The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tripsis

Chimp shoots at soldiers for taunting it.

i reckon its a fake. someone else was shooting agun in the air. otherwise i reckon they would have shot it!

Most likely fake. Most definitely fucked that they were taunting it like that.

meh he was the one left standing waving an ak47 over his head,

• Like 1

This is clearly a promo for the upcoming planet of the apes movie. the username is apes will rise & there's a 20th century fox watermark on it.

Mycophange was on the money: Hail Zaius

Except the title is "Ape with AK-47". I've been hanging around enough witty people and racist jokes that my immediate thought upon watching it was "There's the ape with the AK, oh look he gave it to that chimpanzee!"

Then I smiled, then I felt bad for smiling.

@Incog in relation to fake, watch a video where a real AK is fired. All you need to do is listen. Even if that was silenced (which it definitely is not) the sound is so different.

I believe Myco and Muskrat have it.

@Incog in relation to fake, watch a video where a real AK is fired. All you need to do is listen. Even if that was silenced (which it definitely is not) the sound is so different.

How do you explain the recoil if it's entirely fake? It could be clever editing though I think it's a set up genuine scenario. Having fired a few Kalashnikovs & other assault rifles in my time, I would have thought a chimpanzee wouldn't have been able to maintain his hold on the weapon due to the discharge momentum, and would have at least freaked out and dropped the weapon. To speculate on how this video might have happened, the projectile (ie the tip) may have been removed from the casings, a portion of the propellant removed, then the open casing closed back over by digging the casing into a bar of soap or even wax. In the case of smaller calibres at least, the soft projectile isn't too dangerous, and will only cause a sting if you are hit. Having only done this little party trick with .22 ammo, I see no reason why it couldn't be translated to 7.62x39 rounds. And seriously, why would anyone even give a chimpanzee a correctly loaded assault rifle ?

How do you explain the recoil if it's entirely fake? It could be clever editing though I think it's a set up genuine scenario. Having fired a few Kalashnikovs & other assault rifles in my time, I would have thought a chimpanzee wouldn't have been able to maintain his hold on the weapon due to the discharge momentum, and would have at least freaked out and dropped the weapon. To speculate on how this video might have happened, the projectile (ie the tip) may have been removed from the casings, a portion of the propellant removed, then the open casing closed back over by digging the casing into a bar of soap or even wax. In the case of smaller calibres at least, the soft projectile isn't too dangerous, and will only cause a sting if you are hit. Having only done this little party trick with .22 ammo, I see no reason why it couldn't be translated to 7.62x39 rounds. And seriously, why would anyone even give a chimpanzee a correctly loaded assault rifle ?

If this is a promo for the new apes movie (which it looks like), then the scene was probably staged with a trained chimp and CGI. They gave the chimp a prop AK-47 and trained it to walk around and hold it a bit. And then in post production they overlayed the CG animation of the gun firing, the recoil, the bullets hitting the dirt and stuff.

You can tell when they insert CG in movies because the camera always pans away from the subject and comes back... or alternatively an object in the foreground moves across the subject hiding it from view momentarily. Apparently its easy to notice CG when it's overlayed directly in frame, so they make sure the camera is pointed away at some point before and after.

So everything from 0 - 27 seconds is normal footage, using a trained chimp and a prop AK-47.

Then during the 27th and 28th seconds you get the real chimp, with the gun, shoulders and torso overlayed with CG to make the recoil. You notice in that scene, the camera pans away immediately before and afterwards, to make the CGI transition seamless.

The gunshots at 25 seconds and at 30 seconds are just sound effects. And then from 30 seconds plus, it's back to the picture of a trained chimp holding a prop AK-47 in the air.

do you guys realize what youtube channel the video is from? it's for the movie Rise of Planet of the apes, if you haven't seen it, it's got some pretty amazing CGI of chimps..