The Corroboree

Tonight you walk outside alone to bask in the calm and brisk evening. While gently gazing into the stars, contemplating the days events, a tinny blue and white light moves through the sky and grasps your eye.

Your chest and torso begin to gently open as if the pores of your skin are sightly breathing light.

The blue and white point in the sky suddenly comes swiftly towards you, leaving a tail of fine geometric-patterned light behind it.

The light turns-out to be a kind of space craft. It arrives in front of you.

And then they appear. An alien life form of indescribable beauty and grace.

They are technologically, ethically and spiritually far more advanced than anything you have ever ever imagined - let alone seen. They communicate telepahically and you are %100 sure that they are extremely technologiclly, ethically and spiritually advanced -- eminating an immense form of love that you have never ever felt.

They propose, "Come with us to our lands. You will be taken in as one of us and treated with none other than the hights of respect and love [*remember, they are an ethically advanced culture]. Your fleshly body will be instantly upgraded to the latest immortal light-body that the universe has to offer. However, if you do join us you will never be able to return to Earth... Or, alternatively, we leave you here, now, and you never hear from us again".

Would you go?

If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

And if it is broke - fix it before you go and drink alien pina coladas on Rigel 7.

That is all.

• Like 1

Sounds like I wouldnt even need to get my stash before leaving...

depends, does one of them say his name is Indrid Cold?

only if they would let me take my mum and sis,the only fam i got left,would be tempting to go anyway lol

• Like 1

only the very least inquisitive people could say no to that. it wouldn't matter how ethical they seemed, i mean if they just wanted to perform horrible experiments there is a high likelihood that they wouldn't bother asking. so they aren't going to do hideous things to you, get in the space-ship already.

They are technologically, ethically and spiritually far more advanced than anything you have ever ever imagined - let alone seen. They communicate telepahically and you are %100 sure that they are extremely technologiclly, ethically and spiritually advanced -- eminating an immense form of love that you have never ever felt.

Could be a trick...

They propose, "Come with us to our lands. You will be taken in as one of us and treated with none other than the hights of respect and love [*remember, they are an ethically advanced culture]. Your fleshly body will be instantly upgraded to the latest immortal light-body that the universe has to offer. However, if you do join us you will never be able to return to Earth... Or, alternatively, we leave you here, now, and you never hear from us again".

Would you go?

Ethics mean bugger all if you can't get along with a person.

No, thanks. I'd rather die like the original alien intended. :P

Edited by synchromesh
  • Like 1

Immortals tend to have different ethical values. Think of mythical gods and whatnot.. I guess they're all allegories so the function of the stories are more important than the ethics of the characters, still, transcending life and death the dynamics of Eros and thanatos on our behaviour simply would not exist. Perhaps with their advanced ethics in their perspective of immortality the genocide of millions may be akin to picking a flower off a plant.. it will regrow anyway. And here we go again on the relativism of ethics.

Besides, who am I if not the experiences I've had and the connections I've made in my life, If I were to become as advanced as they I likely wouldn't even be able to relate to my own memories, them being so relatively primitive (like remembering childhood maybe) ... mmmm this is a good question, Is getting me thinking metaphorically, maybe these aliens are inter-dimensional obstetricians helping us through the birth canal into a new being beyond the womb of the matrix.

No i'd never willingly go as i'm a human from planet earth which is where i belong :P ¤for better or worse lol

If this is a serious question, please take me with you!

seems too easy to me.. i think to really upgrade to a higher dimensional reality (or some such thing) we really need to struggle through & truly, personally come to terms with all the heavy layers of delusion that keeps us trapped in our experience of duality..

• Like 1

Sounds like a trick to me...... Why do you think you can trust them?

• Like 1

Do you think we'd need to contract with them before they could legally abduct and experiment on us? I think anything is better than this boring reality.

I think anything is better than this boring reality.

Half empty kinda guy

thank you distracted, for not being incredibly boring :D

Sounds like a trick to me...... Why do you think you can trust them?

it's incredibly obvious; because they didn't just tractor beam your lowly ass into a laser cage before you even saw them coming. i admit, there is the possibility that their experiment requires your trust, but as if they couldn't just tweak your trust by manipulating your mind. maybe their hideous experiment requires 100% genuine trust, okay, who is really the glass half empty guy?

i'm glad you are all so attached to your lives here, because if you say no maybe they will ask me next.

space aliens are the shit, that is all.

hollywood alien movies like independence day are highly unlikely to me. if space aliens are hostile, it's game over man, game over. there is nothing we could do, any more than a piece of grass can stop your lawnmower from trimming it. this is just my opinion, but that's about how potent our military hardware and techniques would be against them, you may as well throw a lump of turf at their mothership. the movie 'day after tomorrow' was a bit more to my way of thinking. also the remake of star trek, that bad-ass played by eric bana is using a "humble mining vessel", but nothing can stop it because it's a mining vessel from the future. aliens wouldn't send their military to wipe us out, they'd send a couple of unmanned cleaning droids.

so i'd get in the damn space ship, whatever my fate it will be one hell of a trip.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the only valid excuse for me to stay behind would be if i had dependents eg children.

alabama-here-we-come.jpg?w=320&h=240

"i bring you peeaace"

(sorry, had to do it)

i wouldn't go because i'm suspicious of everyone ;-)

• Like 1

Aliens is one thing, but what we're basically talking about here is alien gods... How could you relate with something like that?

Edited by synchromesh

i kind of understand where you guys are coming from. you don't want to forsake what you've got, for something that might not be as good.

such a novel thing, as to hop in an alien spacecraft, would be too much for me to pass up. i'd give up everything to experience something so groundbreakingly novel.

What if the aliens alienated me though? :P I don't know if I'd be able to handle that...

I'd stay.

There have been certain times in my life when I might have accepted a 'cosmic ticket' outta here.

Though, really, I personally wouldn't toss all this away for anything, regardless how novel it is. Though I can feel and see the attraction!

It's interesting to use a Weberian spectrum of 'world-accepting to world-denying' to analyse peoples answers to the story.

as for the 'maybe it's a trick'... just go with it, hypothetically, that you are sure they are legit, and feel-into whether you'd go or not.

This story brings up memories of the reality upgrade episode of Futurama. In the episode bender revieves an upgrade which also upgrades his reality.

I'd rather fly on the back of an eagle to the land of pink unicorns. Probably as much chance of it happening. Love what you have, not what you want.

If it weren't for the restrictions (can't return to Earth, etc), I would definitely go.