Coca-cola kills

COCA-COLA

CEO: E. Neville Isdell

Contact the Corporation: Coca-Cola

One Coca Cola Plaza

P.O. Box 1734

Atlanta, GA 30301

Phone: 404-676-2121

Human Rights Abuses: violent killings, kidnap and torture, water privatization, health violations, and discriminatory practices

Coca-Cola Company is perhaps the most widely recognized corporate symbol on the planet. The company also leads in the abuse of workers' rights, assassinations, water privatization, and worker discrimination. Between 1989 and 2002, eight union leaders from Coca-Cola bottling plants in Colombia were killed after protesting the company's labor practices. Hundreds of other Coca-Cola workers who have joined or considered joining the Colombian union SINALTRAINAL have been kidnapped, tortured, and detained by paramilitaries who intimidate workers to prevent them from unionizing. In Turkey, 14 Coca-Cola truck drivers and their families were beaten severely by Turkish police hired by the company, while protesting a layoff of 1,000 workers from a local bottling plant in 2005.

In India, Coca-Cola destroys local agriculture by privatizing the country's water resources. In Plachimada, Kerala, Coca-Cola extracted 1.5 million liters of deep well water, which they bottled and sold under the names Dasani and BonAqua. The groundwater was severely depleted, affecting thousands of communities with water shortages and destroying agricultural activity. As a result, the remaining water became contaminated with high chloride and bacteria levels, leading to scabs, eye problems, and stomach aches in the local population. Water shortages have occurred in Varanasi, Thane, and Tamil Nadu as well. The company is also guilty of reselling its plants' industrial waste to farmers as fertilizers, despite its containing hazardous lead and cadmium.

Coca-Cola is one of the most discriminatory employers in the world. In the year 2000, 2,000 African-American employees in the U.S. sued the company for race-based disparities in pay and promotions. In México, Coca-Cola FEMSA, the largest Coca-Cola bottler in Latin America, fired a senior bottling manager for being gay. Finally, by regularly denying health insurance to employees and their families, Coca Cola has failed to help stop the spread of AIDS in Africa. The company is one of the continent's largest private employers, yet only partially covers expensive medicines, while not covering generic medicines at all.

Source - well worth reading for the other information.

Ya.

What else is new?

It's not about being new, it's about bringing this to people's attention.

• Like 2

I think I'm addicted to the stuff, it makes me think that they don't fully de-cocainise the leaves. Look deep enough and you'll turn up dirty secrets on almost any company.

There's dirty and there's dirty. A corporation, an entity designed to make money, actually assassinating and torturing people is pretty heavy.

Rots your teeth, bad for nervous system, I just never drink the stuff - coke doesn't get any of my money.

Out of interest wonder what pepsi does in comparison?

You have to keep in mind that Coca-cola own a lot of drinks, so even if you don't buy Coke directly, you still may be supporting them by buying, say, Peat Ridge spring water.

Out of interest wonder what pepsi does in comparison?

Not as bad according to the Ethical Consumer Guide, but still pretty terrible. Coca-cola is an exceptionally bad corporation.

PepsiCo Inc. are list as best practice on report card on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality in corporate America.

[source]

Environment BOTTOM Rating - 40/100 for Good Shopping Guide rating

Brands in 'breakfast cereals' category received BOTTOM Rating; with a score of 40 out of a possible score of 100 in the Ethical Company Organisation's 2009 'Good Shopping Guide' (uk) which evaluates brands with regard to the Environment; Animal Welfare and Human Rights records.

Information Red rating at ResponsibleShopper.com

Responsible Shopper's (US) company ratings are graded from Green (best), Yellow, Orange, to Red (worst).

Information ethiscore 4/15 (very poor)

From Ethical Consumer Magazine's online database Corporate Critic (UK based).

Environment Promotion of Bottled water

Pepsico has been criticised for the promotion of bottled water and undermining local control of water supplies in communities by turning water into a profit driven commodity.

Source.

Edited by tripsis

I think I'm addicted to the stuff, it makes me think that they don't fully de-cocainise the leaves. Look deep enough and you'll turn up dirty secrets on almost any company.

it's addictive enough with it's sugar and caffeine. plus it's been marketed that much, there might be a psychological aspect to the addiction.

You have to keep in mind that Coca-cola own a lot of drinks, so even if you don't buy Coke directly, you still may be supporting them by buying, say, Peat Ridge spring water.

Not as bad according to the Ethical Consumer Guide, but still pretty terrible. Coca-cola is an exceptionally bad corporation.

Source.

I don't think I buy any of their subsidery brands - but not by choice - I'm still unfortunately supporting all sorts of unethical things as a general consumer. Coca cola is really bad for your back (nervous system and spine) I know a few guys in their 40's who had bad backs and drank lots of coke. One of the 1st questions their chiro asked is 'do you drink cola - specifically coca cola/coke.

I don't think I buy any of their subsidery brands - but not by choice - I'm still unfortunately supporting all sorts of unethical things as a general consumer. Coca cola is really bad for your back (nervous system and spine) I know a few guys in their 40's who had bad backs and drank lots of coke. One of the 1st questions their chiro asked is 'do you drink cola - specifically coca cola/coke.

Could you elaborate please? I did a quick search and the only thing I found was some guy who injured his back lifting a case.

Australian schools are proposing to remove soft drinks from canteens that contain sugar ,and replace them with ones that only contain ''aspartame''...and in case yo didn't know, ''aspartame'' is the excrement of genetically altered bacteria which is toxic as fuck (see link) http://www.knowthelies.com/?q=node/2148

That would be a terrible move. They should just remove soft drinks all together. Kids don't need to be drinking and eating shit during school hours as well as after.

