The Corroboree
Re-Grifter

Post your experiences with the fuzz

I once worked in *edit*, those that don't know, *edit* used to be a (still is?) a heroin hot-spot....but that's a moot point.

Now one day i had arrived at work early, made a cuppa, and sat in the loading bay quietly strumming an acoustic guitar...i would have been all of 16 years old.

A police car pulled up, and i heard "oi, c*nt"...i looked up, and saw 2 of the most the most ferral, dirty, unkempt "police officers" i have ever seen....it was a man and a woman, they where barely dressed....shirts open etc...it actually looked as though perhaps some hanky-panky had been occuring..

Anyway the male officer called me over to the car, and through the window, in an EXTREMELY agitated state, said to me "what the f*ck are you doing, cunt?...wanna get f*cked up?...eh?...

Needless to say i was totally speechless, i was gob-smaked. i said nothing. The female ferral officer, perhaps realising that this didn't look too great, said "f*ck it, lets go" and gave me a sort of "woops, sorry 'bout that" look.

"WATCH YOURSELF C*NT...I'LL F*CK YOU UP!!! he screamed through the window as they drove away.....he appeared to be quite psychotic.

This is, unfortunately, a true story.

Anyone else got any inspiring tales of the police?....

Edited by Re-Grifter

One cold rainy night when I was a teenager me and friend where drinking Johnie Walker straight out of the bottle and pullin cones with an Orchy bottle. We where sitting near the rocks near a breakwall on the coast enjoying the night and havin a laugh. It started pissing down really hard and we where getting soaked..we started running to find shelter but couldn't find any except for a Combi Van that was parked out front of someones house..the doors where open so we jumped in and huddled out of the rain..next thing I know a fist comes flying through the window and cleans me up and knocks me out cold..it was the owner of the Combi..he heard us and came outside to see what the noise was. Anyways my mate bolts and I'm left dazed and being heavily manhandled by the owner of the Combi. Next thing the cops came and arrested me for being drunk and disorderly and attempted theft of an automobile..LOL. Anyways I was thrown into the cop car with brute force and cracked my allready pounding head on the door sill as I was hurled into the cop car. During the drive to the station I remembered that I still had the Orchy bottle bong hidden inside my jackets inside pocket. I was packin shit... not to mention bleeding and half unconscious.

All the way to station the cops are leaning back and saying how they are gunna teach me a lesson and fuck me over. The cop in the passenger seat leaned back at one point and pushed my head really hard back so it slammed back and hit the back of the seat..I was completely shit scared and thought I was going to be murdered or something..I was manhandled and copped 2 more cracks around the head whilst extracting me from the car and was pushed hard as I approached the stairs to the cop shop and fell flat on my face and grazed the fuck out of my shin. I was literally in tears and didn't really know what was going on..I was stoned..pissed and beaten up and had a lot of blood coming from my head where the owner had smashed me through the window. Once in the cop shop I was abused and pushed around by the 2 cops on duty ..as its a small town there was know one else around and they where it..plus it was late and was a week night. They took my finger prints and photo and hurled me into the cell. I was wet shaking in serious pain and scared shit less about what would happen to me..I remembered the bong in my jacket and quickly slid it out and buried it within the mattress that was on the floor that I had to sleep on.

I spent 2 days in that cell with only some weak tea and jam toast. Fuckin cunts didn't even feed me properly. My old man came and picked me up and took me home on the 3rd day and gave me a severe beating when I got home..but that's another story...to this day I have no idea what happened to the bong inside the mattress..and I didn't want to know..surely my fingerprints where all over it..but maybe they didn't find it for months after and couldn't give a fuck..I appeared in Taree local court on the following Monday and was given a 12 month good behavior bond and told to go home and stay out of trouble.

I was 16.

H.

.....far out..... :o that's pretty bad, man.

I made a copper bash the tape recorder in an interview once :lol: .....he punched it as hard as he could...... :lol:

I think when he heard "no comment" for the about 100th time it all became too much for him... :P

Greatest thread ever. Hopefully the rest of the SAB members wont be too shy and share their stories. I think there would be some great potential. I'll try and think of some stories when i;m not so drunk....AAAAAAAHAHHA.

PEACE

Good topic - my deepest sympathy goes to all who have been unfairly treated by the Australian Laws of Idioticity.

A friend's story involved a disco biscuit, anxiolytic fluid, half a tablet of a neuroprotective SSRI, glowsticks, loads of miscellaneous supplementary antioxdants and neuroprotectants...

Outcome: 6 months of hell and facing a Major Indictable Charge, loss of all his money he had ever earned to get a lawyer (and he was refused legal aid, 'cause he saved all the money he ever earnt doing Night-Shift to try and cover Uni...). Result: 1 x pissed off member of Society...

Imagine the looks of the Boys and Girls in Blue when the friend started to say "It's Vitamin C, S-adenosyl L-methionine disulfate tosylate, 5-hydroxytryptophan etc..." (...and it was - Radelaidian Fuzz are really messed in the Head). Unfortunately the anxiolytic and oxytocin release prevented him from shutting his mouth, so he spontaneously obliged to questioning...

Luckily, he had consumed enough Vit. XTC before interception to make the stay in the cell overnight "entertaining"... If only he got to keep his glowies!

I think the friend ended up losing the plot, or joining some hippy commune along with some weird forum site... not totally sure anymore! :rolleyes:

Edited by The Alchemist

A friend has been pleasantly surprised when the police have told him to follow the yellow brick road home :lol: .

which was fortunate as he'd got a warning when he was 13 :devil:.

