The Corroboree
ubza_1234

don't cha hate it when..

^ oh man, that's always heart-breaking. People who don't garden don't realize the kind of attachment you have to these things that you raise and nurture and put so much effort into. And then for some bird or some drunken housemate or some giant hailstone to destroy it in the blink of an eye is always a bit jarring.

• Like 2

So true... I've saved them from the brink of death so many times... these are the first cactus seeds I ever sowed so they're very special to me! I have 3 left - so I guess it just makes those 3 more special.

• Like 1

you still havent watched the last episode of Breaking Bad and they start fucking talking about an alternate ending spoiling a vital detail... :BANGHEAD2:

don't cha hate it when you get something in your eye and you can't get it out and it fucks up your whole eye for hours you can't move it you can't open your eye lid and you have to hold your eye with pressure to prevent even the slightest movement, i'm pretty sure the french have a word for that feeling when something gets stuck in your eye and you can't get it out, it's not quite pain, not really itchy but god it's horrible

don't you hate it when you're waiting on a record and everyone decides to sell it a week before release date with no fucking announcement, fuck

fmflf

when you sell the few bitcoins you mined thinking that a certain website being raided was key to their success and within a few weeks they are worth nearly 10 times the price...

Don't cha hate it when you're on the bus and think you see a friend of yours who lives in another city.. After realising that its not her, it suddenly hits you how much you miss that little blonde bombshell :( ..and then you realise that the majority of your favourite people all live in other cities now :(

• Like 1

Don't cha hate it when golden orb spiders build webs like they run the joint? I swear they're running some kind of ongoing practical joke to see who can web me in the face the most

• Like 2

Dont cha hate it when you start an account at a site and forget you had one already. lol :slap:

Don't cha hate it when you get on your garden gloves and your having a good time and just when you get shit er I mean manure all over your gloves one or more really serious little fly's go for your eyes and your nose and you can't swat for fear of getting yuk upside yer face or worse HaHaHaHa :uzi:

Don't cha hate it when you fill out a questionnaire to find out which specific people and which specific situations trigger your social anxiety, and after ticking every single box you realize that more or less every conceivable social situation makes you anxious. Drats :unsure:

Sorry that sounded a bit patronising!

- don't cha hate it when you've been interacting with children so much you're forgetting how to talk to adults like a sane person!

Get into the herbal teas Gman, skullcap, chamomile, lemon balm, passionflower, they are all gooood for you.

Edited by Ceres

That's okay, I thought it was sweet of you to say actually, and not condescending...I'm just a bit of a downer atm otherwise I probably would have made some indication as such

Don't cha hate it when: you feel so inescapably trapped in life that you have a panic attack. Really not my day/week/month/year/decade/century/life atm...but as a semi-wise man once said "life's a bitch and then you die, that's why we get high"

:bong:

Aw man, it really isn't your day/week(I'll leave it there) is it? But tomorrow is a new day.

I ended up reading through this thread a while back and there's some really interesting ideas/advice related to anxiety and panic attacks and some pretty damn heart-warming words, I would check it out if you're in the mood.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32139&hl=%2Bpanic+%2Battacks

Dchiw: You're out admiring your plants, you notice new growth! In your excitement you bend down for a closer look and gouge your eye out on a bamboo stake...

• Like 2

DCHIW the water off your doorstep looks like this:

post-560-0-09195200-1385503730_thumb.jpg

And you're up for your 7th consecutive day of marking exams!

PB271774.JPG

PB271774.JPG

• Like 1

Don't cha hate it when you have a girl in your room and she looks through all your books and sees your self-help social anxiety books and it makes you look like a nutcase. Who would have thought a book about social anxiety would bring MORE awkwardness into my life lol

• Like 3

Don't cha hate it when you drive out to the farm to grab some free horse manure for the garden from the kind people giving it away and as you're getting something out of the boot of the car you absent mindedly set the keys down then shut the boot only to discover that in the meantime your little dog inside the car has stepped on the auto door lock button and you're screwed!!! So you stand there trying to coax the little dog over from one side of the car to the other in the hopes that it will step on the lock button again - to no avail. THEN you realize you didn't bring your mobile phone. FRAK!

But you do love it when a cute girl working around the farm who is clearly amused by my actions and efforts offers you her mobile phone to call the RAA and they come out and after some hassles get the boot open!!

