The Corroboree
hutch

The first poem you ever wrote

The haiku competition reminded me that I once enjoyed writing. The first thing I remember ever writing was:

Fire fire pass me by

Fire fire do not cry

Though your flames are well outspread

Fire fire you'll soon be dead

Which I wrote at state school in about 1971 which was put in a time capsule that was supposed to be opened in 2000...never heard anything about it and I checked it out a few years back and the school doesn't even exist anymore.

Do you remember your first works?

Hutch

I really appreciate you sharing your first poem. I have no idea what my first one was, given that it would have been about 20 years ago...but I can remember one ditty I came up with back then, it's never left my mind for some strange reason:

Fuck the cunt

who went on the boar hunt

he shot them all

they fell to the floor

and now cabbages don't grow in China.

LOL don't you reckon, bad AND surreal! :)

I really appreciate you sharing your first poem. I have no idea what my first one was, given that it would have been about 20 years ago...but I can remember one ditty I came up with back then, it's never left my mind for some strange reason:

Fuck the cunt

who went on the boar hunt

he shot them all

they fell to the floor

and now cabbages don't grow in China.

LOL don't you reckon, bad AND surreal! :)

I like....that last line just makes it... :P

hutch, do ya remember where the time capsule was buried????

here is one of the only ones i can remember, bored 16yo in class.....

boil the meanies the meanies blue,

drink the water just dont spew

half an hour then youll click

whoa what the fuck im on a trip.

lame i know :P

here is another one but im not sure if its right, only my sister ever seems to remember it as it was on her fridge door for a year or two

sing and scream she said

like some delicate purple summer

the pain i manipulate

is their last whisper.

somethin like that, from the crazed mind of a burned out meth freak.

I think the first poem I ever got told was Ant, it goes like this

Ants

Adam

Had'em

I think it is also one of the shortes poems ever and my GM used to always say it to me, along with a tongue twister which was "good blood, bad blood' now you try and say that ten times fast.

hutch, do ya remember where the time capsule was buried????

here is one of the only ones i can remember, bored 16yo in class.....

boil the meanies the meanies blue,

drink the water just dont spew

half an hour then youll click

whoa what the fuck im on a trip.

lame i know :P

here is another one but im not sure if its right, only my sister ever seems to remember it as it was on her fridge door for a year or two

sing and scream she said

like some delicate purple summer

the pain i manipulate

is their last whisper.

somethin like that, from the crazed mind of a burned out meth freak.

I only remember it being on school grounds. We were the first pupils to go through that school....now its shut and is a housing estate in frankston vic...

When I was 16 I had no idea what a meanie was

I think the first poem I ever got told was Ant, it goes like this

Ants

Adam

Had'em

I think it is also one of the shortes poems ever and my GM used to always say it to me, along with a tongue twister which was "good blood, bad blood' now you try and say that ten times fast.

Can't even get it out twice before my tongue trips over itself..

an oldy but a goodie...

I'm not a fig plucker

I'm a fig pluckers son

and I'm gunna pluck figs

till the fig plucker comes

10 times fast....

Thanks for sharing...

^^^ ( No animals were harmed or injured in any way during this ditty)

I thought it was ..

I'm not a pheasant plucker,

I'm a pheasant plucker's son.

I'm only plucking pheasants

'till the pheasant plucker comes ???

Edited by Amazonian

^^^ ( No animals were harmed or injured in any way during this ditty)

I thought it was ..

I'm not a pheasant plucker,

I'm a pheasant plucker's son.

I'm only plucking pheasants

'till the pheasant plucker comes ???

We are vegetarians :lol:

We are vegetarians biggrin.gif

Ditto.

Hot snot and boogie pie ,

all wrapped up in a dead dogs eye.

Eat it hot and drink it quick,

wash it down with a cold cup of sick.

Not my poem ,but loved it as a kid.

damn i loved poetry when i was 15-16..too bad i got rid of my stuff as it was all self hating but here is a few that i found..

2009:

ON a GOOD day It will start to rain....as the CLeanses the earth and washes away pain...i sit there and say... welll what a lovely day.... no sun out to play.... wEird in a way...BUt im here To stay......

2009:

WEll I SuPPOSe I GOTTA TAke iT ALL aND JUST EMBRACE thIS FALL...STAND UP PROUD...STAND UP TALL...NO NEED FOR YOU AT ALL...You MAy KEep ME WArm AT NIght BUt IN tHE END....i FINd MySElF IN nEEd OF A JUmpEr...ANothER BLAnkeT.....NO nEED FOR You AND mE....

