The Corroboree
Philocacti

The life of a grafted button

I love the pics mate.

Personally i prefer the single button versions as opposed to the ones that throw heaps of pups. Much cleaner looking ! everything is so symmetrical, just how i like my... everything !

You got some really nice clear photos there as well. I would be very proud of that buttons growth in 2 years !

Well grown. Can't wait to try my hand at grafting soon. What age from seed would you recommend i attempt grafting my babies ? (don't mean to hijack the thread)

Personally i prefer the single button versions as opposed to the ones that throw heaps of pups.

Me too, but it seems my new fertilizer is causing all this vigorous pupping

What age from seed would you recommend i attempt grafting my babies ?

i graft seedlings to pereskiopsis, so you can graft from 1 week old seedlings to 4 months old seedlings

Really nice job Philo I have done a similar thing myself a while ago, hope you don't mind me posting it here ?

3092630754_1b48d7b5dd_b.jpg

3902358233_a262459fc3_b.jpg

4307566189_dbf4646ed1_b.jpg

• Like 7

Beautiful photos HN. What species is that?

Thankyou, I cannot say what it is with certainty. I planted a whole bunch of mixed seeds from around the place a few years ago and this was one of them. Looks like a Williamsii to me not sure if it's a variant or not.

thanks HN for posting these picture :) Great work

How much time did it take from the 1st picture to the last?

Now my favorite stock is T. cuzcoensis, it used to be stenocereus. T. cuzcoensis has an aggressive growth tendencies.

That last photo is beautiful Hellonasty!! A picture of fertility.

• Like 1

Philo, Time between first and last picture was almost 2 years I think. I will post a picture of the graft in its current form when the weather warms up a bit.

Quill, During summer it had 11 flowers open at the same time !

• Like 1

i must say, it's this thread which motivated me to do a lot of pedro onto echinopsis grafts.

mostly they were emergency grafts, but i even transfered some young lophs from peres to echinopsis, just in the hope to get maximum growth rate.

i hope echinopsis are just as good as stenocereus.

i got soo jealous of that beautyfull loph, so i had to try out the same thing.

just clicking this thread, today will make me graft all afternoon today, hehehe.

those pics are truly a big motivator! :)

:)

would love to see pictures man,

i never grafted on echinosis before,would like to see how it goes

I am so glad you posted an update this thread is one of my all time favorites :)

Looks like you have a heap of seeds coming did you polinate it or is it a unknown cross?

Cheers

Got

How lovely - I can't wait to smell my first Loph flower!!! Do you get many seeds from one fruit?

Hey Phillo, does the Loph in Post 29 have very fine spines? It reminds me of a Jourdaniana i once had.

#29 was H.Nastys loph. looks very jourdaniania'ish though!

I look forward to another update philo.

will the initial lophs new pups go spiral??

epic thread! thumbs up

Thats such a nice Loph mate. Hoping some of my loph to trich grafts end up like that with some twisting action.

If ya could chuck a durry next to it again next time youre taking some more stunning pics of her would be awesome. I'd love to see the growth since last year.

Cheers

If ya could chuck a durry next to it again next time youre taking some more stunning pics of her would be awesome. I'd love to see the growth since last year.

Cheers

i was thinking the same thing!!

beautifully peyote bro, as PH said, i think youve inspired a while bunch of people over the coarse of this thread and its update!! I know at least me and PH are in aww!

d00d

GOT & thed00dabies - thanks a lot, means a lot to me :)

IndianDreaming - i don't get as many seeds per pod as it is mentioned on the net, i get from 5-10 seeds per pod

EG - as flumsquid said the ones in post 29 belong to Hellonasty, but in my experience jourdanias have a purple flower, so i don't think they're jourdanias. But Hellonasty should inform us.

flumsquid thanks, about the pups i have no clue, time will tell ;)

thanks mutant

Shroomeup thanks, what's a durry? will do when i find out what it is :D

• Like 1

So cute! - looks like fat rolls blobbing all over the place... like the emperor penguins with their little babies under their fur...

• Like 1

That is a Tank! Very cool.

He/She is really starting to look mature now. I just had to go back and look through the series of photos again :wub:

It must have had a lot of flowers recently. Are you in your growing season now Philo ?

Cheers

Got