The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

I had an encounter with what i think was a yowie!

Id have to stay (relatively) straight though in those situations. But i love the desert or that kind of outback. Open space and no humans is the thing that Iggy POP attributes to remaining thin and healthy lol and Id like to agree.

I totally agree - there is a lot of SOMETHING in the Australian landscape - ive been to some amazing places around the world, but there are places up in the desert that had a 'resonance' that no other place ive ever been to has. Maybe a few spots on the hills in mexico, but Yulara is a totally strange area of the world.

its such a pity that our culture is pretty much either a jingo aussie bogan, chop it down and use it for coin or stay in the city and drink lattes and buy a flat screen kinds of mentalities. Overseas so many cultures - the states in particular - have extreme respect for their natural environments. We have this amazing, almost wasted spaces. Look at Tasmania - so many people havent been there but its a paradise...

As an example Siquoia nat park, Yosemite and redwood nat park were all full of tourists, but Styx Valley was still until very recently in danger of being chopped down to fund an industry that has not been profitable in twenty years to keep some uneducated redneck wanker in a job for another year for political point scoring :)

Anyway i wandered...

Men in black - have you read any John Keel Books?? Awesome stuff - Cosmic tricksters. I tend to agree with his opinion on paranormal activity,.

Min Min lights are a good example. My old man saw those with his twin brother years ago. he is a straight up bloke but he was gob-smacked... Up in some very flat 'desolate' country in western QLD

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

I totally agree - there is a lot of SOMETHING in the Australian landscape - ive been to some amazing places around the world, but there are places up in the desert that had a 'resonance' that no other place ive ever been to has.

Ozzy is a truly amazing country!

I like you zen get overwhelming feelings of amazement (completely strait just for the record) coming out to the ground, and more so in certain places... special special land!

its such a pity that our culture is pretty much either a jingo aussie bogan, chop it down and use it for coin or stay in the city and drink lattes and buy a flat screen kinds of mentalities. Overseas so many cultures - the states in particular - have extreme respect for their natural environments. We have this amazing, almost wasted spaces. Look at Tasmania - so many people havent been there but its a paradise...

Why the fuck aye?

Hopefully we will all wake up!

fuken aye whos up? thats me, hillbilly and the one whos pants are quite fancy.

id prefer no guns. we can just sacrifice hillbilly.

id prefer no guns. we can just sacrifice hillbilly.

lol

Can we put him in a dress and tie him to a tree, just to make sure sir Yowie grabs the right sacrifice? I don't want Hillbilly changing his mind at the last minute and outrunning me.

• Like 1

why boy, that's a mighty fine mouth you got there!

i think his natural aroma will, and evidently does, attract any yowies in sight.

hillbillys get the yowies juices flowing.

apparently cryin like a baby attracts em too. if i have a yowie encounter flashback that'll be me for sure LOL.

I know this thread is as dead as disco but someone posted this thread recently...

Just outta curiosity did the Yowie Camp happen? Results?

RF

I just can’t believe so many grown adults would take this delusional crap seriously. Probably represents a good reason why some people should not be using alcohol & psychedelics.

What you heard was clearly some kind of macropod defending its young or territory, they make the thudding sound with their foot when threatened or when challenging. Anyone who actually does spend much time out bush would be well aware of this sound.

I know this thread was written a long time ago, but I hope your off the grog or whatever and have gotten your shit together now hillbilly.

Edited by jabez

There are things in the bush that do not care for us to see them.....

My 2 cents.

• Like 3

I just can’t believe so many grown adults would take this delusional crap seriously. Probably represents a good reason why some people should not be using alcohol & psychedelics.

What you heard was clearly some kind of macropod defending its young or territory, they make the thudding sound with their foot when threatened or when challenging. Anyone who actually does spend much time out bush would be well aware of this sound.

I know this thread was written a long time ago, but I hope your off the grog or whatever and have gotten your shit together now hillbilly.

pfft, for someone who has an *aboriginal proverb* about as your signature, I'd question the validity of your negative post.

Anyone who has had anything to do with Aboriginal culture would know that things exist in the bush and alot of stuff happens that is unable to be explained away by science, and that shit happens whether you want to believe in it or not.

Seriously though, just because you *don't believe*, it doesn't meant that it *isn't possible*, and deriding someones personal experiences is just offensive IMO.

• Like 3

umm yowie camp turned into a very much munted camp.

• Like 1

pfft, for someone who has an *aboriginal proverb* about as your signature, I'd question the validity of your negative post.

