The Corroboree
reshroomED

Otways mushshroom camping/hunting

@ Incognito - What? Shut up.

so much for the ed protection scheme lol

fuck it ill just pack aeroguard.

Haha, i'm just messing with you Incog.

cheers

im not i think ur an annoying gnat. aeroguard- check.

For a brief moment I was going to come and thanks to Breadfilter everything was organised. Then I pulled out because I'm a piker.

have a good weekend guys! it will be super fun.

im not i think ur an annoying gnat. aeroguard- check.

Hahaha! Wow, you have NO idea. Within the first 10 mins of meeting me your only though will be 'When are we leaving'. Mwahahaah!

Looking forward to meeting you incog. Hope you can make it! Sad to hear WT! Guess there had to be at least one bailing. Hopefully next time!

cheers

LOL professionals have tried.

im only comin cos ed promised me hed protect me :wub:

Sorry mate, but I'm not messing with YM.

He's well-known as a man not to be trifled with in Colac.

Maps (1.5MB .rar) are available giving directions to the campsite. Pm me if interested.

Worth noting is that last petrol is Colac, and Beech Forest consists solely of a pub (so no supplies) and grog prices are far more than Colac.

Stocking up in Geelong or prior is probably preferrable.

Local forecast is "partly cloudy" for the Friday and Saturday with 7°-15°C and 7°-14°C being the respective temperature ranges expected (For what a bureau forecast is worth)

But it *will* be much colder than 7°C down there, so please bring appropriate clothing/sleeping gear.

As Lampy mentioned, it's very wet walking through the bush so waterproof gear and a change of clothes are wise.

Lampy, if you bring the wood, that saves me some messing about and would be excellent. I'll still bring the small chainsaw just in case.

Went for a squiz yesterday (mainly for the mapping) but had a few very quick looks at various spots on the way home. Saw zilch in the way of subs, but no lepiotas, and only the occasional amanita, so I'd think things will be going well in another week or so - especially after taking Lampy's pic into consideration.

ed

Edited by reshroomED

you pussy ed :wink: some protecterer u are.

damn it. im bringing along my good friend tinger himself then. one word out of you YM and...well, you dont wanna know the rest.

ong-bak.jpg

Wood should be no problem, ill bring heaps

south west facing areas seemed to be fruiting and under large grass/blackberry bushes so i think it might be a lack of rain/humidity. Hopefully we get some in the next few days.

it will be good to go adventuring into different parts of the hills, i usually frequent north of lavers hill rd

are you bringing a fishing rod ED?

are you bringing a fishing rod ED?

A couple of general purpose rods live in my car, so I'll have them, but given the fishable area I'll probably sit back and watch the visitors bait-fish.

Taking into account the amount of water that I saw moving yesterday (not all that much, but definitely fishable), I may even put in an ultra-light spinning rod as it looked quite good for pan-sized fish in the fast, shallow runs (and they do make a nice brecky).

I'll also have a very quiet little Honda generator and lighting, so if people need electricity it will be available (only 1KW though).

There's a 60l 12V fridge in the back of my bus, so I can provide refridgeration for foodstuffs (and maybe a few drinks) so don't waste too much money on ice.

No hot showers this year though, the bastards have blocked off my spot where I could park on the river. Fargin' Iceholes :BANGHEAD2:

Nearly forgot to mention foot-wear. Boots are appropriate, the bigger the better. As stated previously, anywhere bar a pine-plantation will be very wet

Only nine sleeps now, boys and girls.

ed

I have been looking at images of the Otway Ranges. It looks like a slice of paradise. You guys are gunna have a ball. Unfortunately for me ,i will be hosting a 9 year olds birthday party so am unable to bloody go. I will be there in spirit. I just wanted to mention a few of my favorite things to take camping... My gum boots( essential), Thermal underwear, A hot water bottle ( Very comforting)( However , regular checks need to be made to the condition of the rubber as it deteriorates over time. Wouldn't want third degree burns when your on a 'trip' away) and a new thing that i have invested in are outdoor garden solar lights. These can be a marker for tent guide ropes or even just a marker to find your tent. :) You can get color changing ones also. I think that they would be a real treat. I hope you get good weather. I am hoping that there is another excursion in the months to come so some of us who were unable to make it this time,can have another chance. Sweeet.

and a new thing that i have invested in are outdoor garden solar lights. These can be a marker for tent guide ropes or even just a marker to find your tent. :) You can get color changing ones also. I think that they would be a real treat.

That is an awesome idea. I would never have thought of that.

Any chance of a show of arms as to who is coming?

Need to take cuttings soon.

ed

I will be coming up on the Saturday, leaving same evening.

Edited by Rabaelthazar

I'm still keen, but I'm still waiting for a few things

to fall into place yet to make it all possible. :BANGHEAD2:

so I'm still watchin this space and will let you know as soon as I know.

I will definitely be there...arriving Friday arvo, thanx Ed for the maps. @YM looks as if the campsite is easy to find, so no need for pick-up at Pub :rolleyes:

looking forward meeting you all...

cheers S

+1

Just got back from a hunt. Nice and damp, VERY cold. Not much in the way of subs, HEAPS of other species though. If we get a good shower or two we should see some good yeilds...maybe. Then again i only checked my usual spots, so no commando hunting like we have planned for next weekend. Ah no problem at all satyr, looks like most people will be making their own way to the camp anyway. Hope you can make it Gecko!! And incog, dont worry bro, i'll be on my best behaviour! Promise :innocent_n:

Think i'm all set. See ya's all next weekend!!

cheers

Edit: Might be bringing a mate. It's just a bit short notice so good chance he'll bail. But put me down for me +1

Edited by Yawning Man

+1 for myself and +1 another sabber that never posts here anymore.

I've just removed the links to the maps, as one member is no longer coming due to concerns of me having made the information publicly available.

I didn't think this to be an issue, as we'd already agreed on the spot and mentioned it's name (so a quick google would provide plenty of tourist brochures etc, all with directions/maps on how to get there). Apologies if I've offended anyone.

Pm me if you'd like the maps.

ed

^^^

Did you mention that to them? I can see their concern though. Bacon doesn't really go well with mushrooms..except in a nice pie. On a side note, drizzling nicely atm, hopefully some heavier rain is on the way.

cheers

Edited by Yawning Man
  • Like 1

Hey guys I wouldn't mind tagging along too if thats cool. Sounds like it'll be an awesome weekend! All depends on what happens with my pay this week.

Anyone have a rough idea how long a drive it would be from Eastern suburbs?