I don't think coke is murdering people in this country. From what i can tell the violence intimidation and murders are part of the containing countries political agenda coke just seems to be swept up in it. Coke probably makes the majority of its $$$ from things that dont involve soft drink. Especially considering its tie in to cocaine.

The CEO of the Golden arches once said "we are not in the hambuger business we are in the real estate business".

Coke would have its finger in many pies. IMO just another Illuminati front.

Could you elaborate please? I did a quick search and the only thing I found was some guy who injured his back lifting a case.

Can't really elaborate - I just knew a few ex colleagues that were asked if they drank coke in relation to their back issues. Have no idea of the merit or censorship of that information though. Cheers

• Like 1

Can't really elaborate - I just knew a few ex colleagues that were asked if they drank coke in relation to their back issues. Have no idea of the merit or censorship of that information though. Cheers

dunno how truthful this link is but it implies that coke prevents you from absorbing nutrients for your skeleton.

EDIT: link added

http://blisstree.com/feel/what-happens-to-your-body-if-you-drink-a-coke-right-now/

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Diabetes expert wants Coke out of communities

A diabetes researcher says Coca-Cola should withdraw from the Northern Territory's community stores if it really wants to make a difference to Indigenous health.

Professor Kerin O'Dea from the University of South Australia says there is one way the world's biggest soft drink company can show it is serious about tackling diabetes.

"I think that the best thing they could do is move out of community stores," she said.

She says the Indigenous owners of remote community stores may decide to ban unhealthy softdrinks once they see detailed sales figures.

"It's much better if those communities reach those decisions by themselves," she said.

The Outback Stores organisation says one of its stores has already banned Coca-Cola.

Coca-Cola has taken down a page on its website that said the NT had the highest per capita consumption rate of Coca-Cola in the world.

Company spokeswoman Sally Loane says the statistic is no longer accurate, but the company realised in 2006 that it needed to take action.

"We decided, yes, there was a problem, so we came up with our remote community strategy," she said.

But Ms Loane disagreed that the company should pull out of communities.

"We want to give people the choice," she said.

"We want to be in there, helping to deliver the best health outcomes to these communities."

Ms Loane says the company is working with Outback Stores to encourage young Indigenous people to drink water.

Link

Addictive,full of crap..actually I wouldn't call it a drink as that implies it's a food group :puke:

What get's me burred up is parents who feed this shit to their kids, then say the kid has a problem, then they're on Ritalin!!!!

I see baby bottles with the shit in it and feel like smacking the parents and sending them to their room!!

BTW thanks for the link...I'm going to print out a few copies and give to my friends.I keep telling them it's crap for them and the environment..and now they treat the people like this as well.

Fuckin big corps poisoning the public and getting away with it :wave-finger:

i know how you feel man

just relax :)

take some breaths

(that's better)

we can't all carry the weight of the world. i'm just glad there are people like you who will not routinely give coke to their little ones.

Only the good food for my lil one man :wink:

No fuckin way..I didn't need it,wasn't given it and never missed it :P

Took up the habit a looong time ago at work and after a few years I stopped caffeine overnight(penny dropped-anxiety factor).

Man that was a day I'll never forget!

I still stir up my mates about drinking Coke.EVERY-TIME LOL.

They whinge about hangovers and I go "yeah..really?..."maybe it was all that mixer shit! stick to beer ya dick or drink ya spirits straight like a man!"

This puts a new spin on it though,something else to throw at them hehe.

Not that I didn't know they were shifty fuckers anyway, but I showed mum and she had NO idea,even that they were affiliates with other products,I've been telling her for ages but now she knows and won't buy any of the associated products.

One small step anyway.

That's good to hear. The more people that are vocally against corporations like Coke, the greater the potential for change becomes.

Coke is like cigarettes, actually drinking coke makes me wanna smoke cigarettes...double wammy. Look I don't think worldwide their is a company performing up to standards or outside interpretations, a lot are just glossy signs or very creative advertising...the actual product could be diarrhea in some cases but if it's marketed right and has a pretty label and colour then numbskulls will buy it.

Anyone ever thought about what kernel sanders would think if he walked into a KFC these days...I'm sure he would be mortified to see such disgusting filth being handled by foriegn students simply passing through whilst earning 2bob to pay their keep, not to mention the appalling working conditions and hours on their feet in hot sweaty cramped working conditions...but we still drive on in for Snack box or chicken burger don't we.

Coca Cola is no different and I'd hazard a guess that the original inventors and first people to come up with it had much nicer ideas for their tasty sweet drink compared to the fucking over marketed nonsense that fills up every fridge in every single store across the globe.

The origins of these famous brands have been taken over by conglomerates and they are now nothing more than a market mover on the stock exchange therefore allowing the shareholders to get richer and richer and buy more and more new ideas to fill up even more shelves in even more stores and servos across the world.

what a bloated farce these products have become...but, we still buy them and would probably moan if we couldn't get them...I know that sometimes a gassy drink can help solve a stomach issue from time to time and a coke or lemonade can really feel like medicine when you chug one after craving the sweet fucker for a few days.

what a bloated farce these products have become...but, we still buy them and would probably moan if we couldn't get them...I know that sometimes a gassy drink can help solve a stomach issue from time to time and a coke or lemonade can really feel like medicine when you chug one after craving the sweet fucker for a few days.

Know where you're at mate :wink:.

Couple of tips for ya,to get rid of the gas use bi-carb and water...as for the sweet cravings,fight them off during W/D and reduce carbs in the arvo/night.Proteins be better in my experience.

This should help in your case :)

Coke's not bad for cleaning copper and toilets though LOL

LOL Dangerous shit hey.....