The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

EGA- Bear Owsley Headlining - FRI 6-MON 9 NOV - Last Tix

:o EGA sure is something! Missed a few talks/workshops i wanted to see, but the talks that i did were very deep and informative. That Rob fella who spent a lot of time in Sth.America had some amazing stories. So many smart people working towards the changes i want in the world is nothing short of inspirational. Big Up to Ronnie and his crew for making such an amazing festival work!! Didn't get to meet many people due to anxiety, but everyone seemed friendly as hell (maybe a little TOO friendly lol).

Would have been great to meet you Torsten, but yeah, anxiety. But when i saw you i was like "Ahh that's what he looks like". Always good to put faces to names.

Cant wait for '11!!!!!

Cheers

Would have been great to meet you Torsten, but yeah, anxiety. But when i saw you i was like "Ahh that's what he looks like". Always good to put faces to names.

Ha I did exactly the same thing!

ROTFLMAO

Funny story, u had to be there.

Get that light off me, grummble grumble :P

EGA was awesome! So many great people, so many interesting talks and workshops. I learnt so much and met many, many wonderful people.

Bear was hilarious. What a character. That poor girl was humilated ruthlessly though, but she didn't make it any easier on her self.

Many of the speakers were real characters actually.

Great to see to much community spirit amongst those who made it, even if we're all from different walks of life and have disparate values, etc.

Thanks to Ronny and everyone who made it possible and thanks to everyone who made it what it was.

B)

Just a massive thanks everyone, i just got home yeasterday from site, so loads of work ahead of me yet,

Also i was unable to take any pics as i was too busy, so i got my favorite event photographer spiralmunk to take some.

DSC_5481.jpg

DSC_5487.jpg

DSC_5490.jpg

DSC_5497.jpg

DSC_5510.jpg

DSC_5511.jpg

DSC_5531.jpg

DSC_5546.jpg

DSC_5560.jpg

DSC_5561.jpg

DSC_5557.jpg

DSC_5566.jpg

Emda took this one.

DSC_5572.jpg

DSC_5580.jpg

Pleases post any pics you took, was i would love to see them :lol:

more from me when i land on my feet mid next week :rolleyes:

post-3173-1258091856_thumb.jpg

It was a wonderful event for sure, thank you to the organisers and all the beautiful people bringing excellent vibes. I was amazed at how much more depth and cohesiveness was evident in the community than 07. At first i thought it was just me but many said the same thing. This is a reflection of the intentions and dedication of all of us as we work and develop our relationships to the plants, the country and to ourselves, each other and our communities.

It was a very affirming experience for me personally, that we are not working in isolation, that many of the same lessons are shared between us and we have similar aspirations about what we would like to create with the knowledge learned. A better world.

Many of the speakers had amazing knowledge and energy. The Bear, who I admit I approached with skepticism, was a standout. But the work done to increase and transmit the knowledge by all of the speakers was a pleasure to behold. It was well worth the 3700km round trip and even running out of fuel 30km from home last night and having to hitchhike to my bed. It was 4 days to remember.

It was also great to meet some of the faces behind the avatars and catch up with others from last time. If only there was time to meet everyone, each of whom I am sure had good vibes to bestow, such was the atmosphere of the place.

Thank you very much, and yes indeed bring on 2011!

Respect,

Micro

PS: sweet photos!

Edited by Micromegas

wow looks maad

if anyone can filter them and get them sounding clearer, that'd be great, and i can update the ones hosted

EGA was a blast... best one ever!

Took me some days to come down from it!

I have a really clear copy of my talk I will post a link to up here when I have uploaded it!

Julian.

Big ups to EGA as usual. Nice to see the back of my head in that photo with another loverly forum member :)

Sad to see not many Melb crew were out to support the mini EGA that happened on Sat, because I really enjoyed it! I missed some of the evening EGA talks due to volunteer commitments so it was a great opportunity to catch up on those, especially Robert Jesses talk.

Bear was great and all, but it was nice to see real science happening and being reported to the comers. Some in the crowd obviously couldn't take it in, which I was really surprised about. To me it was very strange on numerous occasions to hear people in the crowd expressing narrow minded viewpoints against presented science.

As others have mentioned the vibe was vastly different from last year or the year prior, it really seemed that everyone had "grown up" (for want of a better term) so the whole affair was chilled, smiling and happy sort of thing.

Perfect, just bloody perfect :)

Thanks to the people who posted the audio and pictures. I wish I was there but will be looking forward to next year. :)

Hey guys

In regards to audio, please only post samples, or talks you personally have the authors permission to post online.

Be respectful and honest in such matters.

love and light

Hey Ronny you have a doppleganger and he likes Rogers beer.

Click on the poster

https://www.littlecreatures.com.au/index.ph...1&Itemid=53

EGA rocked and seemed very laid back and well organised

If you are after any ideas for speakers for the next one I reckon Paul Devereux talking on the prehistory of psychedelia would be awesome. :lol:

So that's a 'no' then I take it? :rolleyes:

Good thing that people on other forums are a bit more forthcoming so I've already seen his presentation.

DSC_5584.jpg

DSC_5589.jpg

DSC_5607.jpg

DSC_5610.jpg

DSC_5621.jpg

DSC_5626.jpg

DSC_5632.jpg

DSC_5643.jpg

Spiralmunk Did a good job on the pics

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

Hey Ronny you have a doppleganger and he likes Rogers beer.

Click on the poster

https://www.littlecreatures.com.au/index.ph...1&Itemid=53

EGA rocked and seemed very laid back and well organised

If you are after any ideas for speakers for the next one I reckon Paul Devereux talking on the prehistory of psychedelia would be awesome. :lol:

hahaha, that is Duncan, and he worked at the LCB till he got fired for drinking too much, when i had my beard and went in some people there thought i was Duncan.

I am still blown away by how amazing this event was.

I had such an awesome time.

and those pics are fantastic :lol:

A BIG thankyou to the whole ega crew. you did such an amazing job and i cant wait till the next one.

Cheers, Obtuse

So that's a 'no' then I take it? :rolleyes:

Good thing that people on other forums are a bit more forthcoming so I've already seen his presentation.

Hey FungalFractoids, might be best if others give you a run down of the bears talk, i did not get to hear all his talks as I was working at the time, I personally have no problem with you seeing the bears or other presentation just posting them on line without consent is what I am not keen on.

I have near perfect recordings of 65% of the event, and we have video too, that we will work up in to an EGA 2009 DVD when we can as a fundraiser for EGA. Also as I am sure you know we tend to put some of the talks up officially on our web page to be downloaded free, again time constraints as we are all working as volunteers so it may take some time to get around to all that.

As I said I am happy for people to share bootleg recordings till there hart’s content, as the information is important just not happy with them being public with out the authors consent.

Also another note, people that have PM me, i will get there, i am still trying to find my feet and tie up lose ends.

Big thanks to all the SAB members that help out in so many ways too keep this event alive.

Love and Light

Edited by RonnySimulacrum