shruman

Stone the Crows

Went out the other morning to find this

post-2263-1255320404_thumb.jpg

Bloody Bastid, picked the biggest cactus in that spot to maul, a 4ft Psycho0

post-2263-1255320443_thumb.jpg

Did'nt eat any of it, wasteful bastid

post-2263-1255320483_thumb.jpg

We get all sorts of birds in our backyard, Cockies, rosellas, king parrots all sorts but there was a cheeky bloody Crow sitting on the fence havin a cackle at me.

There is still a very small amount of vascular tissue intact, should be interesting to see what it does.

Oh, that's really sucks. My guess is that it will start to curl over but continue to grow. Hopefully there is enough vascular tissue to connect to the tip.

Hope the evil bird has a nasty gut ache. :puke:

I once had a possum take a bite out of a brand new bridgii pup, but that's just ridiculous.

Damn...it's interesting to see that it found it tasty enough to eat that much of it. I wonder if a crow's brain is similar enough to ours that it would have ended up tripping?

Arrr.. gutted!

I'd chop the tip off and trim the damage- it will probably re-root even if it's only an inch high.

Otherwise if it continues to grow it may develop a big lean.

I wonder if a crow's brain is similar enough to ours that it would have ended up tripping?

I thought it may have gone for the moisture content & wondered the same thing, mabe thats why it was sitting on the fence havin a cackle

Its time for a old school sling shot or blow dart that fucker & eat him :ana:

Edited by mac

Lets just hope that crow has a bad trip haha.

It should grow fine as it is, but it will be butt-ugly - i would probably just stump it and let it pup.

Time to buy an air rifle aye?

The crow is sending you a message, to see what it has seen you must follow the path they are mapping for you.

Its time for a old school sling shot or blow dart that fucker & eat him :ana:

new school....Avitrol, lsd for nuisance birds

IME thigns will bite stuff they are unsure about and realise it tastes like shit and then not try again. So it may be a one off thing, or maybe not....

Avitrol it is dangerous to non-target animals

i doubt a scarecrow would work crows are smart buggers

The crow is sending you a message

:wink:

The crow is sending you a message.

I iz lieks to eat cacties.

Bhut Jolokia & garlic juice strained & sprayed. They will only ever touch it once, works on fruit bats as well.

If you get it (chilli) on your skin it burns so much you start getting an endorphin rush so wear gloves & keep milk handy.

If you have a sadistic steak like my eldest & his mates it makes for a mornings entertainment watching the offending critter trying to get it off its soft tissues. doesnt kill but they never come back!

id blame a cocky before id blame the crow.

biggest pest to my cacti garden is freaking kangaroos! though they only ever take one good bite.

My own theory, territorial, We have all seen birds sharpen their beak on a branch as a territorial/dominance display? I guess thats how it started then turned into a frenzied chomp fest. We have 5 chooks that free range the yard during the day maybe it was a display to them the chooks in their pen could have seen the bird from the top of that cactus & vice versa or maybe a dispay for the maggies & carrawongs that also visit.

Could have been a cockie or another bird but I'd put my money on that bloody crow, if you look in that first pic closely you can see big straight grooves which to my mind suit a crow more than a cockie & the mongrel was just to bloody 'cockie sitting on the fence farking away probly still part of his display or maybe returning to the scene of the crime.

Hope he does'nt come back but then again maybe its a good excuse to just grow more?, since I gotta bloody share.

Thanks for the tea & sympathy, so bloody depressing when ever shit like this happens (kids pulled out acuminata seedling this morn) considering time & more importantly love that goes in, but I soon recover & just a good reason to plant more. One for the kids, one for the crows & one for me. I'd be so gutted in Kanje's situ though maybe one for the tea leafs aswell eh?

yeah incognito might be onto something there have seen many sulpher (yellow) crested cockys doing the same with other plants & they are messy eaters much like what they do to almond trees , sunflower seeds etc chomp & chew the husk spit it out until they get to the nut or what they are after inside

a crow would prefer to go after your chooks, had one attacking the kids pidgins the other day so i would point the finger at the cockys

also cockys have a good memory so if he did not like the taste he wont be back, BUT if it likes it expect it to come back once or twice a year :ana: