The Corroboree

Also, why couldn't i discuss salvia splendens if i wanted to? I love their red flowers. Really pretty. Anyone else like them?

S_RC_SM

1 - A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

2 - A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

3 - The use of sarcasm. See synonyms at wit

Can i buy a vowel?

I'll do my best just to contribute good information if you guys will only do the same.

Please.

i might post a link to some old pages, but let's remeber is those days extracting sally was legal, and now it's not!

in australia, and some europaen and american countries/states, salvia is illegal, but in most of the world the following link would be still a workable and very interresting tek.

i have played with this plant myselfe and by following this tek one can easely create crystalls, enjoy.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...amp;mode=linear

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...d&pid=39079

if i remeber correctly one would:

1, crush up lots of dried salvia herb, and put into a container and add aceton, than macerate the mixture.

2, after a few h of soaking / stiring once in a while a bit, collect the green aceton liquid in a new vessel.

3, put more new aceton onto the herb and stir and soak again for maybe even day's. than collect the green aceton and new aceton again. as a rule 3 or 4 times adding/removing is enough.

4, now, put the green aceton salvia thru a coffee filter and than let it evaporate on a plate, save from any fire danger.

once the liquid is quite thick put not too thick, you add shelite, naphta or white spirit.

you add the same voume as you got green aceton liquid in a nice glassjar so you can see the seperation of the two layers.

the principle is simple, all the wanted goodies are in the aceton and now by adding shelite all of the unwanted stuff should move to the shelite and as such purification begins.

after mixing the two liquids and waiting for seperation, one removes the shelite and keps the aceton, and this you repeat 3 to 5 times.

5, now you add iso to the aceton and stir and wait and seperate, again 5 times or so,

like before with the shellite/naphta.

6, depending on your skills your yield of salvia csystalls will vary, but i menaged to get salvia crystalls on my second attempt. when you add the first time shellite or naphta maybe don't mix those two liquids too hard at the beginning as at time emulsions can form.

7, let the leftover liquid of aceton evaporate, and you are left with pretty pure x-talls. :wub:

to make a 5 x salvia, you just soak the herb in aceton and than pour the resulting green liquid over the mathimatical exact ammount of dried salvia herb. or better just roughly if you have 500g of dried herb extracted into the liquid you could add that to 100g of herb.

aswell we discussed here the abilety to hand pollinate salvia divinorum flowers,

and some growers reported sucess with this methode.

salvia seeds are very rarly produced, and are difficult to germinate, or to grow.

having a variety of salvia plants, might be the key to create new salvia strains,

but i know only of two stories of people producing ther own seeds and both were located in tropical higher altidude venues, if i am not mistaken.

i will try to post a link to our,

salvia handpollination thread, if i can find it...

Edited by planthelper

Thank you so much Planthelper! :)

aswell we discussed here the abilety to hand pollinate salvia divinorum flowers,

and some growers reported sucess with this methode.

salvia seeds are very rarly produced, and are difficult to germinate, or to grow.

having a variety of salvia plants, might be the key to create new salvia strains,

but i know only of two stories of people producing ther own seeds and both were located in tropical higher altidude venues, if i am not mistaken.

i will try to post a link to our,

salvia handpollination thread, if i can find it...

I would love to hear everything you can tell me about the flowering, pollinating and harvesting of seeds of Salvia divinorum!

I am collecting as many different clones as possible so that I have a good bit of genetic diversity for when I try to get viable seed!

Currently I have the following clones-

Salvia divinorum "Wasson & Hofmann" or "Bunnell" clone

Salvia divinorum "Standard Blosser" or "Palatable" clone

Salvia divinorum "Owens" clone

Salvia divinorum "Luna" clone

Salvia divinorum "Unknown" clone

Hello Teotz' !

Pics would be great ! I remember that the Luna clone has a very different shape, more rounded leaves. You have a nice collection !

As for the genetic diversity, wasn't it a bit "narrow" from the start ? Since it comes from a unique and little place in Mexico ?

