The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
santiago

2012 end of the world

What is the go with the year 2012?

Seems to be a common consensis that this year has some signifigance. How and why, whats going to happen and do you really think its true?

Personally i dont believe it but im a sceptic by nature.

Im not knocking it, as a matter of fact im hoping that everybody fills in the blanks of what i mentioned above.

How, why, when, where....and should i start stocking up on beef jerky and batteries.

stocking up on batteries and jerky is good. but a large weapons depot and lots of drugs might be a good one too......lol :slap:

2012 - I just believe that the years around it come with great change. changes mean addaptation.

so if you look around..... you will see the changes happening around you already. my personal view is that people will find a way to addapt. if they do not addapt quick enough,... the result is usually suffering. some will die in the process and others will survive.

Take for example world war 2. Many have died unnecesarily,.... but allot have also survived. Some survived so much crap. Harsh conditions we can probably harly imagine. < hahaha....so if that doenst make you hopefull

dude........ just chill...... you will know when it is time to act. ( when the shit hits the fan, that is when you duck!) maybe join/contribute to save the whales or save the oceans if you really feel the need.....

perhaps think of how you can live on alternative energy...... To help facilitate change!

be well

What is the go with the year 2012?

Seems to be a common consensis that this year has some signifigance. How and why, whats going to happen and do you really think its true?

Personally i dont believe it but im a sceptic by nature.

Im not knocking it, as a matter of fact im hoping that everybody fills in the blanks of what i mentioned above.

How, why, when, where....and should i start stocking up on beef jerky and batteries.

My interpretation is, Its basically much a resetting of the astronomical clock like a odometer winding over & starting back at 0 ,

The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is a non-repeating, vigesimal (base-20) calendar used by several Mesoamerican cultures, most notably the Maya. For this reason, it is sometimes known as the Maya (or Mayan) Long Count calendar. Using a modified vigesimal tally, the Long Count calendar identifies a day by counting the number of days passed since August 11, 3114 BCE in the proleptic Gregorian or September 6, 3114 BCE in the Julian calendar, (−3113 astronomical year numbering).[1] It was widely used on monuments.

Look at the wiki explanation about 2012 Mesoamerican Long Count calendar http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_and_the_..._the_Long_Count

Then you have others who read into this as being the 2012 doomsday prediction & prophecies

Planet X/Nibiru creating a pole shift blah blah blah...

Other prophecies reported by the same channel as considered by its documentary makers to be relevant to 2012 are The Book of Revelation, by John of Patmos, the Sibylline Books, the Quatrains and what the History Channel has dubbed the 'Lost Book of Nostradamus' (actually the Vaticinia Nostradami, a mis-attributed version of a collection of prophetic papal emblems from long before his time known as the Vaticinia de Summis Pontificibus) and the Prophecy of the Popes, by Saint Malachy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction

Edited by mac

As i said im a sceptic, woof i am pretty chilled about it anyway because for one its out of my control. So im approaching my mid 30's anyway so lets say it is the end in 2012, in reality 2050 is probably my death date anyway statistically.

A quick bit of research brings up the info that it is Nostradamus himself who has predicted this, of course his poems can mean a great many things and in reality probably what he wrote is similar to your daily horoscope, in which it can be interpreted many ways depending on circumstances that eventually unfold. Also the mayan civilisation who were advanced in mathematics, astronomy, engineering and had a great understanding of time and space formulated a long count calender, the great cycle as they call it will end on 21st of december 2012.

There is also some speculation, that Presidant Obama is the third anti christ after napoleon and hitler and nostradamus has linked this with somebody called mabus.

So what will happen? The earth will undergo a major magnetic shift, the polarity of the planet will be reversed, or will an asteroid collide with the planet, or could it be something more simple as an earlier than sceduled enviromental disaster coupled by social chaos, war and change.

Anyone who is remotely interested in Nostradamus as a man and wants to read first hand an account of him as a man this may interest you.

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=S9ryZS...snum=2#PPA57,M1

He could probably be interpreted as a shamen due to his in depth knowledge of drugs, which in those days was generally plant material.

On a lighter note i did just see a well known furniture and whitegoods store, narvey horman with no repayments until 2012, if you believe this crap then spend up big ya paranoid fucker heheh. :wink:

it is at the least a fun toy to play with in an often mundane world........

but seriously after the planetary alinement in 1986[?] i dismissed such ideas as merely memes .but since the emergence of merkaba and opening up of the occult schools seems related to that date i have become more open to 2012.my world does seem to have changed since then but so subtle it took years to see it.

some say earth consciousness is moving up to the 5th level but that a new teq is being trialed.

instead of destroying the old world the plan is to superimpose the new on to the old.

so most people wont know anything has happened.......while some may have a greater access to higher levels than previous.....i'm hoping controlled telepathy will open up[psinet]......others are talking about pole shifts and saying that your brain may be wiped if you are not unconscious or on aya and nmda antagonist........

t s t .

barak looks quite reptilian to me with his blue lips!

