The Corroboree
J Smith

Consultation on implementation of model drug schedules for Commonwealth serious drug offences

every single pharamcy in Austrlia

is gonna spew chunks if these new lawas come in.

They just dont want ti and will make evryones job muc harder.

Scheduling shitloads of extra drugs to make everyones life harder.

Has anyone let the pharmacy guild know?

I reckon theres some or other body that could fax out to every pharmacy

and get submissions from every chemist in the country.

Please,

someone who knows someone.. make the call!

Im gonna get some details tomorrow and suggest

a rapid nationwide revolt :)

The guest list has changed:

Guests

Peter Mouatt

Research Associate in Plant Science, Southern Cross University

Dr Anthony Kachenko

National Environmental & Technical Policy Manager Nursery and Garden Industry Australia

Professor Ian Leader-Elliott

Adjunct Professor, School of Law, University of South Australia

Dr Christian Narkowicz

School of Pharmacy, University of Tasmania

Geoff Munro

Director Policy, Australian Drug Foundation

I'm not sure where Munro will come from, so it might be worth a quick background check and preparation to counter any lobbyist ideology. The ADF's mission statement doesn't sound too promising:

What we stand for

Vision

Healthy People, Strong Communities

Mission

Working together to prevent alcohol and other drug problems in communities

Principles

* Our core interest is alcohol and other drugs

* We aim to prevent harm caused by alcohol and other drugs

* We educate and motivate Australians to prevent alcohol and other drug-related harm, particularly aiming at those aged under 30 years

* Our work is effective because it is based on sound evidence

* We are proudly independent and not-for-profit

* We seek partnerships and alliances to help us minimise alcohol and other drug harm

And Munro's bio soundly awfully right-wing... I'm more than a little worried that he has an ideological drug hammer, and that every substance that he sees will look to him (and his organisation) like a drug nail. I'm hoping that their apparent focus on alcohol indicates that they are mostly concerned about the very real problems associated with drinking, but the hint of the abstinence fervour of tee-totallers rings alarm bells for me.

Anyway, I am now just about completely without my voice, so it seems that I might miss out on both my seminar and the chance to 'phone in. I hope that others are able to catch the glossings-over that might come from someof the guests, or from government stiffs calling in.

Jeez, WoodDragon, what did you expect? That they'd only have guests on the program which are against the proposal?

Strong debate has the potential to push the fence sitters either way. Let's hope he's a fanatic and pushes a heap of them pro plants. It's not going to make much difference to the hard core pro plants or against as they have already made up their minds.

Know your opponent!!!

Edited by rahli

Maybe the quickest way to roll this is to join the peoples revolt and over throw this government...it is gaining momentum...get on board or pay for nothing....

CANBERRA - the big one!

Date: 23 March

Time: 12:00pm

Register/more info: Click here for the facebook group or go to http://www.nocarbontaxrally.com/

MELBOURNE

Date: 12 March

Time: 9:30am for 10:00am start

Location: Julia Gillard's Electorate Office, 6 Synnot Street Werribee, Vic

Email: [email protected]

Register/more info: Click here

Time: 10:30am

SYDNEY

Date: 2 April

BRISBANE

ADELAIDE

Email: [email protected]

PERTH

Register on Facebook: Click here

Maybe the quickest way to roll this is to join the peoples revolt and over throw this government...it is gaining momentum...get on board or pay for nothing....

okay i have a couple of questions

1) why the fuck would we want to stop the carbon tax? that's fucking retarded.

2) what the fuck does this have to do with the plant legislation?

3) why are you trying to hijack this thread?

i also have a very important question that IS relevant, for people in the know like torsten; the deadline is friday. this much is clear. but what time? midnight on thursday night? i still haven't written my submission because i'm chronically lazy, and i don't want to miss it.

EDIT: i would like to apologise to hutch for the above hostility, and to everyone else for ironically allowing the thread to go off topic by questioning whether the thread was on topic. hutch: i disagree strongly with your views and have anger management issues, especially when behind a forcefield (computer monitor). i am interested in having a reasoned discussion on this issue in another thread, where it is appropriate. again i am sorry, and like peter obrien offending tom cruise i will now step back over the line.

Edited by frank

i also have a very important question that IS relevant, for people in the know like torsten; the deadline is friday. this much is clear. but what time? midnight on thursday night? i still haven't written my submission because i'm chronically lazy, and i don't want to miss it.

These things used to relate to the last mail delivery, so if your letter wasn't posted in a way to be delivered with the mail on friday then you're out. However since this is also accepted by email things are a little unclear.

To be on the safe side I'd go with 'close of business' ie 4pm [it's government!]. But probably it is actually anything that arrives on that day, ie when they get back on monday they'll just cut off anything after midnight presumably.

okay i have a couple of questions

1) why the fuck would we want to stop the carbon tax? that's fucking retarded.