I read that they inundated a whole valley in the sierra mazateca near Huautla and all with a dam a long time ago...i couldn't help to think that maybe it was the Salvia's parents sole ecosystem and maybe we lost some unique Salvias...

As for the genetic diversity, wasn't it a bit "narrow" from the start ? Since it comes from a unique and little place in Mexico ?

Yup. I have actually been wondering if all these different clones (except the ones grown from seed) are all the same since they were all collected in the Sierra Mazateca, and Salvia divinorum only occurs there in cultivation, not in the wild.... (all that is correct right?)

Salvia divinorum is NOT found in the wild anywhere, correct?

I read that they inundated a whole valley in the sierra mazateca near Huautla and all with a dam a long time ago...i couldn't help to think that maybe it was the Salvia's parents sole ecosystem and maybe we lost some unique Salvias...

Damn, seriously? I have never heard of that. I was thinking of traveling to Mexico one day (not now) to attempt to find some Salvia divinorum in the wild or to find Salvia divinorum's evolutionary ancestor. Wouldn't that be neat?

*One a side Note*- I AM SO GLAD THIS THREAD TURNED OUT LIKE THIS! I LOVE POSTING INFORMATION FOR YOU GUYS! AND I ALWAYS LOVE THE INTELLIGENT CONVERSATION HERE AT THE CORROBOREE! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTED SOMETHING WORTHWHILE! AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO PLANTHELPER!

Edited by Teotz'

ok this is a link to one of our salvia disscussions we had here before, and it includes auxins list of salvia chromosone charts!

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...t=0&start=0

and here the link to a site talking about salia divinorum seed production.

http://www.members.cox.net/sageseeds/

i might just add a few pic's i posted before from a guy called sea mac, which obviously lives in a climat that sally realy likes.

post-70-1242468738.jpg

post-70-1242468768_thumb.jpg

post_70_1213997015_thumb.jpg

20070613eastsidegang.jpg

post_70_1213997015_thumb.jpg

20070613eastsidegang.jpg

Well you could discuss Salvia splendens... that would make me very happy... I may know of another Salvia species which is psychoactive!

ive heard that a splendens extract smokes similar to a divinorum one.

been meaning to do this for years!

I'm very interested in Salvia splendens as well as Salvia spathacea.

They seem to show a lot of promise!

Edited by Teotz'

Planthelper: Bastard! When I first saw those pics on edot, I dreamt about the sally plants I no longer have (due to the mother-f*cking illegality issue) for weeks. Obviously the Californian climate does good things for Sally.

Incognito: S.splendens is good stuff, especially when blended with Salvia elegans (Pineapple sage) and in conjunction with copious quantities of beer :wacko: . I've got to get around to testing my Salvia involucrata (?) as it's blooms have ultra resiny bracts which seem like they could be tasty. One source states it has 11 chromosomes, (but another says 7), which if true could led itself to interesting hybridisation with other 11 chr. sp.

Teotz': Welcome back! :lol:

Thanks Mate!

I got 1 email back from the "Hybrid" dude...

My 1st Email I sent-

It says on your site- "Canteberry was originally treated as a hoax, but proven by DNA testing in a English lab to be a unique strian of Salvia. Further testing confirmed the growers claims of higher salvinorin A content. Growers of this Salvia strain are boasting a 12% to18% increase in Salvinorin A over other strains. "

Can you tell me about the origins of this strain? Can you give me sources and links to the test?

Where did you get these numbers? Will you please link me to a source?

Did this strain spring up from seed? How did this clone come about?

I am interested in purchasing plants if this strain is really what you say it is!!!

-Teotzlcoatl

1st response from Salvia divinorum "Hybrid" Vendor-

Thanks for interest in the Canteberry. Until the mother plants develop more, we can only root a few a week. But, by the end of summer we will be able to handle bulk orders.

Seed grown in Amsterdam from a Blosser mother

and a Hoffman pollenator in the fall of 2008

thanks

My 2nd Email I sent-

Please respond.

