The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
migraineur

Perth Meet (January) 2011

Hey guys,

This was brought up in another thread but I thought it would be a good idea for it to have its own.

There was talk of having a meet on Sunday January the 9th on the South Perth foreshore. Are there any Perth users who will be attending?

If this date does not suit too many people then we could always try to schedule it for the following Sunday which is the 16th.

Let's see what we can get together.

• Like 1

Jan 9th works for me, and for as long as I'm on study break so does almost anytime. Was keeping an eye on the WA trades thread waiting for a date confirmation, but I guess it makes sense to start a meet-specific thread. Looking forward to meeting some of the local scene.

Peace,

Uda

Sounds good, I'm free for either date. Nothing to trade, but looking forward to meeting people from SAB f2f for the first time!

sound good thanks migraineur for starting a perth meet up day thread any date is good for me really cause i usually just go with the flow and see what happens i neva really plan anything so i should be able to make it as long as somthing else doesnt come up during now and then.

Edited by aussiejwerta

looks like a few of ya's are working then. how about saturday 22nd january??? it would be nice to find a shady park not so open

Im out of the 9th and 22nd, spew. Avail 16th, or the 30th. If i miss it i miss it... But if im there awesome :-)

my vote goes for 16th, i might go for a drive around south perth and look for handy carpark spots, other than that ill bring a hat a brolly and usual spot, no guarantees it will be super hot anyway...but it prolly will be. migaineur ill pm ya with a south perth suggestion if possible otherwise the usual spot might be the safest bet.

Yeah I'm also good for any of those dates mate! The 16th sounds like it's gonna be the lucky number! :)

B_T.. still haven't received the Pach dude.. Maybe it'll be easiest to just bring it to the meet? lol :P

Yeah, the 16th sounds good to me also. I remember someone else saying that he could not make it on the 9th but by the looks of it the 16th seems like a safe bet.

Could someone please tell me what 'the usual spot' is if South Perth is not reasonable. There is plenty of parking around there as there are multiple car parks and the ferry goes there from the city and there should be buses etc.

Yeah I'm also good for any of those dates mate! The 16th sounds like it's gonna be the lucky number! :)

B_T.. still haven't received the Pach dude.. Maybe it'll be easiest to just bring it to the meet? lol :P

its in the mail dude. being christmas and all will be there this week, id say wednesday/thursday..

ps the usual spot is in thornlie. ill go for a drive today and find a nice shady (as in trees :P not dodgy) park around south perth/ como

Edited by B_T

There is plenty of parking around there as there are multiple car parks and the ferry goes there from the city and there should be buses etc.

yeah thats my point. bit to public. i hate random people coming over to ask about my plants/cacti.

yeah thats my point. bit to public. i hate random people coming over to ask about my plants/cacti.

+1 this, I definitely prefer a relatively private location... and yeh, some nice big trees at this time of year!

The effort so far is appreciated guys!

and for anyone relying on public transport and worried about getting there I could pick up from a train station on the way there, just let me know.

Edited by .:illegal:brain:.

16th sounds good, right before i leave for rainbow serpent festival :)

im gunna need to catch the train and junk what traino could u meet me at .:illegal:brain:.?

Hey guys,

This was brought up in another thread but I thought it would be a good idea for it to have its own.

There was talk of having a meet on Sunday January the 9th on the South Perth foreshore. Are there any Perth users who will be attending?

If this date does not suit too many people then we could always try to schedule it for the following Sunday which is the 16th.

Let's see what we can get together.

I would love to attend, but i will be in cambodia for all of Jan.

Goodluck to all that attend, i hope it can become an anual event

im gunna need to catch the train and junk what traino could u meet me at .:illegal:brain:.?

PM'd you man

There's an oval on sangate at, sth Perth, or the one on manning Rd near karawara? I'll await the place, looking fwd to it and meeting new crew :-D

so whats going on??? should i jump in and organize it?

Yes, as you are a member who has done this before then I think that is a good idea. Give me details and I will be there.

Would be much appreciated B_T, let me know if there is anything I can do.

alright it seems everyone is cool for the 16th? now where is fenris and occtdentalis?

Edited by B_T

Nooooo Im going to be a stooge I cant see me making it on the 16th chances of getting a pass out on my misses birthday is nil :(

All you married guys will know what i mean.

Maybe I could duck out for a hour and bring the kids so she can have some time to her self. :innocent_n:

Ok what time is it going to be so I can plant the seeds of my cunning plan

Cheers

Got

its gonna be at 2:00pm. alright its all sorted.

hope you can make it GOT. it can be done :wink:

Edited by B_T