The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

acacia incense

http://www.mundoandino.com/Argentina/Acacia

Symbolism and ritual

The Acacia is used as a symbol in Freemasonry, to represent purity and endurance of the soul, and as funerary symbolism signifying resurrection and immortality.

Several parts of Acacia are used to make incense for rituals. Acacia is used in incense mainly in India, Nepal, Tibet and China. Smoke from Acacia bark is thought to keep demons and ghosts away and to put the gods in a good mood. Roots and resin from Acacia are combined with rhododendron, acorus, cytisus, salvia and some other components of incense. Both people and elephants like an alcoholic beverage made from acacia fruit.

According to Easton's Bible Dictionary, the Acacia tree may be the burning bush which Moses encountered in the desert

In the Quran 56:29, the acacia are mentioned as the flowers that companions in heaven will be wearing.

t s t .

Yeah mate, nice read, Thanks

"Cyanogenic glycosides

Nineteen different species of Acacia in the Americas contain cyanogenic glycosides, which, if exposed to an enzyme which specifically splits glycosides, can release hydrogen cyanide (HCN) in the acacia "leaves." This sometimes results in the poisoning death of livestock.

If fresh plant material spontaneously produces 200 ppm or more HCN, then it is potentially toxic. This corresponds to about 7.5 mmol HCN per gram of fresh plant material. It turns out that, if acacia "leaves" lack the specific glycoside-splitting enzyme, then they may be less toxic than otherwise, even those containing significant quantities of cyanic glycosides.

Some Acacia species containing cyanogens:

Acacia erioloba

Acacia cunninghamii

Acacia obtusifolia

Acacia sieberiana

Acacia sieberiana var. woodii"

Hmm do'nt recall reading that befroe, makes me think twice about obtusifolia brews, something to look into anyway.

"Famous acacia

Perhaps the most famous acacia is the Arbre du Tenere in Niger. The reason for the tree's fame is that it used to be the most isolated tree in the world, approximately 400 km from any other tree. The tree was knocked down by a truck driver in 1973."

That was just heartbreaking, what are the odds, stupid fucker.

Woulda been nice to see something on the coori's & there smoking rituals but can't have it all i guess.

its koori and that name is only taken for indigenous people in the south east of australia parts of NSW and Vic, aboriginal mobs all over australia work with different plants for smoking ceremonies across australia, depending on where you are depends on what plants are worked with for smoke.

sometimes its acacia other times its eucalyptus, often other plants too like sandalwood and boronia.

Yeah man meant no disrespect, there are actualy many different spellings:

"Koori (also spelled Koorie) is a word which some indigenous Australians in New South Wales and Victoria use to identify themselves, and has become an established term when referring to indigenous Australians from south eastern Australia.

Many indigenous Australians object to the use of the terms 'Aborigine' and 'Aboriginal', as terms which had been forced on them. They prefer to use words from their own languages. In some languages of south-east Australia (parts of New South Wales and Victoria), the words: coorie, kory, kuri, kooli, koole mean 'person' or 'people'. In the 1960s, the form koori came to be used by indigenous Australians of these areas when referring to themselves."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koori

Yeah mate I know they used more than just acacia, been lucky enough to attend a few.

Edited by shruman

yeah sweet man i didnt think you meant no disrespect at all.

the question for some of the resident brains then, is... which enzymes split glycosides, and are they present in acacia or any part of the processes performed on acacia?!!

it says i think in that link that most acacias lack the enzyme.

partly posted as i found the list of admixtures interesting......things to mix with.........

t s t .

Edited by t st tantra

article is rather vague on it "It turns out that, if acacia leaves lack the specific glycoside-splitting enzyme, then they may be less toxic than otherwise, even those containing significant quantities of cyanic glycosides." obviously, toxicity to livestock is something that gets a great deal of attention, but it says "may be less toxic", this is because cows probably do their OWN converting to some extent.

my crude research shows the human gut definitely makes the conversion. it's an issue with some foods too "Cassava products therefore need careful processing before consumption to avoid intoxication from residual amounts of cyanogenic glucosides and their degradation products."

http://www.uk.plbio.kvl.dk/plbio/cyanogen.htm

seems likely that obtus brews are, to some extent, poisonous in an unintended way

edit: i assume some boiling is involved? if so, you are actually better off if the conversion has already taken place in the leaves as the cyanogenic glucosides is more volatile and can be dealt with through boiling, blanching or fermentation.

don't pay too much attention, i'm way out of my depth.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

sorry thought it was another link i recall which went into the acacia cyanide enzyme thing a bit and ended saying only a few of the o/s ones had the enzyme.......thought it was on www but cant find it with a quick look......

t s t .