Newest...Aimed At Ex Gf

its a secret game of hide and seek.. ill keep my feelings in the dark till your lightness once again steals my breathe.take me back to you, back to the days id smile to the days it was worthwhile waking up or even getting a job , im a bum on the dole yeah i fucking know this but you cant judge me cause im a Break ya fucking Jaw You Fucking Petty Whore When Your Bleeding On the Floor And you Wish You didnt do the nasty things you did.. I feel like eating your face and screaming Down the Place Roooooooaaaaaaaaar Bitch) Im gonna Drill This Hard And Fast, There is no escape there is no time to debate when you see my face im gonna give chase ruining your life......Run Scared Like a Dog With your Tail Between your legs..i wasted my love ive wasted my pain...it was once a gain not it all just helping me build my fame..

:P -

CHILLAX MAX...i know all the facts about your big macs and all them rats runnning around with a blood covered baseball bats...

From My Graff Days

...hmmmm im forgeting your name in my claim to fame..just to free to tame...just pass on the blame..you'll end up in flames....Day time fine, night time crime. Trouble with a capital T, wondering when we will be......WHen does solitary end and reailty begin?....im the graph paper kid....mad math skilll bit.....with that old school shit...flippin the lyrics like a frieght...with a can full off Paint..

hope you guys like em

Peter, Peter, crumpet eater

had a wife but couldn't eat her.

Way down in her underwear

a filthy, rancid pong, beware!

There surely must be crumpet sweeter

than my dear beloved Rita.

With all my love, I could not eat her.

Peter, Peter crumpet eater.

I was a late comer to this sort of stuff. Mainly because I hated school. So it wasn't till I left and started finding stuff that actually interested me that I revisited creative writing. This is the 1st one I have record of.

May 4th, 1993

Aphrodite, you are my guide

Flesh, you are the temple

Through the ritual I become

Through the ritual we copulate

Forming rapturous lights of Anima and Animus

I am One

Neither Animua or Animus

I am both

sounds like the beatles song Lovely Rita

I'm pretty sure my dad used to sing that in the truck when I was a kid...ahh the memories this is bringing back...

Ditto.

Hot snot and boogie pie ,

all wrapped up in a dead dogs eye.

Eat it hot and drink it quick,

wash it down with a cold cup of sick.

Not my poem ,but loved it as a kid.

I loved it too....I wonder how long some of these have been around...

damn i loved poetry when i was 15-16..too bad i got rid of my stuff as it was all self hating but here is a few that i found..

2009:

ON a GOOD day It will start to rain....as the CLeanses the earth and washes away pain...i sit there and say... welll what a lovely day.... no sun out to play.... wEird in a way...BUt im here To stay......

2009:

WEll I SuPPOSe I GOTTA TAke iT ALL aND JUST EMBRACE thIS FALL...STAND UP PROUD...STAND UP TALL...NO NEED FOR YOU AT ALL...You MAy KEep ME WArm AT NIght BUt IN tHE END....i FINd MySElF IN nEEd OF A JUmpEr...ANothER BLAnkeT.....NO nEED FOR You AND mE....

Newest...Aimed At Ex Gf

its a secret game of hide and seek.. ill keep my feelings in the dark till your lightness once again steals my breathe.take me back to you, back to the days id smile to the days it was worthwhile waking up or even getting a job , im a bum on the dole yeah i fucking know this but you cant judge me cause im a Break ya fucking Jaw You Fucking Petty Whore When Your Bleeding On the Floor And you Wish You didnt do the nasty things you did.. I feel like eating your face and screaming Down the Place Roooooooaaaaaaaaar Bitch) Im gonna Drill This Hard And Fast, There is no escape there is no time to debate when you see my face im gonna give chase ruining your life......Run Scared Like a Dog With your Tail Between your legs..i wasted my love ive wasted my pain...it was once a gain not it all just helping me build my fame..

:P -

CHILLAX MAX...i know all the facts about your big macs and all them rats runnning around with a blood covered baseball bats...

From My Graff Days

...hmmmm im forgeting your name in my claim to fame..just to free to tame...just pass on the blame..you'll end up in flames....Day time fine, night time crime. Trouble with a capital T, wondering when we will be......WHen does solitary end and reailty begin?....im the graph paper kid....mad math skilll bit.....with that old school shit...flippin the lyrics like a frieght...with a can full off Paint..

hope you guys like em

I'm feelin ya anger..... :lol:

I was a late comer to this sort of stuff. Mainly because I hated school. So it wasn't till I left and started finding stuff that actually interested me that I revisited creative writing. This is the 1st one I have record of.

