The Corroboree
Sheather

Music recommendations

I found these guys, which I now adore.

They only have 2 songs up at the moment, they can be found here.

{steampunk, clockwork, stories}

http://clockworkquartet.com/music.php

What say you, folks? Share your good music, preferably with a bit of tagging to give a general idea what they are.

nice!

heres a few artists that are extremely inspiring to myself.

and

Peace!

fyde.

i have a feeling there are many of these threads but what the hell....

Brian Eno and Robert Fripp- No Pussyfooting (1973)

A beautiful album of two improvised tracks. Using analouge tape loops, guitar and primitive synthesizers this is ambient, thick and twisty, windy, melty music.

Brian Eno's solo albums are also worth checking out 'Another Green World' in particular.

Robert Fripp's work in King Crimson is worth noting too especially:

'The Court of the Crimson King'

'Red' (a major influence on Tool).

Eno also did a cracker of a track with David Bowie entitled 'Subterraneans' - probably my favourite track (ambient) of all time.

Check out a song called Space is the place by irresistable Force - its super old but its an awesome little track.

I said it in the folk thread and I'll say it here John Martyn's album SOLID AIR I have had it for over two years and listen to it in it's entirety at least twice a week the title track was written about his friend Nick Drake who is well worth checking out

Interesting Brian Eno was brought up.. He did an album with John Cale that had this particular track on it I love -

If you like reggae, Horace Andy's solo work prior to joining Massive Attack is pretty awesome. Also fond of Barrington Levy, my favourite track his being

If you're keen on some interesting electronic stuff maybe look into Flying Lotus if you haven't heard any before. Or some smooth hip hop production check out J Dilla.

the new tetrameth album "the eclectic benevolence" is amazing and full of psychedelic samples (albert hofmann, aldous huxley... and joe rogan asking us to join his DMT cult). check out the album preview here.

went to the album launch on the weekend, awesome stuff. is progressive psytrance and is more musical and dynamic than most trance music, so even those not into electronic music might like it.

also zenon is an aussie label so support our local musicians!

Edited by kalika

that was funny. sad and funny and in some cases true, sad but true, but funny.

the new tetrameth album "the eclectic benevolence" is amazing and full of psychedelic samples (albert hofmann, aldous huxley... and joe rogan asking us to join his DMT cult). check out the album preview here.

went to the album launch on the weekend, awesome stuff. is progressive psytrance and is more musical and dynamic than most trance music, so even those not into electronic music might like it.

also zenon is an aussie label so support our local musicians!

That's some good shit. Funny thing is, I went to work tonight and the guy I work with is a psy dj. I asked him if he liked tetrameth, and he says "Pete? Yea, he's a good bloke. He was over at mine last night havin a sesh!"

"Pete? Yea, he's a good bloke. He was over at mine last night havin a sesh!"

haha nice one - gotta love the psy community! :shroomer::bong::wub:

I went to all of that effort, and nobody even mentions my post. Fuck a duck...

:P

If I must :P....

Big ups to Interpol, Mogwai and DCD.

For now,

Asian percussion, strings, Karin from The Knife, opera singers, Charles Darwin themed 11 minute opus.

Totally immersive music that still gives me goose bumps on the 50th play.