The Corroboree
grantoss

Spores to Share or Sell!!!

Hi all just wondering if there were people out there willing to trade or Sell Spores at this great time of year.

Please PM me!!!

I am another ready to try some mycology and will pay for spores.

Thanks

Kevlar

Are you looking to study wood loving mushroom spores?

Or grow edible/medicinal varieties?

• Like 1

Are you looking to study wood loving mushroom spores?

Or grow edible/medicinal varieties?

I'm sure Grantoss means only LEGAL edibles.. Not allowed to trade fun ones anymore :innocent_n:

I am after some spores for microscopy as well.

yay yay yay yay yay! nevermind

Edited by Bush_Turkey

Hi Guys,

Might be a good idea to refer to rules regarding prints here:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19747

also good to specify what species of edibles you are after, as there plenty of folks who dont mind sharing out some oyster, etc. prints or even plates if your lucky.

edit: edited as per najas post post below

Cheers, Obtuse.

Edited by obtuse

Hey, who says u can't trade those silly spores here? Gom may have inplimented that rule in the seed and plant exchange sub forum, but it doesn't apply to the mycology sub-forum. Trade away I say.

Trade here and not the plant exchange area. Unless T says to stop, then I will allow spore trading here.

Edited by naja naja

I'm sure Grantoss means only LEGAL edibles.. Not allowed to trade fun ones anymore :innocent_n:

You know me so well Sethomopod.... Correctomondo LOL

Hey, who says u can't trade those silly spores here? Gom may have inplimented that rule in the seed and plant exchange sub forum, but it doesn't apply to the mycology sub-forum. Trade away I say.

Trade here and not the plant exchange area. Unless T says to stop, then I will allow spore trading here.

awesome! we can trade in your forum! yay! im so happy :lol: was thinking it was hole site :BANGHEAD2: gom???

i thought it was a joint decision between andy and t to stop sporetrading?

if not i have some B+ prints to trade :)

• Like 1

Maybe it was, but nobody has said anything to me. Until there is a problem, trading can continue.

I am keen to trade for prints.

Are there any edibles that I could grow using the basic straw tek that Chiral posted?

Gom may have inplimented that rule in the seed and plant exchange sub forum,

but it doesn't apply to the mycology sub-forum.

Just to clarify, Gom hasn't been here in years,

so I doubt he made the post Naj, unless it's an oldie?

Go the spores!:)

Hey all

Looking for prints or plates of oysters for a mycology noob

I also have taken prints of some mushrooms from my garden which im going to check out under my microscope so other interesting prints will be most welcome

Please send me a pm with what you have

Cheers

Got

www.sporeworks.com

i just got my amazonian cube prints in the mail today :)

been lurking for ages and can now finally have a go at it

Hey all

Looking for prints or plates of oysters for a mycology noob

I also have taken prints of some mushrooms from my garden which im going to check out under my microscope so other interesting prints will be most welcome

Please send me a pm with what you have

Cheers

Got

Why not just buy sum from the supermarket? Then fill a syringe half way with sterile water, snap mushroom stem in glovebox, use syringe to take a sterile core sample from the inside of the stem using the fresh snap as entry point atone end and a fresh snap point at the other. Then squit into a liquid culture and incubate. 4-8 days later u should have more sterile myc than u know wat to do with.

Peace

N

P.S. The strains from supermarket are commercial strains which have been preselected for u, so no need to run hundreds or thousands of isolates to find the one as good as their's as they have prob already done that work for u.

Why not just buy sum from the supermarket? Then fill a syringe half way with sterile water, snap mushroom stem in glovebox, use syringe to take a sterile core sample from the inside of the stem using the fresh snap as entry point atone end and a fresh snap point at the other. Then squit into a liquid culture and incubate. 4-8 days later u should have more sterile myc than u know wat to do with.

This is what my plan was for oysters but I have not been able to find any in my local supermarkets or growers markets

I can only find portabella and what they call field mushrooms. My local growers market told me they used to carry other mushrooms but they threw out more than they sold

It seems most people that live in my area think oysters only come from the sea

I think will have to go and check out some other places

Cheers

Got

So wat ur saying is u live in a bum fuck town that is not perth? I'm in a small town, but IGA always has a good selection of shrooms, I've seen golden, indian,king,pink oiyster, enoki, ear fungus anda few others too I believe. If u really are in Perth, then search arond a bit better.

I have plates of many edible species to trade if anyone is looking.:)

I'm looking for spores of edibles and other prints for microscopy, I don't have any to trade but could trade something else?

Although very recently a friend rescued some mycelium/woodchip from being excavated...I havn't seen it fruit, so not sure what it is but they say its an edible kind.

So I might have spores in the future....

I'd also be keen on picking up some spore prints for microscopy. This will be my first venture into this field so I don't have anything I can trade, but I'd be willing to pay.

Send me a PM :)

What the 'bleep' is a PM. Do i have one. I have allowed access to my email through my profile. I want in on the action but have nothing to trade. Am after cube' spores for microscopic studies. ??!!??

PM = personal message. click the little envelope under the persons name you want to message