DCHIW you get booked for jaywalking! i mean really? i'd be angry & somewhat offended by the audacity of such a blatant first world joke if it wasn't so pathetically amusing..

i will almost never wait at pedestrian lights unless it's clearly the most practical course of action. i find it insulting to my basic human intelligence to stand there like a tool,waiting for a machine to tell you what to do when theres no danger what so ever to stop you walking across the road. it's those moments when i see someone standing at a crossing with not a car for miles, waiting for the light to go green that i get that irrepressible twinge of deep disappointment for what my own species has become.

• Like 3

^ YES. I feel your pain. One time in Melbourne I went to jaywalk and a cop stopped me and made me wait a whole 'nother set of lights for "being disrespectful". He said if I didn't wait he'd book me. It's pretty stupid hey.

DCHIW some random bird breaks into your propagation area and savages a tray of cacti seedlings that you've doted on for months...and to add insult to injury it didn't even seem to eat anything, it just wanted to trash stuff. It also knocked over my sweet potato cuttings that were striking :uzi:

That sucks Paradox!

Yick yuck eww fuck.

I just found out something pretty horrible.

*shivers*

Don't cha hate it when you hear very disturbing information about someone you know!

Just found out someone who is very well known NZ outdoor party scene is a registered rapist, which combined with my own experiences and observations of his predatory behaviour, pretty much confirms the countless stories of him taking advantage of wasted girls.

Please remember to keep your friends safe this summer! It's not all love, sunshine and happiness, every subculture attracts a wide spectrum of personalities.

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

Don't you hate it when... you think the fuel tank that powers your generators which powers your house and work H.Q is 1000L but is actually 800L and that extra day you thought you had to refuel the tank is actually a day too late.

Don't you hate it when... all your power goes off in your house and office in the middle of the cricket in the middle of the day when it's 40 degrees and when you had the distinct thought earlier that "it would be good to fill the tank up today".

Don't you hate it when... the fuel bowser that pumps from the bulk storage tanks to fill the tank that fuels the generators only operates if the power is on!

Don't you hate it when... you have to siphon fuel from your car's supplementary tank to fill the tank that fuels the generators that powers the bowser that fills the tank that fuels the generators that provide power to your house, and it's stinking bloody hot and by now the cricket is over cause you're 2 1/2 hours behind Adelaide time.

• Like 1

Don't cha hate it when...you get your work lingo mixed up with your cactus lingo. On the roster at work, sometimes you get marked as TBC, which means that shift is 'to be confirmed' , so when my fellow workers ask if i am working on such and such a day, i tell them i have a TBM ....... instead of a TBC, they just look at me.

Other terminology i got mixed up when i first started at this job was 'DND' , which means 'do not disturb', so when i heard my co workers say "that room has a DND" , i thought there was a drunk and disorderly person in the motel room?! lol.

• Like 2

Don't cha hate it when your housemates are always just there? You know what I mean? Like they're constantly clogging up the joint with their presence, getting in the way, getting in your grill etc.

Like, they can't just clean the bathroom. Noooo. That would be far too simple and wouldn't take enough time. Instead they have to occupy the bathroom and all adjacent rooms to varying degrees for 3 bloody hours while they rearrange everything and install a new shelf. And then at the end of it the bathroom's not even that bloody clean..*facepalm*

Or how it takes them and their partner (who doesn't even live here) 2.5 hours of occupying all the space in the (large) kitchen to make and eat dinner. FFS. I can make dinner in about 15-20 minutes using a small amount of bench space and one burner on the stove. And maybe 5 of those minutes will be me actually standing in the kitchen.

I think the problem is half that I live with anti-utilitarian simpletons who flounder about life getting in everybody's way, and half that I generally despise a lack of ample and un-intruded personal space. My personal space bubble is much larger than most people's bubble. I know that I have to tolerate intrusions otherwise I probably wouldn't leave my room (occasionally I don't). But it still irks me having to put off using the kitchen or the bathroom or what have you because of people who are always just there.

Edited by gtarman

Don't cha hate it when those scumbag flyer-people ignore the "NO JUNK MAIL" sign on letterboxes? I just found out that 8 billion catalogues (not counting other junk mail) are sent out in Australia each and every year. And only 20% of that ever gets read.

That means that 6.4 billion catalogues are being produced and going straight to landfill or ending up as litter. Apparently those 8 billion catalogues produced annually have the same carbon footprint as 2.8 million cars. Not to think of all the trees they're killing and the resources they're wasting. It's an absolute disgrace.

• Like 1