Edited by t st tantra

2012 is the last year of the quickening...this year and next are the second last stages then the last being 2012 is where human evolution peaks....the pyramids are built to show this and the point is symbolic of our end or start of something new...there is a french archeologist who calculated a formula based around the pyramids and the long count calendar and he explained what he thought is to happen but for the life of me I can't find the video...when I do I will post it as it's really a fascinating piece of mathematics and physics.

H.

heard of the 'hall of records' but some fellow says the great pyramid was originally covered with images which depicted the whole of history,past and future.......'the wall of records'.

until the muslims defaced it for building material.

t s t .

Its their way or the highway, They also got rid of the Bamiyan Budda statues in Afghanistan..

.Some people like to take advantage of these types of foretold dates... Altho The thing i heard from the mayan point of view is that the planets Aline , or at least thats how i understand it, and thats been confirmed by nasa, so it just be me that.

if anything happens is a cool waiting game :)

On a lighter note i did just see a well known furniture and whitegoods store, narvey horman with no repayments until 2012, if you believe this crap then spend up big ya paranoid fucker heheh. :wink:

you don't half think harvey norman is taking advantage of this kind of ridiculous thinking? besides you would have to start making repayments january 2012, whereas the eschaton is not until december of that year.

has anybody got a link to show a planetary alignment? i've heard this theory but from the wrong people, i've never seen any web page that gives any credence to it.

by the way santiago i'm being a bit hypocritical here (but i'm slowly learning), this didn't need to be a new thread, there are plenty of pre existing 2012 threads you can just revive an old one if you want some conversation on the matter, and you'd even get to read what has already been said here on the subject.

i think maybe it will be the synchronicity of all synchronicities, results of which i can only make dumb guesses about.

2012 is the last year of the quickening... like in 'Highlander'?

i think 2012 is a load of horseshit which is gonna make alot of marketing companys very rich.

just my 2c.

2012 is the last year of the quickening... like in 'Highlander'?

i think 2012 is a load of horseshit which is gonna make alot of marketing companys very rich.

just my 2c.

Mr Nito I'll give you a chance to win your cactus garden back after you miss identified that pinky as a bream... :P ...and bet you that something significant to mankind does happen around 2012....wanna take the bet... :wink:

H.

Mr Nito I'll give you a chance to win your cactus garden back after you miss identified that pinky as a bream... :P ...and bet you that something significant to mankind does happen around 2012....wanna take the bet... :wink:

H.

I think there will be something significant I don't really believe all this end of the world crap I just think more along the lines of evolution in human conciousness maybe a new Aeon as such . First Aeon being that of the feminine where nature worship , the aeon of the masculine /male /farther was next where societyies conciousnes moved towards the domineering male aspect such as the patriarchal controls of christianity and Islam and other masculine entities , the aeon of the Son which is now has resulted in a balnce in mindset ( to some extent ) freedom of will , freedom o0f mind , investigating and developing ones own morals instead of blindly axccepting what is dictated by the powers that be a correcting of human consciousness although i also feel to some extent the bonds from the last aeon have not been fully broken there is definitely a distincrt change in the human mindset in general.

So what is next ?in what direction will the current of human conciousness flow ?I certainly have no idea but I sense it to be a good thing and somnething for us to look forward too

From memory the Maya predicted that it would have something to do with the sun...solar flare, sun spot ....something of that nature....perhaps a super virus like the plague will wipe out a huge part of earths population....a meteor....actually I'm all for a massive catastrophe the world would take some serious reshaping economically and socially and maybe the humans that remained would have a completely different mind set and this time set up living in a more harmonious way with nature and earth.

interesting times ahead...but yeah there are now many many threads on this topic here....they need to be integrated as there is like 4 or 5 from memory.

H.

From memory the Maya predicted that it would have something to do with the sun...solar flare, sun spot ....something of that nature....perhaps a super virus like the plague will wipe out a huge part of earths population....a meteor....actually I'm all for a massive catastrophe the world would take some serious reshaping economically and socially and maybe the humans that remained would have a completely different mind set and this time set up living in a more harmonious way with nature and earth.

interesting times ahead...but yeah there are now many many threads on this topic here....they need to be integrated as there is like 4 or 5 from memory.

H.

Cool so the first place it will hit is washington & second Geneva closely followed by the Vatican & Medina if thats the case I say bring forth the catastrophe it can only bring good things

Cool so the first place it will hit is washington & second Geneva closely followed by the Vatican & Medina if thats the case I say bring forth the catastrophe it can only bring good things

i was actually told once by some chick on the train the said she was psyhic that i will survive such a catasrophe ... just walked up and started talking to me n telling me all this freaky stuff , funny thing is i know a cple people this has happened too different person has approached each one of them ... freaky coincidence or we have a cult of crazy pple living somewhere near by who knows probably not a great deal of relevance either although discussing this topic always brings the thought to the front of my mind

by the way santiago i'm being a bit hypocritical here (but i'm slowly learning), this didn't need to be a new thread, there are plenty of pre existing 2012 threads you can just revive an old one if you want some conversation on the matter, and you'd even get to read what has already been said here on the subject.

