The Corroboree
Geebus

Kaktus Powder from HHH

A friend of mine got some of this stuff the other day and was just wondering on the best means of ingestion? He's not sure whether it is to be smoked or eaten or put in a drink and swallowed, he's also unsure of the dosage, he has a 2 gram vial of the stuff. My friend says help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey mate best way to have it little bit strong tasting juice or something and just shot it down on a empty belly taste like shit be prepared. 2 small doses or 1 big one in there. have fun with it.

A friend of mine got some of this stuff the other day and was just wondering on the best means of ingestion? He's not sure whether it is to be smoked or eaten or put in a drink and swallowed, he's also unsure of the dosage, he has a 2 gram vial of the stuff. My friend says help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey mate best way to have it little bit strong tasting juice or something and just shot it down on a empty belly taste like shit be prepared. 2 small doses or 1 big one in there. have fun with it.
Friend tried this method, and was very happy with the result, thanks mate! :D

what is this "kaktus powder" anyway?

its a "legal high" blend of Opuntia and selenicereus flesh. oh and coffee and chocolate.

Edited by Bush_Turkey

oh right thanks for that.

i hope they're not expensive. a good cup of coffe might be easier & more pleasurable?

It would appear the effects of different cacti can be quiet complex. Certainly more hidden magic to them than just mesc.

Having said this I would never recommend consuming this product as it's not TGA approved and sold as incense only. Experiences of therapeutic effects are purely coincidental.

yeah absolutely, i'm just a little sceptical.

i don't really know for sure... how much cactus material is in each dose etc, but i would have thought to feel any kind of magic from opuntia & selenicereus, great hunks of material would need to be ingested. please correct me if i'm wrong... it may be a homeopathic thing.

& just the fact it has caffeine in it...which is highly stimulating. & what seems like well under active amounts of questionable psychoactive cacti. sounds like a bit of a commercial scam to me. but i have been known to be a little pessimistic about these things

I wouldn't recommend mixing it with other things. I didn't feel so good after mixing it with another HHH product at a festival. Stupid me for sure, but lesson well learnt.

Cant really knock it till ya tried it, thought enthos head be more open minded to all the wonderful natural products and how they adjust our chemistry, even though everybody does matabolise every thing different. Would you be doubting a chemical drug as well?

yeah absolutely, i'm just a little sceptical.

i don't really know for sure... how much cactus material is in each dose etc, but i would have thought to feel any kind of magic from opuntia & selenicereus, great hunks of material would need to be ingested. please correct me if i'm wrong... it may be a homeopathic thing.

& just the fact it has caffeine in it...which is highly stimulating. & what seems like well under active amounts of questionable psychoactive cacti. sounds like a bit of a commercial scam to me. but i have been known to be a little pessimistic about these things

Why is it called "Kaktus" ..??

That's got to be the lowest way to dress caffeine up as something groovy I've ever seen.

edit...Oh I see it has prickly pear in it...DUH...still crappy marketing.. :blink:

Edited by Chiral

i heard it is metabolised eaucalyptus from koala droppings and is very similar in structure to mescaline?

Why is it called "Kaktus" ..??

That's got to be the lowest way to dress caffeine up as something groovy I've ever seen.

edit...Oh I see it has prickly pear in it...DUH...still crappy marketing.. :blink:

It also has Selenicereus in addition to Opuntia which would make the "Kaktus" branding appropriate and rather clever imo. When I first saw it I assumed it was something else, but figured pretty quickly what it wasn't. I'm yet to actually try some but have heard good things about it that don't correlate to a straight out caffeine assault.

I believe in the magic of cacti!

Cant really knock it till ya tried it, thought enthos head be more open minded to all the wonderful natural products and how they adjust our chemistry, even though everybody does matabolise every thing different. Would you be doubting a chemical drug as well?

fair enough can't knock it til i tried it. i think i am very open minded to how a lot of wonderful natural products can adjust our chemistry, maybe i'm kidding myself who knows? i don't know why your comment about a 'chemical drug' is at all relevant to what i said.

it just sounds like a marketing scam to me...thats all. i can't see how tiny amounts of opuntia & selenicereus would have much psychoactivity. sure, there might be some synergistic quality to it or something, but surly no more than the synergistic quality of the tomato & mayonaise you had on your sandwich for lunch or the exhaust fumes & heavy metals you breathed in on your way to work in the morning... & believe me i know these things (tomatos & exhaust fumes & pretty much every single thing which is absorbed into & metabolized by your body) do have a strong effect on your psyche & your physical well being & experience.

don't take me for some kind of hardhead anti-plant type or anything lol

i once was highly highly aware almost to the point of serious neurosis, of the effect that every single little thing i ate our breathed in etc was having on my body & mind. after moving to the city i soon discovered that i had to tone it down a little as in this modern world everywhere we go & everything we do pretty much involves being exposed to all kinds of very powerful chemicals etc, to be endlessly stressing about the infinitude of effects you are experiencing due to the infinitude of stimuly in the world would send you mad.

i still think it's very important to have a high level of awareness about your body & what it's telling you about your environment & the foods you eat but to go over the top would be extremely self defeating imo. my point being (i'll say it again) is that everything which enters our body is having a synergistic effect with everything else. i definitely believe in the power of cacti by all means! but it would just seem to me that small amount of cellulose vegetable matter & perhaps a miniscule trace of alkaloid from the cactus would probably not be enough to be at all noticable underneath the strong stimulation of the caffeine. & if it's the majic of cacti you're looking for i'd just feel that that would certainly be overidden by the caffeine... but then again different people are after differnt things. the ingestion of certain cacti may have a spiritual meaning or power for some which may or may not have anything to do with whether the alkaloids in it are affecting your brain or not & i'm not dissing that view point. some just want to get high, some couldn't care less either way, all are just as valid points of view as eachother, the diversity of human perspectives is what makes us beautiful creatures...(blah blah blah)

i'm not dissing plants & i'm not dissing cacti by any means. i'm not really dissing HHH, everyones gotta make a crust. maybe it seems i'm dissing you guys for buying it, but then again i really don't know, because as you pointed out i haven't tried it so take my opinion with a grain of salt, i just thought it seemed a worthwhile thing to point out. i'm not trying to be negative i just reckon people should think about it.

sorry if i sound like a wanker but it's my opinion. if someone can show me a good reason to try it i'd be more than happy to give it a go with an open mind.

rant over :rolleyes:

lol xodarap, you sure have a lot to say without actually having any experience with current head shop products it seems. the days of inactive products have been over for quite a few years now and anyone still buying useless crap is obviously not in the loop. The greatest impact on these products have obviously been the development of easy and effective extraction processes. So when you see guarana as an ingredient in a product then this might be plain old guarana with 2% caffeine/xanthines or it might be a 30:1 extract with 60% caffeine/xanthines [only using caffeine as an easy example, but this can be done to most actives]

I am just about to release a whole range of new and old herbal extracts ranging from 10:1 to 50:1 and it's actually people like you that scare me the most. Not because you won't buy the product, but because if you do, the chances are that your preformed ignorant opinions will land you in hospital. The negative attitude about these products and the arrogance that comes with that attitude are a very dangerous combination.

This fear by the way is the reason why many manufacturers who could make more potent products simply don't. It often costs no more to make a product twice as strong, or to pack multiple doses into one package, but no matter what, there is always one idiot who eats the whole lot ... and then blames the vendor.

As for cacti, it is ignorant to assume that mescaline is the only active constituent in the family. Other actives range from various PEAS and amino acids to flavonoids. Opuntia extract received a lot of press recently as a hangover cure. Don't know what extract fraction this was though.

your preformed ignorant opinions

Pretty harsh, even if you think it's justified. Someone tell the moderator! :P

Edited by Huichol_Eyebrow

ok fair enough, i know fuck all about this product. i was having a rant. my opinion is trivial as i said that but i couldn't find a single peice of info about hhh kaktus powder on the web except in this thread, i haven't seen the packaging or talked to anyone in the shop, excuse my ignorance but are the specific levels of extract in the kaktus powder displayed on the label? is this info available?

"So when you see guarana as an ingredient in a product then this might be plain old guarana with 2% caffeine/xanthines or it might be a 30:1 extract with 60% caffeine/xanthines [only using caffeine as an easy example, but this can be done to most actives]."

but thats the thing. if i was buying a product that was labeled guarana i'd expect to get guarana. if the product was labeled 30:1 guarana extract then thats what i'd expect

"I am just about to release a whole range of new and old herbal extracts ranging from 10:1 to 50:1 and it's actually people like you that scare me the most. Not because you won't buy the product, but because if you do, the chances are that your preformed ignorant opinions will land you in hospital. The negative attitude about these products and the arrogance that comes with that attitude are a very dangerous combination."

i wouldn't dose my self on something i knew nothing about. & thats precisely the point i'm actually trying to make! i'm just pointing out that people should think about the things they take. i had a rant, i didn't mean to tread on peoples toes.

Edited by xodarap

i know fuck all about this product. i was having a rant.

