The Corroboree

Apparently it was an order of 18kg powdered MHRB.. the guy that got charged started a thread over on tripme.co.nz about it.

Would be ridiculous if he got sentenced for it as people sell it on trademe often.

TripMe thread

Nexus thread

Edited by centipede

I have not heard that one. No wonder it's such a highly-classed substance!

Becuse its everywhere and easy to extract, the man has to control it somehow.

• Like 1

I have not heard that one. No wonder it's such a highly-classed substance!

It can definately cause problems to health if you suffer from extreme high/low blood pressure or have a history of heart problems. This isn't from personal experience and I certainly haven't seen anyone or heard of anyone having a medically dangerous time... but I don't think i've ever been in a position to judge whether people are healthy/sick whilst taking it. I'm only going by observations Strassman did during his experiments.

People shouldn't be importing MHRB anyway.

• Like 1

I certainly haven't seen anyone or heard of anyone having a medically dangerous time...

Well it sounds like this customs' spokeswoman has - she knows her stuff! :BANGHEAD2:

The package contained 18kg of DMT, which was similar to LSD, said a Customs spokeswoman.

This was MHRB (1% DMT); a package of 1800kg? :rolleyes:

Plant matter as carrier material can be charged as the weight of the drug itself(from memory)

Who ever said our laws make sense? ...I wonder if that means a 1 litre of wine is equal to 1 litre of ethanol under the law, I've heard that one has serious health problems too!

What are the limits on personal ethanol possession?

Edited by The Dude

This was MHRB (1% DMT); a package of 1800kg? :rolleyes:

There is no requirement under the law for the authorities to test the admixture component of the drug. if you sell 1g of street quality speed that contains 90% glucose then you can still get convicted for the full gram. Ditto for botanicals, where the full weight of the material is counted.

The defence will usually argue for lower charges, but this is not always successfull, especially if no quantitative analysis was performed. People have gone to jail for possessing pure talcum powder - if the seller believes it was cocaine and if it was presented as such then that's what the charge and conviction is. In fact, you can even be charged and convicted for selling parsley, if you claimed it to be cannabis.

• Like 1

Floribunda grows in New Zealand, and I hear people over there are extracting from it over there.

NZ is very tight when it comes to "drugs"... people often can't get anything and so they often resort to "P", dodgy speed, which many people do... schoolteachers and the like.

Julian.

There is no requirement under the law for the authorities to test the admixture component of the drug.

I doubt I'll be visiting NZ in that case; I weigh over 60kg and my body is an involuntary, clandestine, DMT laboratory. :unsure:

Edited by Blood Trance Fusion
  • Like 3

"This poses a real risk to health."

Ironically, parachuting into a bull rodeo event to spread the word about 'the danger' would be legal. :BANGHEAD2:

As is rock climbing without a rope, handling highly venomous snakes, swimming with sharks, extreme sports, etc. And your idolized because it! However, taking MDMA which has proven to be safer than riding a horse (statistically)...

It's not your body, it's the governments!

• Like 1

Ironically, parachuting into a bull rodeo event to spread the word about 'the danger' would be legal. :BANGHEAD2:

Oh god don't give them more things to ban.

Soon we'll have a list of approved activies and any deviation from our pre-planned activity schedule will result in forcible expulsion from society.

As far as being caught with plant material that contains a controlled substance....

I read about someone being busted on the bluelight forums, he was found with 5kg of marijuana, 2kg of bud and 3kg of leaf and was also caught with a 18g bag of dried subs.

Apparantly the prosecuter didn't care much for the weed but tried to charge the man with carrying 18g of psilocybin. Upon reviewing pictures of the evidence the judge said there was no way the small bag of mushrooms contained over 10,000 doses, then looked at the weed and said it was all leaf the guy probably picked off the side of the road. He then lambasted the prosecutor for distorting facts and gave the guy a suspended sentence when the prosecutor was asking for the maximum penalty for trafficing a commercial quantity of drugs.

This by no means should be considered a 'well if he got away with it, so can i' sorta thing but it's at least something :)

Unfortunately i couldn't even begin to imagine where i could find this old thread again... sorry

BTW 1000 points to me for use of the word lambasted.

DMT

party drug

causes paranoia

shipped around in 4.5 million dollar quantities

smoked like meth

can be injected

that is about the truth of it huh?

you forgot a serious health risk

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28059

i got those from the other article posted in that thread

i did miss one though, narcotic

-DMT, despite being narcotic, is also a paranoia inducing party drug

-users smoke it in a glass pipe like meth or inject it

-unassisted new zealand men in their twenties can quickly become millionaires by importing it

a putrid piece of journalism.

As is rock climbing without a rope, handling highly venomous snakes, swimming with sharks, extreme sports, etc. And your idolized because it! However, taking MDMA which has proven to be safer than riding a horse (statistically)...

It's not your body, it's the governments!

The hypocrisy is sickening, isn't is? It's so convenient to use safety as an argument where it's suit the government, but not give a damn about it for other activites.

It defies belief how such utter nonsense is allowed to be published as truth. If you falsely advertise, you can be charged, but if a journalist just makes up whatever the fuck tickles their fancy, it's somehow completely acceptable, especially if it's deomonising drugs.

• Like 1

these threads are making me so fucking angry, i've long considered journalism "dead"

Can't find any name to the article.. just like the kava one if you could even call 3 paragraphs of dribble journalism and then not have the balls to attach your name etc to it :rolleyes: