The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
santiago

Help me i need energy

I seem to be lacking energy lately. Before i go to sleep at night i seem to tell myself 'i will' achieve a simple task tomorrow, for example, giving my car a good service, getting some quality weeding done or a spring clean of the house. I sleep very well, wake up in the morning and remember i have lots to do, i should be doing it....then i really become a bit lethargic about it all, dont really have the energy or the motivation to get it completed. Hence i usually about 5pm get a few things rushed in the last minute and once again dont achieve what i really should.

In reality i feel i have lost it, i can still be very energetic and motivated at work for example, then in my home life i dont get 10% done what i really could. Is this just the natural aging process, do men just become more sedentary as they become older, am i experiencing just the same as every other bloke, why then do i feel disappointed when i see others doing so much with their spare time, or is this just a little snippet and not the whole picture.

Was hoping a there would be a few suggestions of how i can get of my ass and make more of a go with it, obviously in context with this forum do any readers have any suggestions in the way of diet or maybe even suggestions of herbs, seeds etc(legal). I am early 30's, fit and healthy, no weight issues and do not partake of to much radical shit. Or is it perhaps more of a mental thing, could be both....can anybody help me to get off my ass just a little bit more. Thanks :wink:

reduce or cease cannabis use.

multi-vitamins may help, as may exercise.

reduce or cease cannabis use.

multi-vitamins may help, as may exercise.

Good points TI...MJ is not an issue i dont use it, you might have a point with the exercise...i have put on a few kgs im up to 81 now i have always been 75, yes multivitamins and berocca etc seems an easy fix, it has worked in situations of lethargy before, just looking for something a bit more insightful in regards to herbal shop remedies, spices, you know some thought provoking stuff, then again maybe im just a lazy prick haha.

any thing unusual going on with your partner....?

Winter can also have an effect on energy...there is a syndrome called SAD seasonal affected disorder which many people have and when ever the colder darker months come along they feel lazy and get depressed and prefer to procrastinate rather then get out and do stuff.

H

Depression can manifest in such lost motivation.

Exercise will help, I have the same issue and understand how low it can make you feel so perhaps it is a bit of an endless circle, you may have been depressed so you didnt do some housely duties, not doing said duties makes you feel worse, so you are even more unmotivated to do the house work and so on it goes. Find a place to break this cycle and maybe you'll see the problem improve, but i know how much this is easier said than done because i have yet to manage it myself.

Peace

Wake up earlier and start the day with some sport like jogging for example, it will give you a boost trhoughout the day. Coca leaves are a plus too if you are in a place where it is legal of course.

all of the above, plus take some tyrosine in the mornign with a hearty breakfast. This will increase dopamine levels and will make getting motivated MUCH easier.

Also, how old are you? around the 40-45 you should expect a drop in testosterone and this often manifests itself in motivational problems first as it drags down the dopamine levels. Another option is thyroid problems and you can get them tested easily.

oh yeah, and make sure to look into this while you still have the motivation. seriously, lots of people leave it for a while and then get used to it.

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. (as told to me by my late Grandma).

Seems to work. I'd also say try something like St Johns Wort. Mild depression will destroy motivation.

Thanks for the advice all i will work on some of those suggestions. I suppose its a matter of fact of getting of my ass in the mornings and just doing it. Mind you i wish i liked coffee a bit more, if i get my percolater crankin and down 3 strong cups in a row in the morning suddenly i cant stop (strange that). Interesting about the onset of mild depression, i friggin well hope not as i have seen friends almost change a lot and gain weight when they start on paroxatine and so on, im not ready for that. Seems that a more healthy diet and some suppliments to be the best fix for now, then again who knows...the small amount i do achieve in a day, may seem a lot to another. Maybe the grass is always greener on the other side.

Are you a vegetarian? Or do you smoke tobacco? I find i get lethargic when i don't have enough protein (i'm vego) and i get real lethargic when i smoke tobacco. Iw uit recently but unfortunately i've started again (why????? I'm wuitting again at the end of this packet, so sick of it)

Anyway this is my anti-lethargy diet.

Wake up as early as possible. Have a small amount of muesli with yoghourt. Then make a protein shake from 1 cup of rice milk (or normal milk if you can handle it), 2 tablespoons of whey protein, 1 teaspoon of ground mucuna (contains l-dopa) and 2 tablespoons of cocoa, sweeten with whatever and chug down. THere's always lumpy bits but try get it all down.

I don't eat much so this keeps me crankin most of the day. So eat whatever you normall eat during the day. Try to have lots of small meals rather than a few big ones too.

Go to bed as early as possible, getting up early helps this as you're nackered by the end of the day.