The Corroboree
synchromesh

Best ways to get rid of a cold?

vitamin c is a fallacy to preventing colds however it will lessen the duration from 7 days to 3 days

echinacea from the first day of the cold lessens the duration too.

if it's the type ov cold where your nose is running like a tap & you're a smoker or prone to lung infections, then it's important to dry it out & prevent the infection reaching your cheast...pseudoephedrine can be a life saver.

When I first feel one coming on I will have a big bowl of chili chicken soup.

As spicy as I can bare it. It seriously flushes the head and reduces the length by a few days I think. I am positive it stopped a cold from developing completely once, probably just caught it early enough or wasn't particularly bad in the first place.

Fresh Calamus root also flushes my head in a similar way without the sweat.

When I first feel one coming on I will have a big bowl of chili chicken soup.

yum that sounds amazing! yeah I find chilli's to be useful in flushing the head when sick too. i would just crush up fresh chilli's and toss over dinner. lots of garlic and ginger too.

the local organic store here sells an anti-viral tincture that seems to work well. it contains echinacea, licorice and astragalus and a few others that skip my mind.

go swimming at the beach and get plenty of fresh air!

you know that nasty, itchy irritated throat feeling or similar when you are first noticing a cold? as annoying as that is already, there is some nasty fucken nasal spray you can buy which can actually stop the cold developing if you get it at that very early stage. first defense i think it's called, it's in no way pleasant but neither is a cold.

Colliodial silver is dynamite! I recently got the worst cold/flu i have ever had, just wouldnt budge . I ended up squirting silver up each nostril with my head back and then gargled peroxide to kill whatever was causing the sore throat. Not as much fun as chilli chicken soup but it worked.

1 Soda Bi-carbonate Soda Bi carb

2 MMS, If you can handle the taste of chlorine MMS

Colliodial silver is dynamite! I recently got the worst cold/flu i have ever had, just wouldnt budge . I ended up squirting silver up each nostril with my head back and then gargled peroxide to kill whatever was causing the sore throat. Not as much fun as chilli chicken soup but it worked.

hahah that is f**kin hardcore dude! I like it! Squirtin silver and gargling peroxide, that'll kill the bastards! hehe

A neti pot can help to clean out any mucous from your sinus cavity and dry out a runny nose too.

put a lemon on the table, drink straight scotch until you can no longer see the lemon. go to bed.

• Like 3

The common cold requires a host. The most sure fire way of getting rid of a cold is to eliminate the host.

Though I don't recommend you do this at home kids!!!

• Like 1

:lol: Thanks for the great replies everyone. I just picked up the following:

Hydrogen Peroxide

Neti Pot

Sodium Bicarbonate

Now I just need to go pick up a Mexican pizza, and I should be set. :wink:

Hot hot hot chilli chicken soup, shitloads of screwdrivers with fresh OJ. Works a treat.

Jeez... you wanna watch out for this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria

Anyway, I'd do exactly the same but replace the silver for saline and the peroxide for an iodine gargle (which, in reality, is probably just as likely to cause some sort of weird long-term effect as snorting silver is, but... hey).

Good on ya though, Blowng, for thinking outside the box, I guess.

Edited by Rabaelthazar

Historically, colloidal silver, a liquid suspension of microscopic silver particles, was also used as an internal medication to treat a variety of diseases. In the 1940s they were discontinued due to both the development of safe and effective modern antibiotics and concern about argyria and other side effects of silver products.

:lol: Crappy Wikipedia aside, Colloidal Silver is excellent...

Colloidal silver news, articles and information

I've actually been taking some Iodide capsules, but that's all. The Iodine solution I've got is being saved for a nukey day. :P

gargled peroxide

if that's too hardcore for you, a gargle ov soluble aspirin will soothe a sore throat, throwing some garlic into the mix wouldn't hurt & will keep others at a safe distance so they wont catch it.

Edited by nabraxas

Cayenne added water can be used to gargle with, to cure sore throats.

The capsaicin in cayenne pepper stimulates secretions, which helps to clear the mucus from nose and lungs by clearing the sinuses and causing sweating. Cayenne pepper added tea is good for colds and flu.

Cayenne Pepper is the King of Herbs

One of the lulzier threads in SAB, both informative and humourous, well done! !!!!

Thanks babs. :)

EDIT: Oh, you're a pain in the arse, faustus! My message was meant for mutant, but now it looks like it was meant for you! :slap::P

Edited by synchromesh

Those who catch the flu are pussies that didn't vaccine themselves.

Next time do exactly what the WHO tells you.