The Corroboree
J Smith

Consultation on implementation of model drug schedules for Commonwealth serious drug offences

How's this?

post-1298-0-06685800-1298381919_thumb.jp

newflyer7.jpg

newflyer7.jpg

nice work ballzac, looking good, though it might be a bit late i'd also include succulents and grasses

It does look good, but there's not much time left for people to act on it. Better than nothing I suppose.

still a bit over 2 weeks. there is still plenty more publicity to come and I think whatever helps the number of submissions is a good thing.

Looks good printed off. Great teamwork guys.

Edit: Actually, the text loks a little compromised, but i dont know if it is my crapy printer. I will still use a few. Thanks.

Edited by Amazonian

It looks okay to me on A4, but it wouldn't be able to go much larger.

I went back to a few nurseries today to see if any tear off strips had been removed from the posters that i had previously put up. Out of 8 posters, five were completely gone, One had no tear of strips left and the other two, were only missing a few. Maybe we should target letterboxes of houses with nice big gardens?

I went back to a few nurseries today to see if any tear off strips had been removed from the posters that i had previously put up. Out of 8 posters, five were completely gone, One had no tear of strips left and the other two, were only missing a few. Maybe we should target letterboxes of houses with nice big gardens?

thats totally excellent news

That's great Amazonian. Perhaps I need to find a printer with coloured ink.

Done. I also improved the resolution. It should blow up to A3 without a problem if anyone was inclined to do that. I had to start from scratch to do that though, so it's not identical to the last one. Also, please check for spelling mistakes as I typed it out again.

I can't upload it here because the file size is too large, so I've put it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VKUAC268

^ The text is much clearer now. I will print some of those for the Royal Botanical Gardens. Tripsis, black only is fine, better than nothing ,hey!?

And i am not sure if you guys understood what i was saying about going back to the nurseries. When i said that '5 were completely gone', i meant the whole thing. So i don't know they had their full benefit. With the others, i felt relieved that it hadn't been a total waste of time. I am doing this for the plants you know, not for us, well, maybe a little bit for us. :)

Honestly, I don't think the plants could care less. They're not the ones who will be going to jail :wink:

Honestly, I don't think the plants could care less. They're not the ones who will be going to jail :wink:

some species may well become extinct though. some of the highest DMT carrier acacias are also the most endangered [even moreso than A.phlebophylla].

Yes. Sorry, it was a pretty pointless attempt at smartarseness. Still, I'm hoping that those who are trying to propagate endangered species flout the laws if they come into effect. Do you know if there are any institutions that are performing these tasks? They are the ones who will not be able to afford to continue. If most of the work is being done by amateur enthusiasts, then the plants might be saved...at potential expense of the freedom of the people doing the work.

Would it be worth raising the issue of financial compensation for businesses & individuals who might have to destroy stock/ collections etc?

that's great amazonian. so what if somebody took the whole poster instead of just a strip. maybe they put it somewhere better, or at least one person got the message. i just hope they didn't tear it down in disagreement!!

thanks again ballzac for your efforts. A3 it is. i live in an excellent area to spread these around, people will be very interested, as i'm sure the visitors to mt coot-tha and various nurseries will be. i intend to hand write some extra info on some of them. i think it's a nice touch and i want to drive a few more points home.

Pin them up at university unions and bus-stops, guys.

You should have a sympathetic audience there...

[Edit:

If anyone's near Southern Cross Uni, don't forget to go up the hill and cover the Complementary Medicine buildings - there should be scores of students and staff there who'd be up for submitting - if they don't already know about it.]

Edited by WoodDragon

Think I'm gonna have to not put anymore work into my submission. I read through what I've done and made sure I fixed up any spelling/grammar errors and made sure sections were complete enough to make sense. I'm pretty happy with it in general, but would have like to have more references and perhaps a longer discussion at the end.

Realistically though, to take the kind of approach I've taken, one could literally write a PhD thesis on this. It's not something that I think I would ever feel covered every point and referenced everything thoroughly unless I spend a year on it.

You've done far more than most ballzac.

You have put in an enormous effort but don't go too over board on it ballzac.

Bureaucrats love to bury us in paperwork but it doesn't work both ways, as a rule if you give them a document of more than a score of pages they will just skim a few bits out & ignore the rest "in the interests of time efficiency", now there's an oxymoron for ya :slap: .

Sometimes (within reason) less is more.

You've done far more than most ballzac.

That's because he's got the ballzac to get the job done. :P