May 4th, 1993

Aphrodite, you are my guide

Flesh, you are the temple

Through the ritual I become

Through the ritual we copulate

Forming rapturous lights of Anima and Animus

I am One

Neither Animua or Animus

I am both

Very nice....the power of words..cut you down or break your heart...

I'm pretty sure my dad used to sing that in the truck when I was a kid...ahh the memories this is bringing back...

I have done a little bit of time-traveling, so it's possible that a poem I scratched out 15 years ago could have been sung by a guy in a pick-up 40 years ago. You never know.

Or, it could be that I unconsciously plagiarized a well known dirty poem. I be keen to know.

As far as it sounding like 'Lovely Rita'.... aside from the fact it has the word 'Rita' in it, I can't actually see the similarity.

I have done a little bit of time-traveling, so it's possible that a poem I scratched out 15 years ago could have been sung by a guy in a pick-up 40 years ago. You never know.

Or, it could be that I unconsciously plagiarized a well known dirty poem. I be keen to know.

As far as it sounding like 'Lovely Rita'.... aside from the fact it has the word 'Rita' in it, I can't actually see the similarity.

Now its getting spooky...dad...that you...

Now its getting spooky...dad...that you...

LOL (it's true, I'm actually still laughing and getting odd looks from the family).

ok I dug up my own first 'poem'. Should be interesting to remember, this was a first of a series I wrote under the title:

MY LIFE X-PERIENCE

[[[15-4-1995 - so I was 15 then....]]

this is the light which is in front of you

illumination that's what I wanted to do

I didn't make it, but I am trying more

I won't give up, as I did before

the world has changed in front of my eyes

below my eye a tear dries

I see thumans, they have nothing to eat

whatever I say, I don't give a shit

this fucking poem, or what I am trying to write

is just a paper, you have to think and fight

and thiz emotional thoughts I am trying to express

are just a dream, adn I will wake up in depress.

LOL (it's true, I'm actually still laughing and getting odd looks from the family).

Dad passed in 81.....how old are you? He always said he would come back and chat...

DAD?

Dad passed in 81.....how old are you? He always said he would come back and chat...

DAD?

Yeah, I was born in 79, but as a kid I was sure I was the reincarnation of Lennon. (So disappointed when I found he died after I was born). Sorry mate. I'm sure you'll get to chat to him sometime in the future anyway. :)

Yeah, I was born in 79, but as a kid I was sure I was the reincarnation of Lennon. (So disappointed when I found he died after I was born). Sorry mate. I'm sure you'll get to chat to him sometime in the future anyway. :)

Mate...I was trying to fuck with your brain... I guessed 81....you were born in 79...thats what I nearly said...now what would you had thought if I had said he passed in 78 :lol: :lol:

It was Peter Peter pumpkin eater...

My first poem

was called 'Purple berry bush'.

I couldnt believe when I got an (A-) for a series of these poems which I wrote in the 10 mins before my major assessment for english class was due in year 9. Before this event I never enjoyed reading or writing- but poetry has since stayed with me for life. Writing has become one of my favourite things to do. Wordsmitthing

I'd have to dig it up somewhere, but it had these lines in it, and started:

purple berry bush growing from my toe, fed on the smell- I dont know.

Purple berry bush growing from my knee, fed on pain not on glee..

purple berry bush growing from my mind.. because the past was my pain,

but now is my time.

The poem was actually my stream of consciousness irritation at having to write it.

I was simply shocked when I noticed that my feeling spoke straight forth when speaking abstractly,

and worked themselves out by the end of the poem. Its like through poetry I learned a whole new way to talk. It was nice, and its afar easier medium to think and communicate in.

The problem is few others seem to understand the large chunks when they're looking for details,

and those that do understand are creating their own meaning anyhow :blink:

Edited by mud

Mate...I was trying to fuck with your brain... I guessed 81....you were born in 79...thats what I nearly said...now what would you had thought if I had said he passed in 78 :lol: :lol:

It was Peter Peter pumpkin eater...

he he... you shoulda checked my profile. Birthday's on there. You could have strung it out a little longer. :lol:

Edited by Rabaelthazar

well i only have 1 to share:

lol was an ode to my daughters pet rat that i sent to her with a photo of him-

all i have to offer really, first and last poem ive ever written-

there is a rat, his name is sniffy,

my daughter thinks hes kinda spiffy,

in his cage, he makes a bed,

his favorite meal, i think its bread.

I let him out, he likes to wander,

toward him does my heart grow fonder.

On his back, a big brown stripe,

upon my toe, he sometimes bites!