The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Siggor

islamophobia

just wondering if anybody watched this doco on abc on think on sunday night, showing how the western world portraits islamic people? through the media and shows different concepts of them shown in hollywood and such throughout the past.

awesome doco. just forget the name of it

My dad thinks that muslims LOVE killing each other. He believes that killing is part of their religion and we need to protect ourselves from them. The reason we need to protect ourselves from them is that they HATE us (by that he means christians) because we live in a civilised and 'peaceful' society.

When i try to show him statistics revealing otherwise he just discredits them.

THe countries with the highest murder rates per capita and their main religions are below

1. Colombia (Catholic)

2. South Africa (80% Catholic)

3. Jamaica (65% Christian)

4. Venezuela (96% Catholic)

5. Russia (95% Christian)

6. Mexico (88% Catholic 6% Protestant)

7. Estonia (Christian, couldn't find stats)

8. Latvia (Lutheranism and their own religion, couldn't find stats)

9. Lithuanai (79% Catholic)

10. Blearus (Bit of mix between pagan and christianity)

11. Ukraine (97% christian)

12.Papa new guinea (97% christian)

13.Kyrgyzstan (75% Muslim 25% christian)

So a predominately muslim country makes it to number 13.

I really don't know where all this muslim hatred comes from ( I do, the media but why?) but it is very apparent in our society. I even hear things on the news as describing criminals (usually terrorsts) as having MUSLIM APPEARANCE! THats about as logical as desribing someone as having left handed appearance. I seen Koschi have a go at muslims before on sunrise!

My mum has even told me stories of having been seated on a plane next to a 'towelhead' and freaking out but then explaining that she relaxed as if he let off a bomb then she'd be dead anyway, no matter where she was seated. BUt the point is she thought she was facing imminent death.

Another friend of mine is half spanish and half aussie mongrel and he always gets 'randomly selected' to have his person bomb tested at the airport every time.

I don't understand why the media continues to bash muslims, i thought we as a society had got passed that.

I think it's safe to guess that you haven't watched the documentary linked to above or looked into the violence, depravity & stupidity inherent in this disgusting religion have you?

Murder rate is irrelevant to what your father is saying too BTW, why don't you dig up the stats on who commits the most religiously motivated murders these days? (I'd say muslims rate pretty high on the list)

Bahahahah.... Koschi...that's one fucker I'd love to bum fuck with a bridgesii...I can't stand that piece of shit...he is one of the very few people I genuinely hate on this planet...truly one of the biggest idiots of the modern era.

I don't understand why the media continues to bash muslims, i thought we as a society had got passed that.

also Bahahahah...no way man... it's simmering away constantly, and always will be from now on...at the Christmas dinner table my "polictically incorrect" father said very little... but the few words he did utter where Muslim bashing and narrow minded...my wife is sitting right across from him and is Muslim....truly him and Koschi are of the same mould..it's a dead heat for the race of the biggest idiots.

many old school Aussies are totally racist and have a deep hatred for Muslims...well pretty much anyone else really who isn't white and middle class...they stand united with a glass of beer in one hand and a zighiel with the other.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

i feel sorry for you baphomet. it must be really depressing being so stupid. it makes me sad thinking about how miserable your life must be :(

(c'mon i'm waiting for a reply.... i'm assuming that as usual you have a great deal of time on your hands & nothing better to do than spout your ignorance...yeah? just don't give yourself a hernia mate, you don't need anything else to be angry & miserable about, you have enough to keep you busy for a while huh)

Edited by Paradox

it was "reel bad arabs;how hollywood vilifies a people"...or something real close to that...wish i'd seen it...oh well..think its on youtube

Edited by freakazoid

many old school Aussies are totally racist and have a deep hatred for Muslims

Islam is not a race, it's a religion. Lets make a clear distinction between racism and hatred of muslims, they are not one and the same.

Edited by baphomet

every society needs a scapegoat or two

although possibly the definition of murder is different in muslim nations? just a guess

there are so many dangerous factions on this planet, i just can't get myself worked up over muslims. the united states, with their immense military arsenal including chemical, biological and experimental weaponry, and their track record of bullying the planet into submission, are the main cause of my concern.

Islam is not a race, it's a religion. Lets make a clear distinction between racism and hatred of muslims, they are not one and the same.

So what do call it then when people say words like rag head and the like...?

popcorn anyone...

i personally think hate for muslims and hate for persons of middle eastern heritage are pretty much the same thing out here in middleclass whitee town anyway..mind you i find both forms of hate distasteful to say the least...

Can we give "Warn points" out to those who feed our resident bigoted arrogant ignorant cunt?

it was "reel bad arabs;how hollywood vilifies a people"...or something real close to that...wish i'd seen it...oh well..think its on youtube

yeah awesome doco got to catch the last half of the doco, showing how we view muslims and how only the new filmmakers show them in a true color not only the bad side but also good side, basically saying why should we vilify the whole race when only part of the race is to blame.

Edited by spudamore

MORG he seems to be tolerated (by admins) so i fail to see how punishing people for engaging him is fair. report his posts if you think it's warranted.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Bah....rubbish......I'm old school, and I think muslim women look sexy dressed up like ninjas

I reckon a lot of women would look better dressed up as ninja's.

I imagine it would be quite convenient if a woman was say.. ugly & hairy and too lazy to put on make up to just throw on a ninja hood, their husbands would use less paper bags too making ninja hoods environmentally friendly.

Can we give "Warn points" out to those who feed our resident bigoted arrogant ignorant cunt?

Give yourself some warn points morgue cause you just gave me my new signature, one of your recent ones was "swine flu is allahs answer to christians" so my new one will be "bunker busters are gods answer to muslims", if any admin wants to discipline me for this they can do so but they will just be proving my point about double standards.

MORG he seems to be tolerated (by admins) so i fail to see how punishing people for engaging him is fair. report his posts if you think it's warranted.

You can report me.. but not without being a hypocritical ignorant cunt.

The difference Baphomet is that I was being clever.

You can report me.. but not without being a hypocritical ignorant cunt.

Is that sort of like the hypocrisy where you lambast people for thinking certain drugs should be decriminalised (or legalised), but happily oblige members under the age of 18 with where to pick schedule 9 mushrooms and facilitate picking trips yourself?

Or is morq a different sort of ignorant hypocrite?

Edited by apothecary

By the way Baph, which God are you suggesting is employing bunker busters?

You're not a Christian now are you?

Hundreds of people have died as a result of Muslims being offended over cartoons.

While the media is afraid to even mention the existance of far more offensive activities being practiced by Muslims as it is politically incorrect

Calling it FGM as it is culturally insensitive to call cutting off the clit Mutilation

"FGM is so politically and culturally sensitive that even the terminology used to talk about it is fraught.

RANZCOG recommends that the terms "female circumcision" be used when dealing with local communities.

Western countries, including Australia, tend to use the term FGM, but the reference to "mutilation" can be offensive to communities where the practice is not only accepted but considered sacred and aesthetically pleasing.

However, RANZCOG guidelines advise doctors against using the Islamic term Sunna, which implies religious obligation and could be seen as endorsing the practice. "

You wonder what sick bastard invented this tradition

what about male genital mutilation?

what about tens of thousands of dead in iraq?