The Corroboree
faustus

is there are a spell check option

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

for threads and PMs that i'm totally missing?

and not one of those americentric mother fucker spell checkers. i'm talking oxford english dictionary shizzle, cos that's what cunts here speak.

in this very same thread, i would also like to propose the banning of all reference to non-SI units of measurement. there is absolutely no acceptable basis for using this antiquated mode of measurement, unless discussing street level drug dealing.

i eagerly await the embarrassment that will ensue when someone tells me that such a spell check already exists, which would have been readily noticeable if i cared to withhold being a chat cunt for but one iota of a moment

B)

I hope the question about a spellcheck wasn't some form of humour that slid past me...

Use full editor, uppermost right button with a ABC[tick] symbol. Think you have to install it.

I will continue to describe length in feet and inches and if it causes me to be banished from the forums then I'll simply bury my sorrows in a pound of ice-cream.

I was reading a thread here the other day about temperates suitable for subs. The members were using Fahrenheit instead of Celsius. The members are in Australia so i found that odd that they were using American measurements, which made it hard for me to follow because i had to keep converting Fahrenheit to Celsius. Not a big deal really.

There is a spell checker as Alchemica said. ieSpell, But the one i have spells stuff a bit weird, and doesn't recognize some words that i am sure are real words....?? I think .The version i have is American. Its OK, it gets you by.

haha, just looking at the votes ....:lol: lol

well, at least the voting seems to be unanimous ;)

I reckon people should use whatever units they want to. But don't expect me to bother replying if it's not SI B)

Communication is about being understood, so if the 'sender' makes it harder for the 'receiver' then that's his own problem.

i consider myself to be a pretty smart guy. but cunts who know me well can attest to how totally fucking dopey at times oftentimes.

there's one time i filled a standard petrol-fuelled car with deisel fuel. this is very difficult because standard petrol and diesel nozzles have extremely different shapes.sometimes i have trouble differentiating "push" from "pull" on store door signs and the only way i can remember is from replaying in my mind that ad for that candy "push pop" where the kid says "hey, don't push me! push a push pop!".

so i've attached a screenshot of my desktop. after you've all had your laff, can someone please offer some assistance? where in the SAB forum is the spell check option? i use wordweb everyday, it's great software, but is there somethimg within the forum itself that affords me this???

2-06-20111-01-57AM.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cr_Uk0tm_hDETyJ_9zP23Q4_E04JjB37HjUSrQh1qBaZe5l0lzHUzYNwIzh3blMwqmCGz7Z-oViclDuE2QccCpU-aPguz-CdIdvnfgBKJQMN7oeKPVwlAt95IJGPOoiSaA5zPofZckYBuskmgBnitqB-xlW730vqvgSEw3l2Ok5B8ApkoixZqFv2Yt9xvdRXMgzbRMdLFXlOdIY0fmX6EkzLoW6vg%3D%3D&attredirects=0

as for the matter of using non-SI units, i never knew we had so many americans, burmese and liberians who frequent these forums -- in fact, i don't believe that i've ever spoken to a liberian in my life. if you're from that reqion of the world, i'd certainly like to hear about your day-to-day struggle in dealing with such an SI-centric world.

800px-Metrication_by_year_map.svg.png

Edited by faustus

SI units are great for day to day use, experiments, engineering etc., but Gaussian, Heaviside-Lorentz, and natural units are much more logical systems for certain areas of theoretical physics. Can we just ban Imperial systems? I would be okay with that.

. after you've all had your laff, can someone please offer some assistance? where in the SAB forum is the spell check option? i use wordweb everyday, it's great software, but is there somethimg within the forum itself that affords me this?

Your good value faustus, and yeah, thanks for the laugh. The spellcheck is in the right hand corner when you are composing a post ....An ABC with a tick, or go further up to the top of your screen and expand the TOOLS , there is the same spellchecker there.

And a note to every one.... faustus is a smart dude. LOL

Edited by Amazonian

eternaly chat.

the smartest people i know are also the stupidest people i know. strange paradox. must come with the territory of being intelligent.

i've ever spoken to a liberian in my life

i was going to suggest you try the local library, then realised just how stupid i am.

at least you get to swing between your parody

Edited by incognito

ok, so after double-checking with a fellow SABer, i'm still unable to see the spell check option.

post-157-0-64538200-1307873257_thumb.jpg

can't y'all hook a brotha up?

if you right click on a misspelleed word there should be some suggestions come up, at leat on os x it does. i remember the same this happening on xp at school not some weeks ago but maybe i was using word at the time? can't remember, i've never posted on the forum at school anyway.

Use Firefox. You can download plug-ins for various dictionaries, including an Australian and a British one.

ah yes i do use firefox on xp, maybe that was it...

Get Safari or Firefox, built in spell check. Just need to get it over to australian. (which now i read the rest of the posts is written above)

In short don't use IE just because it comes with the computer. It sucks and hogs up all your RAM, as does firefox nowadays. Safari seems to be a very efficient browser by comparison. As are most apple software packages, and computers.

I can guarantee people won't regret swapping from IW to either of the browsers i mentioned !