Yeah man meant no disrespect, there are actualy many different spellings:

"Koori (also spelled Koorie) is a word which some indigenous Australians in New South Wales and Victoria use to identify themselves, and has become an established term when referring to indigenous Australians from south eastern Australia.

Sorry to say it's actually Goori. Its just been mispronounced for so long that now koori is commonly accepted.

Im am Biripi myself. The Biripi people live/ed south of Forster on the mid north coast of NSW. Also Goori.

well that makes sense, to be goori, since k and g are often interchangeable in indigenous languages generally speaking.

same with b and p

here in victoria gulin and kulin same deal. and also meaning man. i know this is off topic but i am curious what language koori/goori comes from.

i'd always thought insense rather than incense.......

Incense (Latin: incendere, "to burn")[1] is composed of aromatic biotic materials. It releases fragrant smoke when burned. The term incense refers to the substance itself, rather than to the odor that it produces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incense

seems a good and interesting article........

t s t .

check this out, from here, regarding the freemason understanding of Acacia:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/mas/sof/sof30.htm

--

"But lastly, the acacia is to be considered as the symbol of INITIATION. This is by far the most interesting of its interpretations, and was, we have every reason to believe, the primary and original, the others being but incidental. It leads us at once to the investigation of that significant fact to which I have already alluded, that in all the ancient initiations and religious mysteries there was some plant, peculiar to each, which was consecrated by its own esoteric meaning, and which occupied an important position in the celebration of the rites; so that the plant, whatever it might be, from its constant and prominent use in the ceremonies of initiation, came at length to be adopted as the symbol of that initiation."

--

And then in other freemason commentaries, it is alluded to, that there are mysteries that have come forth from the Middle east to the freemasons.

Of course, these middle eastern Acacias often contain DMT and the harmala is a no brainer as it grows everywhere there.

Julian.

my dad is the grand-poohbah of the central west nsw freemasons. word.

i caaaant reallly see those guys blurtin on dmt at the ol' masonic lodge......

although i have heard about the initiation where they strip the initiants naked!!!

weird crew them bunch.

apparently u can only be invited in by ur father, who has to of course be a freemason, but apparently i dont qualify as my daughter isnt baptised!!!!

'God doesnt know who she is' is what the grand-poobah told me! hehe snicker snort. jam ur sandwhich eating tuxedo wearing brylcream endorsing secret handshaking (sucked in dad i know it) now DMT choofing cult!!!!! u wait till i pull the old boy up on THIS!!!!!!!

if u want in on the freemasons julian i can prolly giv u a leg-up. pm me.

Edited by incognito

my daughters are also free spirits conceived and born free of ritual!

this was my intent!

t s t .

i just figure if she wants to be baptised its her call.

i am not a christian, nor do i know anything about the anglican church or what they try and teach, so standing there saying that i will raise her with anglican values etc etc will just be a lie, thus making the whole exercise null and void!!

i think its up to her what the hell she wants to believe... i think its a pointless exercise, except that it will keep the religious sections of my family happy.

if these peoples 'god' will not recognise a child he has created, will not allow an innocent into his 'heaven' 'He' can go and get fucked and i will go hang out with lucifer with my daughter, he seems much more open minded.

Can anyone provide a source that claims DMT occurs in Middle-Eastern acacias?

The following Middle-Eastern acacias are reported to contain DMT (probably low concentrations):

Acacia albida: DMT in leaf (TiHKAL*)

Acacia nilotica: DMT in the leaf (TiHKAL*, Trout's Notes)

Acacia senegal: DMT in the leaf (TiHKAL*)

Acacia tortilis: DMT, NMT, and other tryptamines (No reference given, http://www.dmt-nexus.com/forum/default.asp...sts&t=1123)

*Some websites quote PiHKAL as the source

Faidherbia albida (syn. Acacia albida Delile) is a species of Faidherbia native to Africa and the Middle East, formerly widely included in the genus Acacia. It contains the psychoactive chemical compound dimethyltryptamine in its leaves.[6]

Umbrella Thorn Acacia (Acacia tortilis) also known as an Israeli Babool, as well as the "Burning Bush" of the Israelites and Egyptians, is a medium to large canoped tree native primarily to the savannahs of Africa (especially Sudan), but also occurring in the Middle East. DMT, NMT, and other tryptamines.

http://www.rollitup.org/spirituality-sexua...-ethnogens.html

Edited by The Alchemist