The Corroboree
Chiral

Rahli needs our love and good vibes

All the best buddy, I'm pushin em out as hard as I can.....be strong.

Hutch

All the best rahli.

lots of love headed your way.

am hoping it works out fine, and you both sound strong and positive about this, so im sure it will.

Cheers, Obtuse.

Things are looking up and continuing to head in the right direction.

Thanks everyone for your kind support and positive thoughts.

The future is looking bright.

Great news.

My wife gave birth to our son on Tuesday and he seems just fine, all be it a little small being 5 weeks early.

Already felt the weight of the Earth before even laying eyes on it. A strong soul indeed.

Congratulations to you and your wife now that your bundle of joy has arrived.

Awesome news man! Truely awesome. :wub::wub:

cheers

Congrats Rahli,

Hope your wife is doing well aswell.

What an important child, to make it through such difficulty. He made it because he was meant to be here and I know you'll love him like nothing else.

All the best.

Great news.

My wife gave birth to our son on Tuesday and he seems just fine, all be it a little small being 5 weeks early.

Already felt the weight of the Earth before even laying eyes on it. A strong soul indeed.

5 weeks early huh, he couldn't wait to meet his mum and dad. A precious bundle of joy.

Ya know something, Babies make me all gooey.

Missed this thread :angry:

Been in a similar circumstance, not as dire as yours had the potential to be but heart wrenching none the less. Bad bad place to be. So easy for negativity and hopelessness to overwhelm. Keep strong and think positive, never give up hope.

Thinking of and hoping for you and yours, with lots a lovey dovey positive feelings comin your way :)

Harry

Mate that's awesome news!

Congratulations :)

Thanks guys for all your well wishes.

He decided to bail 5 weeks early on his own steam. Mustn't have like the soup served to him. Seems that 35 weeks is the stage of development that fetuses can start swallowing and breathing on their own. Looks like he chose the earliest possible time to arrive while still avoiding unnecessary complications.

He is the biggest baby in the special care nursery by far and is working his way out of there in leaps and bounds by the day.

Not only has he dealt with 4 doses of cancer destroying chemo drugs he was initially threatened with termination for the first few days because the doctors couldn't do all the standard tests when my wife was first diagnosed. Turns out they just used ultrasound to see what was going on around him.

The only reason he is still here is because my wife was in such a critical state that she was unable to deliver him at 23 weeks, certain death for him and greatly increased chance of death for her. It also turns out that 23 weeks is the latest possible time they can perform a termination where I live. The timing of these events, though seeming dire is the only reason he is with us. Had my wife been diagnosed earlier when she first started showing symptoms, which were misdiagnose as a difficult pregnancy, he would have faced termination. It turns out that chemo in the first trimester causes too many developmental deformities and the pregnancy is terminated. At 23 weeks he was well into the second trimester and getting close to the third, the weight gain period, where the threat is he wouldn't grow. Growth scans tracked him right on as expected weight and he was born 2.39kg with a length of 48cm.

Champion!!!

We will find out in a couple of weeks how the doctors plan to treat my wife and she faces the possibility of a stem cell transplant and being relocated to the other side of the country, but for now we are celebrating the arrival of our new, though yet to be confirmed, healthy son.

Thanks again for all your well wishes and positive thoughts. It has stayed him in good stead.