Anyone who has had anything to do with Aboriginal culture would know that things exist in the bush and alot of stuff happens that is unable to be explained away by science, and that shit happens whether you want to believe in it or not.

Seriously though, just because you *don't believe*, it doesn't meant that it *isn't possible*, and deriding someones personal experiences is just offensive IMO.

Just because there’s a lot of aspects to the aboriginal culture I respect, doesn’t mean I’m obligated to think there any less capable of having some ridiculous & delusional beliefs, just like a lot of Christian white people.

I mean what makes some aboriginals beliefs in the supernatural any more superior than some western religion?

Fact is, I’ve camped out bush in basically every region in Australia (except cape york), usually spending months on my own in each region, which is more than the majority of aboriginals who have these traditional beliefs have done. Basically, I can tell you for a fact that there is nothing out there that can’t be explained with simple logic. I’ve heard sounds and thought I’d seen heaps of shit that seemed supernatural, but if you properly investigate it there’s always a logical explanation. Fuck, I shat myself when I first heard that thudding sound coming from the bush, but I investigated it and found out it was just a wallaby.

Whether we are talking about dreamtime myths or dumb arse bible stories, it just aggravates me that so many grown adults are feebleminded enough to take it seriously. Believing in myths and fairy tales is usually always the cause of most the human created death & misery in the world.

Edited by jabez

Jabez, i have to say that i have to say i have been around quite alot. This was no macropod, if you had been stood next to me you would be a believer too. I have also camped all over Australia and all over the world. this was not anything that is easily explained

I find your post quite disrespectful toward me, you have never met me and know nothing of me at all. But you choose to judge me and discount what happened.

• Like 4

Jabez, i have to say that i have to say i have been around quite alot. This was no macropod,

Yet it made the exact same thudding sound as a macropod would make, what’s up with that?

Also, why would I need to meet you to realize how ridiculous it was to claim you had an encounter with a mythical dreamtime creature, just because you heard some branch snap and a macropod type thudding coming from the bush?

Fact is, if you really had of spent that much time in the bush, then you would have not considered that thudding sound abnormal. It’s extremely common to hear that sound in the exact same pattern as you explained it. lol, it’s just kangaroos or wallabies!

Anyway, wasn’t necessarily having a go at you personally, it just makes me extremely angry that it’s considered socially acceptable for adults to believe in the supernatural, when there has simply never been anything in the history of man kind that could be considered as evidence of the supernatural and when these stupid delusional beliefs have caused so much ignorance and suffering in the world.

but I hope your off the grog or whatever and have gotten your shit together now hillbilly.

Not having a go personally?

I think i will continue to believe in what i know happened. Your validation is not needed for me. However i think maybe you would benefit from opening your mind a little, there is more to this world that what is written down.

• Like 4

I think i will continue to believe in what i know happened.

That's the joke though, there's not one single aspect to your story that would indicate anything else but some kind of macropod.

However i think maybe you would benefit from opening your mind a little

You mean I should drink more alcohol and let my mind go wild with childish thoughts everytime I get a little spooked

there is more to this world that what is written down.

WTF does what is written down have anything to do with anything? Though, I would argue that the majority of what is written by people is complete BS.

You mean I should drink more alcohol and let my mind go wild with childish thoughts everytime I get a little spooked

Seems like you have some kind of issue with alcohol and yowies LOL.

• Like 1

i think maybe you would benefit from opening your mind a little,

There seems to be confusion from time to times as to what constitutes being 'open minded'. Believing in myth & folklore, despite an overwhelming absense of evidence is quite the opposite to 'open minded'. if people insist on this sort of justification for being unable to discern factual reality from fantasy, then what's to stop you from believing me when I tell you that I have a pitch-perfect burgundy Iguana that I call Reginald who sings show-tunes in exchange for parboiled spatchcock eggs?

it has probably been covered in the thread though i'm not going to check..... generally when an australian talks about "yowies" they mean a hairy man, a big foot. there's nothing supernatural about that. if you can't welcome the possibility that there is a marginalised but living species of hominid unknown to science, among the hundreds of thousands (or more?) of species that scientists estimate exist but have not yet documented, then you're the one who is deluded. deluded about the extent of human knowledge.

hairy men aside, i've had many experiences which i couldn't understand and could hardly believe happened. sometimes there is a rational explanation as you say. a mad man sees what he sees! i reckon we must all have momentary lapses of clarity, and anyway, what is clarity to one man is blindness to another.

take a friendly pill jabez. hillbilly saying he saw a yowie isn't the same as 'death to the infidels'.