You were undermining the informed opinions given by others. Threads are supposed to be informative where possible rather than based on uninformed conjecture. There are some good contributions here, but they are drowned out by your opinions, both by volume and by position. So when someone comes to this forum to get some info in the future he is more likely to read your posts than the ones that actually contain valid information about the product.

You hadn't even bothered to inform yourself about what the relationship between the name and the ingredients might be, instead ranting about it being a mere caffeine dose.

i couldn't find a single peice of info about hhh kaktus powder on the web except in this thread

Nothing wrong with questions. It's your statements and assumptions that were counterproductive. I've never had the stuff so can't give an opinion.

but thats the thing. if i was buying a product that was labeled guarana i'd expect to get guarana. if the product was labeled 30:1 guarana extract then thats what i'd expect

So if the label says contains 'wheat' you would expect it to contain the whole grain without anything taken out? or would you expect it to contain the whole wheat plant? or would the white inner part of the seed be OK? In an ideal world every label would have the exact description of what's in it, but [coming from someone with 17 food allergies] trust me that that's just not the case. And it is going to get worse. The way the TGA is cracking down on products means that in the not too distant future anything with dosage instructions or in tablet/capsule form will become unavailable. Only products by big pharma companies will prevail as they are the only ones who can afford the testing and registration procedures.

i wouldn't dose my self on something i knew nothing about. & thats precisely the point i'm actually trying to make! i'm just pointing out that people should think about the things they take.

Certainly agree with you there. But the best way to ensure this is to get to the facts rather than making assumptions.

Don't mention the war!

I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it. So it's all forgotten now and let's hear no more about it. So that's two egg mayonnaise, a prawn Goebbels, a Herman Goering and four Colditz salads....no, wait a minute...I got confused because everyone keeps mentioning the war.

:wink:

Still mesc LOL

anyway I've found THIQ's in cacti species to have some nice activity :lol:

i havnt tried this product but am interested in it as i have come across a few reports of the successful use of very low dose trichs for pain relief.talking a tenth to twentieth of a dose.

i assume that mesc is not the responsible active ? and would like to id the active so i can focus on non mesc cactii with the same active.....

some low dose trichs have a nice stimulating effect.low again = 1/10 to 1/20 of active .

t s t .

In an ideal world every label would have the exact description of what's in it, but [coming from someone with 17 food allergies] trust me that that's just not the case. And it is going to get worse. The way the TGA is cracking down on products means that in the not too distant future anything with dosage instructions or in tablet/capsule form will become unavailable. Only products by big pharma companies will prevail as they are the only ones who can afford the testing and registration procedures.

YUP...One more overdose/bad reaction/side affect or negative mention in the media about any of these so called "legal highs" and I'd bet they'll push some legislation to ban all these products. Using approved gov't or FDA testing only as the only gateway to public sales. It's only a matter of time, and this goes for all food, beverages, herbal remedies etc etc..perhaps one day they will legislate types of massage too if someone claims they are injured during a session. The herbalist will be first to go though, pushing anyone wanting to continue making extracts from readily available free food sources into a black market. Honestly though who is going to buy something they find questionable anyway due to bad publicity/negative word of mouth, from established drug/substance users it has received...when it's on the black market.?

Are we going to see backyard aniseed extract chemists whipping up batches of Aniseed and caffeine extract into brown powder and hitting the streets..? It's actually interesting as a lot the foods freely available actually can have a place in an alchemists kitchen as routes to proper established active phenylethylamines. They will squeeze and squeeze and squeeze till every single chemical available is controlled/watched/monitored, but what will they do about food and garden variety plants available from our local nurseries...think.gif

The media hype continues to inflate the scare mongering balloon giving the soccer mums even more power and a louder voice. Shows like today tonight and glossy gossip mags that are read by mindless millions around the globe, are eroding the already lazy ass minds of the bored middle class robot worker. We are an informed minority here on this forum because we have an interest, but let me tell you outside of this board it is carnage people...the general public do not have a fucking clue at all...we are a tiny informed minority because of places like SAB and edot, etc, but we are basically viewed as criminals/fringe dwellers hippies and stoners.

Finding a way to slow down the hysteria and stopping this insanity that the soccer mums have established is whats needed right now, because if it keeps going at this rate we will all be screwed for even owning any single piece of laboratory glassware weather it's been used ever or not, and if you have any aniseed, matches, seaweed or iodine in the house then forget it man you are history.

I vote "no cotton wool laws..!

You were undermining the informed opinions given by others.... There are some good contributions here, but they are drowned out by your opinions, both by volume and by position.

i wasn't undermining anyones opinion. i didn't see any very interesting or highly informative opinions about the credibility of the product when i made my original posts.

i admit my statements were a little ignorant but they were motivated by a desire to see people empower themselves. i'll think about it more before i express my opinion about soemthing i know little about next time. however i still think it's a worthwhile perspective on the situation & hopefully it's stimulated some thought.

