The Corroboree
Yeti101

US Government Censors 70 Websites

The US is really ramping up its war on intellectual property infringement, a war which I'm sure will be just as successful, cheap and supported by the people as the wars on drugs and terrorism. The US has started seizing the domain names of various websites through ICANN - not because owners of these sites were convicted of anything, but merely because complaints have been filed against them. Anyone want to take a guess how long it will be before the US government blocks WikiLeaks? Update: The blocks function outside of the US too. In other words, the US is forcing its views upon the rest of the world once again.
More here: http://www.osnews.com/story/24074/US_Government_Censors_70_Websites

whats the usa trying to do ? control the world ?

all events , issues , problerms , wars all caused by the usa.

usa needs to be wiped off the map in terms of political power and give people back there freedom and libberty.

we living through scary times indeed.

We will find a way around them, as we always have.

They probably think that's a good start... Land of the free indeed.

all events , issues , problerms , wars all caused by the usa.

usa needs to be wiped off the map in terms of political power and give people back there freedom and libberty.

we living through scary times indeed.

I have to agree there is too much meddling in international events from US interests, but to say they are the sole cause of all the worlds woes is simplifying things a bit.

I think it's been obvious for quite a while that they are trying to control the world.

The only way people get their liberty and freedom back is to take them back and contrary to popular belief it doesn't have to be by force.

Several south American countries have made good ground in that direction with Bolivia being a good example, but I can't see it happening here any time soon.

We're addicted to the stockmarket and decisions have to be compatible with the market over here, no matter how wrong they are.

Common sense has been replaced by a market mentality, people and the earth don't figure in those equations, just the bottom line.

yep the prediction many many years ago with the internet will be that eventually it will be two seperate entities, one will be the censored internet and the other will be the illegal internet (freedom of information)

just think of it as this example..........the controlled censored internet will be like buying beer and cigarettes, the uncontrolled internet will be like buying pot and speed, risky and unregulated but also attached somewhat to personal liberties and freedom.

disclaimer- i do not recommend the intake of any drugs especially the legal ones.

Edited by santiago

yep the prediction many many years ago with the internet will be that eventually it will be two seperate entities, one will be the censored internet and the other will be the illegal internet (freedom of information)

just think of it as this example..........the controlled censored internet will be like buying beer and cigarettes, the uncontrolled internet will be like buying pot and speed, risky and unregulated but also attached somewhat to personal liberties and freedom.

disclaimer- i do not recommend the intake of any drugs especially the legal ones.

Soon all we'll be able to do on the the internet is download the Sound of Music and watch a live feed of people lining up to kiss Obama's arse.

There was talk on TV last night about the latest wikileaks and they inferred that we (Australia) will be taking taking preventative action (censoring) the leaks in the name of national security. As I said they only inferred it, but we all know they're being told what to do by the US.

Hillary Clinton was ranting about the leaks being the actions of terrorists.

It seems being honest is now an act of terrorism.

Killing innocent women and kids is cool, but telling people that haven't heard about it is terrorism.

It seems being honest is now an act of terrorism.

Killing innocent women and kids is cool, but telling people that haven't heard about it is terrorism

Like it! Too true...

The number I heard was 82 sites [1]

Thank god the department of homeland security was established to protect us against those terrorist activities such as selling counterfeit sunglasses and handbags. Whats next, will some crazed fanatic rush into some federal building and traumatize innocent civilians by wearing counterfeit jeans!?! The swine.

Note that since the USA has the root servers they can block the DNS lookup for any website on earth, but thats not the same as blocking the sites. Many websites can be accessed with their IP addresses.

http://62.149.24.66

I foresee a service like TOR (or possibly freenet, et al.) constructing an uncensorable encrypted DNS cache for use on the unencrypted web if the pentagon gets too out of control with this censorship foolishness... assuming one doesnt exist already.