2) what the fuck does this have to do with the plant legislation?

3) why are you trying to hijack this thread?

DER DER and DER......

1) only a retard would except that a tax would solve anything but load the government coffers....

2) throw the government out you may fuck with their legislation......

3) I'm not, just giving those who ain't so retarded other options.....

Why would anybody want to start a carbon tax? thats fucking retarded.

I ended up staying at home instead of attending the seminar I was supposed to be at, and I tried to phone in, but had no luck in that department.

I certainly owe Geoff Munro an apology for my scepticism about his position. He was very reasoned about this, and I doubt that I could have scripted him better myself if I tried. There were few comments at all that really bothered me, in fact. Overall, I was very pleased with the discussion considering how it might have panned out.

It certainly made the federal bureaucrats who put it together look like the ignorami that they are.

Edited by WoodDragon

I ended up staying at home instead of attending the seminar I was supposed to be at, and I tried to phone in, but had no luck in that department.

I certainly owe Geoff Munro an apology for my scepticism about his position. He was very reasoned about this, and I doubt that I could have scripted him better myself if I tried. There were few comments at all that really bothered me, in fact. Overall, I was very pleased with the discussion considering how it might have panned out.

It certainly made the federal bureaucrats who put it together look like the ignorami that they are.

Great result....

has anyone recorded the radio show? or is it online somewhere?

i missed it.. not in the right time zone

I did the same just go to the ABC site aus talks and you can listen to it there

Cheers

Got

Was any of the callers from here? I did cringe slightly when a caller was confessing that he and a thousand others ingest these plants/substances. But this later worked in our favor, as it was stated that there had been no deaths or anything reported in the media or something along those lines anyway ( well that's the way i heard it). The poisons report was interesting, mushrooms being the top of the list (non psilocybe ,I would imagine).

Link Edited by ballzac

amazonian, I would have been happier if the discussion did not touch on USE of these plants at all. After all, the justification for these laws is that they are being used. Keep their use obscure and the justification remains obscure - but obviously vice versa applies too.

I am glad such coherent people rang up. Greg's confession was pretty good as it set a responsible tone and it wasn't a major aspect of the discussion. the pharmacologist was useless - geez, how can you screw up so badly if you're the professional in that field! mulga was obviously a bit nervous cos he kept going off on tangents and not finding his way back in time, but no worse than most of us would have done. The law prof was great cos he treated the proposal with the ridicule it deserves. he did miss the bigger picture about 'simple possession' though which was to be expected. the nursery industry guy was spot on. probably also a bit nervous at times, but he made all the right points and kept the discussion on a non-drug track.

What pissed me off the most was probably how the presenter cut off the cactus association guy from WA. That was a really important and substantial point he was making and the presenter didn't even give him a chance. Stupid thing is that the cactus guy actually answered the question both mulga and the nursery guy were asked but never got back to from their tangents. The presenter just didn't recognise that.

Comments on the abc RN forums were on google within minutes, so this seems a good way to spread the discussion to a wider audience. pity it got a bit hijacked by anti-WOD crusaders .

telemetric, hutch, etc - this thread is one of the top google search results on this issue. I think the people who are putting so much effort into this topic would appreciate it if it wasn't hijacked. we're not all going to agree on all political issues, but I think most in this thread agree that the proposal is wrong. let's keep focussed on the proposal please. You've got plenty of other threads going with those other discussions. I am asking nicely. Feek free to start other threads if you need to get this stuff off your chest but please do not derail this one just because it provides a bigger audience.

anti-WOD ?? what does this mean.

and yeah the presenter earlier admitting this was the first time he'd heard about this just dismisses the cacti guy at the end as a nerd basically and he retreats to bogan ignorance.

telemetric, hutch, etc - this thread is one of the top google search results on this issue. I think the people who are putting so much effort into this topic would appreciate it if it wasn't hijacked. we're not all going to agree on all political issues, but I think most in this thread agree that the proposal is wrong. let's keep focussed on the proposal please. You've got plenty of other threads going with those other discussions. I am asking nicely. Feek free to start other threads if you need to get this stuff off your chest but please do not derail this one just because it provides a bigger audience.

sorry, is that better ?

(i edited the post)

amazonian, I would have been happier if the discussion did not touch on USE of these plants at all.

Me too ,as i said, I did cringe slightly when a caller was confessing that he and a thousand others ingest these plants/substances.

It went pretty well though. I was prepared expected a heated debate . I was interested in what the Cactus association guy had to say also, but yeah, he was cut off all too soon. I wonder how many callers there were that didn't get the air time.

Edited by Amazonian

biggrin.gif These are the 2 biggest causes closest to my heart......would not toppling this government make a difference to both these causes?

Don't be scared of what the majority want....we rule!!!! Well we once did....