Yeh i know, but unfortunately from my limited time on forums i have come to realise the reason why a lot of threads end up full of bullshit is because well meaning people like yourself just dont just let threads be threads, mate if i have got 3 hours spare to peruse the corroboree thread database and or look up key words with '2012' as the search word i would. I dont. Just think of this thread as a refresher course, and regardless if it is just a different thread on the same subject, the point is what is the current spin on the matter, how do you feel about it now and in what context is the initial qustion asked.

I suppose the qustion now is if something happens in 2012, what will it be, either you are in two groups. the first is the ignorant or just plain never heard of this prediction shit before, the second is basically all ethneo's, book readers, mayans and astronomers. The first group will just have to wing it and run for their lives (if it happens), the second group (us) can prepare. But how can you prepare if you dont know what to prepare for, what do you save for food, petrol or arsenic.

Could it be a lot more simple than we imagine, sun flares, asteroids, viruses are all a threat but what if it was simple enough as oil running out. im not saying thats it but can you imagine if oil just literally ran out, so much for planes, trains, boats, cars, condoms, tupperware, stackhats. world order would need to be restored, when will oil run out or do we have an endless supply?

When oil runs out we can use mushrooms and travel anywhere we like for free... :P

there is a third group, they've heard about it and don't think it's any more relevant than any other unfulfilled doomsday prophecy.

what are we preparing for? i only have personal guesses as to the relevance of the eschaton. preparing for social collapse is something i want to do anyway. preparation for 2012, to me, is more like preparing for a consciousness shift, getting oneself sufficiently grounded and sufficiently pliant of mind to handle whatever changes come.

Yeh i know, but unfortunately from my limited time on forums i have come to realise the reason why a lot of threads end up full of bullshit is because well meaning people like yourself just dont just let threads be threads, mate if i have got 3 hours spare to peruse the corroboree thread database and or look up key words with '2012' as the search word i would. I dont. Just think of this thread as a refresher course, and regardless if it is just a different thread on the same subject, the point is what is the current spin on the matter, how do you feel about it now and in what context is the initial qustion asked.

no offense (as i said, i'm saying this hypocritically) but that's a cop-out. it only takes three hours to search threads because of unnecessary new threads like this, and it doesn't even take three minutes in reality. look up 2012 in thread title only. i won't argue this any further just consider it next time.

point taken thunderideal, yes i will consider your advice next time, i dont think this thread is unnecessary as it has provided information that was static on other threads, mate if im gonna die in 2012 the last thing i care about is starting a thread. :P

just what the world needs, more people acting like they've got nothing to lose and using something they have no understanding of to justify themselves.

Hell yea, thunder your the man. Negative posters like you keep people like me motivated, well done.

Now back on topic, i could have never imagined the Nibiru or Planet X responsible for life on planet earth. While trying to look up planets aligning, which seems to be a falicy in our lifetime, this comet like mystery planet which only orbits once every 3600 years is intruiging. Could it be true.

An old friend of mine once said when i was a kid, the earth evolved as per darwins theory eg proof of dinosaurs and sea bugs but then aliens crash landed here and reproduced with monkeys for survival of self species. This Nibiru theory is the closest thing resembling that manic thought.

Apparently that planets coming back from orbit within reach to earth.

Once again, view the link for brain fodder.

aliens reproducing with monkeys? lol well this IS a 2012 thread! :P

thanks for the mental images. :lol:

while some may have a greater access to higher levels than previous.....i'm hoping controlled telepathy will open up[psinet]......others are talking about pole shifts and saying that your brain may be wiped if you are not unconscious or on aya and nmda antagonist........

No, they too will be left behind, this will be an evolution from matter to pure spirit. The only way that we can reach the 5th dimension of consciousness is to leave this earthly body behind at the time of the great change (Dec 21st 2012) You are all invited to join our group of like minded people who will be meeting on this date at a sacred site and shedding our earthly skin so that we may ascend together to a higher state of consciousness.

But first you must leave all your earthly possessions behind, they are attachments to the lower self and will hinder your chances of evolution to the 5th dimension. You must surrender all these anchors of the spirit to 'The Great Leader' (me) who will provide you with all you need until the time of the great ascent.

Love & light.

Edited by baphomet

anyone seen the add on late night tv for a phone service where you sent your name and birth details and get sent your date of death?

the example gives a date of death of 21/12/2012.....hit on head by coconut!

so in december 2012 the earth will pass through a swarm of intergalactic coconuts which will result in at least one death.......lol

t s t .