The Corroboree
santiago

Quick POLL

HE / SHE / IT  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We should all be nice to each other more often.

:)

Edited by Teotzlcoatl

I am a 22 year old male. I live in the Southern United States and my name is Teotzlcoatl and one day I will be the greatest ethnobotanist ever!

I love you Corroboree! :wub:

Technically, (and according to your very own words here at Corroboree) you're still 21. :wink:

According to your previous post, you were born Sept 30, 1989. (posted Oct 1, 2008)

But happy birthday anyway Teotz'.:P

It is my birthday soon :) Thanks!

I figured it was close enough to just say 22...

Edited by Teotzlcoatl

I think it's about time we all cut Teotz some slack, hell he's been here for over 4 years now which is a lot longer than half the people in this thread. Just look at how many people join this forum. How many of them last more than a year before they lose interest? Not many.

And I do think he contributes here, at least he actually does some research, bioassays, field trips etc, which is more than I can say for most people including myself.

Sure he could say just as much with less posts, but couldn't we all?

And unless the Corroboree is actually an online dating forum in disguise, I think Teotz's gender is of little relevance.

I felt that simply positising the above post wasn't enough. It needs to be repeated.

I think something that is often forgotten is that this forum is about learning and sharing. To me the most rewarding aspect of all this is to see so many people learn, progress and mature. And even his worst enemies would have to admit that teotz has done more learning, progressing and maturing than most. It shows that a little dedication can overcome many hurdles.

I like this thread. It probably did not go the way the OP had expected or hoped for, but that in itself is just sweet. Each time one of these teotz threads appears he gains a little more support. I remember a couple of years ago it was just incog and myself. Then a few months ago a few others joined in. Now have a look at this thread and see how liked and appreciated he is. maybe it is time for some people to progress and mature themselves. Maybe lists are the future ;)

Can't please them all.

I mean you can try, but then you'll be like busy and shit

then someone will notice that someone else's tin foil hat is a little bigger than theirs

and then it is all downhill from there

Teotz... I've lost so much respect for people who went out of their way to insult, slander and ridicule him.

I don't mean like in this thread, I mean like in regards to other threads and PMs where people were dicks to him.

It is so pathetic to get bent out of shape over some enthusiastic noob

I mean, do we really want to punish enthusiasm?

Do we really think that noobs stay noobs?

I realized a couple of years ago that some people I thought were good were actually total pieces of shit, because of how they treated Teotz online.

It is one thing to be frustrated with someone, but it is another thing to attack them over their beliefs because they are different than your own.

It is fair to voice a complaint if you have issues with someone, but it is unfair to slander and ridicule someone just because you don't agree with them.

It is funny how many people are clearly threatened by Teotz and try to deal with their insecurity through slander.

Who cares how nice a persons cactus collection is, or how well they can identify cacti, if they are worthless pieces of shit when it comes down to how they interact with enthusiastic noobs.

I won't trade with or befriend anyone like that, I recall growing to literally hate someone I had once respected, because of how they treated Teotz. That person once stated that they don't do that kind of thing to their friends, but to me anyone who does that kind of thing isn't of value as a friend.

A lot of people act like this is high school, or some popularity contest among teenagers.

Those people are immature and stupid.

Edited by Gunter

I remember a couple of years ago it was just incog and myself.

Heyyyyyyyyy. I've always been on teotz' side :blush:

• Like 1

Hahaha thanks everyone, especially those that supported me for a long time!

I've never had a problem with you Teotz, but I'm still curious who the lady was.

i never set out with any malice in this thread i just want it to be known, it didnt really go anywhere the first time round and teotz asked me to re-link it into another conversation so i obliged. it was more of a spore of the moment thread after i read the wiki because the very possibility of an "it" got my tripping brain working overtime in a good way and i believe this has been a positive result for everybody.

This thread seemed funny, not malicious, at least to me.

I agree, and I think that - despite the flak that Teotz tends to cop - he has a good sense of humour about it. Besides, he did start the whole gender enigma thing, and I think it would be unreasonable to expect people not to run with it.

i started it i thought? i was the one who referred to him as my asian girlfriend?

I thought he claimed to be a woman from the beginning :scratchhead:

na.

I'm pretty sure Incog's correct, I remember reading it all unfold. Then the confusion began. Gee thanks Incog, how much time have we wasted discussing this because you have a thing for Asian shemales :rolleyes:

• Like 1

LOL... I never understand why anyone cared???

i cant believe u guys persist in discussing teotz? infatuated i think?

Haha for real!

I get discussed more than a lot of the obscure ethnobotanicals!

• Like 1

i cant believe u guys persist in discussing teotz? infatuated i think?

thats the funniest post of the lot incognito, you post that as you cant help persisting in discussing teotz.:)

• Like 2

this is insane.

• Like 1

God bless you Teotzlcoatl, and your cold robot heart :wink:

• Like 1

Haha for real!

I get discussed more than a lot of the obscure ethnobotanicals!

That should have been a poll option "obscure ethnobotanical"

I thought it was funny how suddenly when incog referred to him as his asian girlfriend the interest in teotz skyrocketed. And you wonder why most women on this forum hide the fact that they are, LOL.

• Like 1

Haha that is very true Torsten.

You guys are a bunch of ethno-pervs! :)

That should have been a poll option "obscure ethnobotanical"

Haha, yeah, there should have!