topic and don't want to see someone kick the bucket from suggestions that may lead to your demise.

Why? Purely because I give a shit that's all.

Nothing to lose by taking this quiz.

The old adage is true though, Relax the Mind and the Body will follow...the reverse is also true.

Fuck the Pharma's, they are a band-aid and don't stick real well.

IME Pure Melatonin @ around 1.5-3mg taken 15 mins before going to bed can help induce sleep,but you must go and get into bed, don't wait for drowsiness as it may not occur.

Pre-recorded self-hypnosis tracks are very useful too,you should be able to find plenty online to download and try out.

Simply put it really is a choice unless you are on something,even a few beers will upset sleep onset,quality and duration....I'm guessing the Opiates are the culprit and ave run out of legs.

Best of luck!

melatonin is controlled by light, you'd have to take it earlier than 15 mins before bed. Its changes or circadian rhythm and doesnt work the night you take it, it advances it the following night.

so its not a sleeping pill. it doesn't knock you out tonight, it means you should be ready for bed earlier tomorrow night.

its prescribed for sleep timing disorders like advanced sleep phase syndrome, shift work disorder and jet lag (changing timezones)

but noteworthy: in aus its research chemical only, you need to have a compound pharmacist make it up. 3mg is about 100x more than the body produces, and is an important hormone that controlls countless other things in the body like metabolism, temperature etc etc.

are you happy to take something 100x stronger each night? what happens in 10 years if you stop and your body can't produce its own effectively anymore? we don't know because it hasn't been tested for that long yet. so just a word of caution. if your using it, use it less not more.

there's still lots of research happening, they are looking into the receptors in the brain, the analogues of melatonin controlling sleep/wake regulation, the length of activation... i'm sure in the next few years there will be a better substance that is more directed towards sleep than eg using a sledge hammer to tap a nail.

Edited by C_T