We are investigating this at the vendors forums on edot and I will make sure that the whole community knows the truth behind the "Canterberry Hybrid".

Is this hybrid the real deal? Is it everything you claim it is? Please offer proof.

-Teotzlcoatl

2nd response from Salvia divinorum "Hybrid" Vendor-

OK, thanks for the word of mouth advertisng. I am now swamped with orders for all varieties.

So please be patient while waiting for your order.

I send 2 or 3 more emails (because they didn't really answer shit) and they have not responded in over 2 weeks :(

This sounds like a scam! Although I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it's true!

Edited by Teotz'

Thanks Mate!

I got 1 email back from the "Hybrid" dude...

My 1st Email I sent-

1st response from Salvia divinorum "Hybrid" Vendor-

My 2nd Email I sent-

2nd response from Salvia divinorum "Hybrid" Vendor-

I send 2 or 3 more emails (because they didn't really answer shit) and they have not responded in over 2 weeks :(

This sounds like a scam! Although I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it's true!

LMAO...I don't see a single response to any of your questions there at all...are they politicians or something...soooo good at avoiding the questions at hand or what...!!!

H.

Thanks P.H.

It's good to be back!

Hey Teotz whats your thoughts on how much direct sun Salvia like...are they a full shade plant or would they like some sun, full sun, filtered all day sun...an hour a day...any idea's...?

H.

I had an absolute Salvia EXPLOSION of growth while I was gone.

It was very rainy and humid and then quickly sunny again.... frequent but short showers followed by humidity and intense sunlight (all day filtered, as full as possible).

Best growth I ever had (back when it was legal) was in a greenhouse made out of that ugly green corrugated fiberglass stuff and a microjet mist watering system (a previous tenant thoughtfully left this hidden behind a shed - not even the landlord knew about it!). Strongish but filtered sunlight for about half a day (shade for the other half), even temps and high humidity had those babies growing like triffids on steroids.

when it was legal, the best crop i ever grew was in orange nsw, where temps get well below zero over winter. i had it under my southern balcony,which was roofed with that green plastic corrogate stuff lol (whats that stuff called? i and the sal love the stuff)

would die right down over winter, sometime i thought it was dead for certain. come spring time, which was very mild, she would jump up in all her splendour and flower her brains out.

ive met one lady in the bluemountains who professes to have had it growing like a weed!!!!

the mountains and orange share very similar climes.

i used to give it heeeeeeaps of the ol' blue miracle grow over the growing season.

these plants lived for over 5 years, and provided great harvests, and only suffered their fate when i moved to a hot humid climate.

Best growth I ever had (back when it was legal) was in a greenhouse made out of that ugly green corrugated fiberglass stuff and a microjet mist watering system (a previous tenant thoughtfully left this hidden behind a shed - not even the landlord knew about it!). Strongish but filtered sunlight for about half a day (shade for the other half), even temps and high humidity had those babies growing like triffids on steroids.

There has got to be something about that green corrugated stuff then.

Light white or biege shade cloth works well too. What ever material you decide to use, make sure that it doesnt filter out too much light, Its still has to be a reasonanbly well lit area.

Hunab they like filtered sun, not so much direct, and they hate it when dry. An option is under a tree, where they will receive some morning and some afternoon direct sun. Best deal in in a green house, have humidity tents handy, especially if you live in a dry climate.

Hunab they like filtered sun, not so much direct, and they hate it when dry. An option is under a tree, where they will receive some morning and some afternoon direct sun. Best deal in in a green house, have humidity tents handy, especially if you live in a dry climate.

somewhat true...

but as stated in previous Salvia threads with some effort plants will acclimatise to most conditions...

somewhat true...

but as stated in previous Salvia threads with some effort plants will acclimatise to most conditions...

agree!

Well what makes it grow the FASTEST and LARGEST leafs?!

Does anybody have any idea what Salvia divinorum's closest relative is? What species of Sage is closest to Salvia divinorum???