So if the label says contains 'wheat' you would expect it to contain the whole grain without anything taken out? or would you expect it to contain the whole wheat plant? or would the white inner part of the seed be OK? In an ideal world every label would have the exact description of what's in it, but [coming from someone with 17 food allergies] trust me that that's just not the case. And it is going to get worse.

i certainly wouldn't expect to get 30:1 wheat extract. but this is the issue too. thats precisely why i stay away from most consumable processed products. because you mostly cannot get a realistic idea of what you're putting into your body. when it comes to mind altering substances i much prefer to take care of my own needs & process my own products rather than rely on a commercial product who's ingredients & processing methods are a mystery.

i'm in no way trying to bring shaman australis products into disrepute. i would vouch for the quality of your products 100% i've never had any reason to be disappointed. & i can understand why you're touchy about the issue, i don't hate you one little bit lol, i want to see the forums get better & better too & i think your business deserves to be successful.

The way the TGA is cracking down on products means that in the not too distant future anything with dosage instructions or in tablet/capsule form will become unavailable. Only products by big pharma companies will prevail as they are the only ones who can afford the testing and registration procedures.

all the more reason to take your health & medication into your own hands as much as possible no? that is probably very impractical for alot/most people & the convenience & quality of your products is such that, from a commercial perspective that may never be anything your business will have to worry about. from your perspective i can see this (TGA bullshit) would be a big issue & i know this is a very negative thing & will affect people badly. i feel that business' such as yours or rays are providing a very important service & these kinds of regulations can only be negative. but from my personal (non commercial) perspective this kind of thing is just another load of bullshit to throw on the beuroctaic nonsense pile & just another good reason to take my destiny into my own hands & take care of my own plant/chemical needs rather than rely on a grossly disfuctional system. this is not to say i am not angry about it.

anyway i think i've taken up enough space in this thread already

i havnt tried this product but am interested in it as i have come across a few reports of the successful use of very low dose trichs for pain relief.talking a tenth to twentieth of a dose.

i assume that mesc is not the responsible active ? and would like to id the active so i can focus on non mesc cactii with the same active.....

some low dose trichs have a nice stimulating effect.low again = 1/10 to 1/20 of active .

t s t .

I cannot say for sure what actives are in Kaktus, but I can say for sure that this stuff works, half to 2 thirds of the 2 gram vial is enough to give effects for me. It takes around 45 mins to an hour to kick in, the preliminary effects include a feeling of muscle looseness and relaxation, its a hard to describe feeling but you feel rather stimulated and chatty, but at the same time quite relaxed, enjoying stretching the extremities and laying on the grass.

I would however like to know the actives that cause these effects, these effects were not placebo, unless I'm highly sensitive to the active constituents or something.

I think Torsten's reply to xodarap in this thread is inadmissible.

If xodarap shouldn't have commented [loosely doubting and generally discussing, which is what this forum is all about] on the product because he hasn't tested it, then how can you [loosely] defend and advertise it since you too haven't tested it?? :P

Also, its true that there are no informed opinions [which you mentioned to substantiate your attack to xodarap] have been heard up to now - only the general stuff both you and xodarap are thinking about commercial products and extracts.

Also, as far as I am concerned, xodaraps ideas and posts are not "ignorant opinions" , on the contrary he seems to have a healthy scepticism I very much dig! not sure about the 'preformed', as I am not sure you have not preformed [read biased] opinions on stuff - when one has an opinion or a view, some time in the past he formed it, so all ideas and views are preformed :P

Moreover

I am just about to release a whole range of new and old herbal extracts ranging from 10:1 to 50:1 and it's actually people like you that scare me the most. Not because you won't buy the product, but because if you do, the chances are that your preformed ignorant opinions will land you in hospital. The negative attitude about these products and the arrogance that comes with that attitude are a very dangerous combination.

this quote is totally out of place.. in my book a doubtful and skeptical dude will always have less chances to accidentally overdose on anything.... Idiots on the other hand, who buy legal highs off the internet, from 100xsalvia extract [not australia, but anyway] to amanita extracts , which they have no idea and no instructions on how to use ...

anyway, some people's opinions like mine and xodarap are not exactly ideal to make you earn more through your business [not adressing to you specifically], but we can still express opinions right???

Geebus, can I ask how much does the 2gr vial cost, of which 2/3 is enough to give effects? How long does it last? What were the other effects besides the preliminary?