The Corroboree
kadakuda

Anyone have these books?

well i tried looking for the books to buy, but some were $1500+ yikes. i like hard copies, but books that are out of print i have no problem downloading as they are not selling them anymore. some of these are out of print, others not..

anyone have these, or access to these and able to scan a few pages? or trade/email a pdf...etc. i can buy them if they are not too expensive....but $200+ per book i cant afford right now.

Medicinal and Poisonous Plants of Southern and Eastern Africa

by Watt, John Mitchell and Breyer-Brandwijk, Maria Gerdina

1962 2nd ed. just need pages 514-520...but whole book would be awesome!

African Ethnobotany: Poisons and Drugs: Chemistry, Pharmacology, Toxicology

By H. D. Neuwinger (St. Leon-Rot, Germany). Chapman & Hall, Weinheim

Ethnopharmacology of medicinal plants, Asia and the Pacific

by Christophe Wiart

Medicinal plants in tropical West Africa

by Bep Oliver-Bever

edit-just found this one at a good price if anyone else is interested: http://www.prota.co.ke/en/publications-a-resources/publications/cat_view/42-commodity-group-handbooks

peace :)

Edited by kadakuda

I just want them ! :drool2:

I don't have the book you mention but I do have a book you may find interesting.

Gemsbok Bean & Kalahari truffle - Tradional plant use by Jul'hoansi in North-Eastern Namibia by Arno Leffers

can be an interesting read but quite limited detail.

there some interesting

heffa, thanks for the link, that site has some real jewels...i just placed an order for a few books, we will find out how good they are soon :)

Alchemica, thanks for the link but it wont load for me...i get this:

"Object label badly formatted"

watertrade. what kind of platns are mentioned? sounds interesting

Edited by kadakuda

Nice Alchemica, is that your private file stash or is that public, is there a DL limit or can I grab all of them?

The Coffee one is fab.

kadakuda - works fine for me, try right clicking the link, "Save target as" (or "Save link as") and then opening in Adobe Reader 9 (9.0.0)

AndyAmine - not my collection but it's been open to the public for some time so there shouldn't be too many problems grabbing anything of interest, in theory...

Oh right, sorry, I didnt mean ALL of it, I meant the ones in that particular folder like the coffee book etc.. haha.,

Wicked resource, I didnt realise it was so big.

got my first order from http://www.bookdepository.co.uk shouldn't order things when drunk as i ordered a few books, all separately and now they are coming one by one :(

anyway these guys are great. good prices, shipping cost nothing, and the books are good.

the one i got today was medical plants of south africa. decent book. not very detailed but a nice read and nice pics, and i always enjoy a new hardcover to flip through on the john....worth the $40 if your itching to spend it :) has a few things others here may be into like weed, catha, datura, dagga etc...but nothing fancy or in depth...

That was quick :)

Good to hear you got at least one of the titles you were looking for, i'll be keen to hear about the others you got.

yes, i am happy with this company. no hassles, just order, pay fast delivery and get the book...not much better than that...oh, the prices are pretty good as well...thanks for the link :) though a couple they say check abe books, and back to high prices :( cant win em all.

how much is a first edition of "Plants of the Gods" worth BTW? I found one in pretty good condition at a 2nd hand bookstore with a slightly rippped coverpiece - got it for $1.

how much is a first edition of "Plants of the Gods" worth BTW? I found one in pretty good condition at a 2nd hand bookstore with a slightly rippped coverpiece - got it for $1.

wau, what a score.

i don't know what it's worth, but 1st edition is always more precious than the later editions.

this book, got me into ethnobotany, like many of us.

but guess what, this book was highly promoted by libraries in my birthcountry austria, but in oz it was suddenly illegal.

no right to knowledge in australia.

shouldn't order things when drunk as i ordered a few books, all separately and now they are coming one by one :(

I ordered 3 from Heffa's link & wasn't drunk...LOL....they arrived in a few short days....

the West African book, native american medicinal plants, and one about how indians use wild plants for medicine, food & crafts.

how do you like them? we should post what we think about the different ones we get so others know if they are worth it or not.

you got this one?

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/search?searchTerm=Medicinal+plants+in+tropical+West+Africa+&search=search

i did as well, arrived last week. To be perfectly honest i am not that find of it. its layout is annoying to me, they lay it out by medicinal use rather than botanical name. guess thats ok for doctors and such, but annoying to me lol. Also no good index...only a botanical name index. but if you want to look up a non plant word you SOL. There is some decent info, good bibliography...but not worth the $ in my opinion...mmm maybe worth the money, only $38...but still.

Kada, i remembered this thread for a while but was away from home on checking out da bookshelf I have "medicinal plants in tropical west africa" by bep oliver bever, I can help you out with some photocopies whichever you need. got the book for free from a friend who works at a uni and they were "chucking them out". Also scored "Medicinal plants of papua new guinea, Part 1: morobe province", Ellen woodley, eds. if anyone wants some info from that. also was given in the same deal some notes from a symposium on the medicinal plants of africa quite an interesting read has vanished temporarily amidst the many surfaces upon which items are placed strategically in my house.

Micro