The Corroboree
triskele

Female Ayahuasca Shamans in Peru:

Hi all,

I am looking to travel to Peru next year to participate in a number of ayahuasca ceremonies for personal healing and growth.

I am female and I would like to undertake such ceremonies with a female shaman (curandera) if at all possible.

Whilst I have found lots of information on male shamans (curanderos) who offer this service, I am having trouble finding information about curanderas.

From what I can ascertain, it appears that one of the most well-regarded curandera, Norma Panduro Navarro, died in 2007 - not very useful for me of course!

I was wondering if anyone here knows of any reputable curanderas offering ayahuasca healing ceremonies in Peru? Perhaps someone has had direct experience with one and could pass on some information to me?

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Many thanks

this lady shamans icaro sends me off without aya,

Hey thanks guys :)

Apothecary... that Temple of the Way of Light looks really amazing. I will certainly keep it in mind!

Hope you reach into parts of yourself didn't know existed, hope you open your skull and flex your brain to absorb as much info as possible, hope you travel safe and well, hope you find a loving gentle curanderas to guide you through your journeys. Most of all...everyone here hopes you have ball and take lotssa pics for us less fortunates stuck behind glossy PC screens.

Travel well triskele, travel bold, travel smart, and travel in peace.

A few more links that might be worth following:

Ayahuasca Healing Center / School - 'Yacu Puma' www.yacupuma.com ( http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=232618545864 ) might be worth a look

If you are on facebook, it might be worth getting in contact with someone like Meghan Shannon through http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=503...55916866?ref=ts (or at http://www.infinitelightperu.com )(she's an ayahuasca shamanic apprentice) and see if you can do some online networking.

Edited by Alchemica

this place is run by a lady who would probably be able to help you find the appropriate female shaman:

http://goddessofamazon.com/

I hear very good things about the temple of the way of light...

Alan Shoemaker is also good at pointing people in the right direction.

I would *generally* recommend to people starting with some of the Iquitos based curanderos and then venturing further out into the amazon where the less touristy based curanderos are.

Julian.

Aww thanks Chiral, what sweet words.

Alchemica - I'd already looked into Yacu Puma before I posted on this forum, it looks pretty good - but no female shamanas as far as I can tell.

Meghan Shannon's experience seems interesting....

Yay... I'm getting all excited now. I love planning journeys! :)

this lady shamans icaro sends me off without aya,

ohh yeah shes good, thanks for that.

I've been lucky enough to be in ceremony with Elisa, and i must say it was an absolutely amazing experience. She's a very lovely, warm and most importantly genuine person. Her icaros have such lucidity and clearness, and she'll really allow you and your experience with Ayahuasca to be the main focus, while she compliments and supports it. I think the vast majority of people would feel very comfortable and relaxed with her. I highly recommend.

Enjoy your travels through that awe inspiring land..

Edited by Aya