The Corroboree
nabraxas

drug busts

IT was codenamed Strike Force Domino and, oh, how they fell.

Police say six drug distribution networks have been brought down.

Headed by the State Crime Command’s Organised Crime Targeting Squad with assistance from the NSW Crime Commission, police commenced executing warrants in homes and businesses at 6am.

By the end of the day, police had seized 16.7 kilograms of prohibited drugs, 29kg of precursor chemicals, 5848 tabs of LSD, and 30 cannabis plants, as well as four firearms and 600 rounds of ammunition.

Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione said the drugs seized up until late yesterday held a total street value of $9 million.

More than $14 million worth of assets has also been seized, including real estate, luxury motor vehicles and a helicopter.

A total of 29 people were arrested allegedly involved in the large commercial manufacture and supply of illicit drugs including cocaine, amphetamines and LSD.

“It’s one of the largest single operations ever conducted by the State Crime Command,” Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione said.

He said alleged criminals he hunted in his police days were among those arrested.

“A number of the people who were arrested were people I started working on 30 years ago when I started working in the police force.”

“These people have been around a long time,” he said.

The statewide operation was 13 months in the planning.

It was so extensive it required NSW Police Minister Michael Daley to authorise a one-off

$1.7 million grant to fund it.

Police issued a list of those arrested, ranging from the most senior to the most junior players.

A 34-year-old Kogarah man and a 56-year-old Campsie man were among the biggest fish netted in the raids.

Others arrested were from Cronulla, Dolans Bay, Greenacre, Sylvania, Sans Souci, Bexley, Rockdale, Matraville, Eastlakes, Newtown, Darlinghurst, Bond Junction, Denham Court, Stanmore and Earlwood.

They were also from Concord, Manly, McMasters Beach, Sawtell, Gosford, Brighton Le Sands and Casula.

Two more people were arrested in Western Australia by local police. Those arrested ranged in age from 66 to 24.

They were allegedly involved in the operation of six linked drug syndicates, manufacturing, importing and selling drugs.

“We’re talking about distribution networks that work in your neighbourhoods and in your streets,” Detective Superintendent Mick Plotecki said.

Det Supt Plotecki said some of those arrested reacted in surprising ways when police arrived on Wednesday.

“Some of them . . . reacted probably in ways we hadn’t anticipated considering their reputations,” he said.

http://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/story/2010/12/09/drug-coffs-crime/

http://caperteevalleyalliance.blogspot.com/

edit to say: you might have to scroll down if you have a look at the link i posted to see the relevance. cheers

Edited by kindness

5848 tabs of LSD...i found that interesting, i didn't think there was any LSD around anymore.

In recent years it really has made a big comeback, you would be surprised how much is around, even in the club scene in Sydney

5848 tabs of LSD...i found that interesting, i didn't think there was any LSD around anymore.

but then you're one of those "today's stuff doesn't compare" types :P

all i can offer is that two drops is generally enough to smoosh my consciousness into new reality and genuinely question the truth of existence.

liquid ey, havent come across that around here yet. Good to know its about :)

i'd love to experience some of the similar RC's because, you know, i have no way of knowing for sure that i've ever taken acid, i like to think i have no way of knowing for sure what any chemical has been. i guess the same would be true if i got my hands on 2cb and so forth, so i'd never be able to say "well 2cb and so forth were quite different therefore the liquid and tabs were definitely lsd all along".

I know what your getting at but, youll certainly know if you`ve taken DOI or DOB! Same with the 2cX... But yeah youll at least know that youve taken something different :P

I read somewhere it took 500 AFP to arrest 29 people. Seems efficient.

I read somewhere it took 500 AFP to arrest 29 people. Seems efficient.

I wouldn't be surprised. It took 600 Victorian officers 18 months to nail 43 Vietnamese growers and distributors. 'Efficient' is not an adjective for the drug war.

I wouldn't be surprised. It took 600 Victorian officers 18 months to nail 43 Vietnamese growers and distributors. 'Efficient' is not an adjective for the drug war.

As with most legislation the objective is PR, to reassure their masters they are doing a good job & to scare the populous into towing the line.

They don't have anywhere near the resources to actually police the laws already on the books, its fear that keeps people compliant.

• Like 1

'16.7 kilograms of prohibited drugs'?

Why can't they say what drugs made up that 16.7kg?

What was the one on the radio i heard today 90kg of ice ? & half a mil in cash :blink:

i wonder what the real weight was or if he was done in weight of chems etc..

Edited by mac

As with most legislation the objective is PR, to reassure their masters they are doing a good job & to scare the populous into towing the line.

They don't have anywhere near the resources to actually police the laws already on the books, its fear that keeps people compliant.

Fuck lot of good it did the brumby govt.

Head adviser to Brumby, Um er, i know, lets bust up all these allegal viet refos growing dope"

Brumby, "Er yes? dope.what's that?"

Aweek later, brumby's gone.

all i can offer is that two drops is generally enough to smoosh my consciousness into new reality and genuinely question the truth of existence.

But oh 4 is so much better....