Was pulled over and license checked.

I found that my license was 'sanctioned' due to an unpaid parking meter fine. I never paid the fine, and actually took it to closest police station and demanded they found the wanker who tried to fine me for not putting money into a broken meter.

On the night they checked my license and found the several hundred dollars oweing. From late fees, admin fee, lat admin fees etc, etc.. they suggested that if I could pay it right there that I was free to leave. I pulled $300 cash out of my wallet to their surprise, but then they started telling me how they had to take me to the station for the $3 change. I told them they could keep the change, but they insisted I must go with them to the station so that they could process the fine properly.

3.5 hours later, after spending 45 freezing cold minutes in the paddywagon I was released from the station and my license returned.

2 weeks later I was pulled over and received $1200 worth of fines from an officer that all began because my license had expired. I hadnt realised that the license had expired and needed renewing, and neither did the fuckwits at the station. I was doing 89 in an 80km zone and was asked 'is there any reason you were speeding?' I said 'yes, my speedo stopped working after a large bump in the road several minutes ago, so as you can see I was traveling at the same speed as the rest of the traffic.' 'Oh' he said.. 'so we'l get you for defected vehicle too!?' Then he asked for my license, and when I presented it he said 'no mate, a valid one'. Thats when shit the fan..

He was gonna be a cock and I knew it. After he walked around the ute and suggested that I had an unsecure load aswell (1 piece of corrugated underneath a 40kg wheel) I got out of the vehicle. 'Stop and place your hands on the wheel'. 'No' I said, 'how about you take your cock out of your arse, and I drive home and we can call it a day?' Thats when I saw the delight on his face at the power he had..

I received $1200 worth of fines that day. I demanded that he continued inventing as many fines as he could, because when he stopped I was gonna tear his face from his head. I told him as calm as day that he was the scum of the earth, and that I would (one day) find him out of uniform. I never forget a face.

I will forever remember the look of utter terror on his face as his supreme unchallenged authority became nothing more then a stone in my shoe. I never hit him, but promised that I would see him again out of uniform. I am not a small man. To see a smartarse cop shaking in his boots, fear in his eyes with nothing more than the realization that $10,000 compensation could never replace his eyesight, or his manhood.. a little tiny switched inside my brain clicked.

That was the day that 'the law' created yet another criminal, and I became free.

I have encountered police on at least a dozen occasions for a variety of reasons. I have learned that they are robotic, brainless maggots with no sense of human decency in every occasion. I had also volunteered my bedroom window for video surveillance to catch heroin dealers who lived in my street (after handing a $5000 balloon of heroin in to the police), an offer that they never accepted. We had these people make deals for another 6months before my father took a baseball bat out into the middle of a deal, and effectively created his own law. 6 months later a head sergeant promised my father that his ute was being taken for an inspection to see if it may have been a part of a rebirthing racket. It never came back. The police sold the ute after never finding the owner. My dad lost a $30,000 landcruiser.

The system and those who uphold it, is/are the fuckn bane of our universe.

jeez i woulda kept the sugar.

But thats just me, a simple fiend!

'THIS THREAD ROKZ".... :uzi:

H.

jeeez! some of these stories are so hectic!

worst ive had is getting a $57 public drinking fine for having ONE beer down at the beach and........it was my BIRTHDAY !!!!

i was incredibly polite to the officers and happily obliged to all there questions / demands. even my charismatic self couldnt talk him out of fineing me.

another time me and 2 friends had a bit too much wine and decided to roll a "herbal cigarette" in a king size rollie, on a main road :P

we where sitting at a bench out side safeway and just as i finished rolling the joint a car pulled up behind us and shouted something in-coherable

i replied "hey whats up bro?" he then retorted saying "IM A VICTORIAN POLICE OFFICER DONT CALL ME BRO!" "SHIT" i thought to myself and i quickly sat on the joint and slid the wine behind my friends back before the police could see what was going on, all the while my too mates stoned off thier chops sat there with their jaws sagging to the ground looking like stunned buffoons, the police came and took our ID and what not and couldnt find shit on us thanks to my quick reactions and ability to actually move! all was seweet and just as they where about to leave my mate stands up to get his ID back of the police officer, the bottle of wine becomes plainly visible and they ended up finding the weed. Lucky for us they had abit of a laugh and commended us on nearly getting away with it, they didnt even fine us!

the police officers advice was "next time you see the cops hide your mull a bit better aye!"

Two different incidents.

First was when I was in my early 20s at uni. Owned a Datsun 200B, I think. It was in the early 90s in Perth.

The car was old, but tires were legal, all the lights worked, there was no rust, it didn't blow smoke, etc. You get the drift.

I was driving home from a lecture and a police officer pulls me over. He says he saw something hanging down under the car like the exhaust or something and needs to check it. We both get down and there is nothing there. He says smuggly, "Ohh well mate, I'll check a few other things while I am here." I heard later that technically they needed a legitimate reason to pull you over. eg speeding, no rego, faulty tail light, or something. So he obviously makes this up to get cars like mine.

He gives me a yellow sticker (not sure of the system in other states but in Perth it means you can't drive it anymore until it goes over the pits..$$ and time).

His reasons are (he needs three)

1)dirty motor

2) old seat belt material

3)worn rubber pad on the accelerator pedal

Second story, different day, different car, different time

Two police officers say I cross the double white line. They were parked in a car park looking at right angel to the road. I know that I DID NOT cross the line and even more sure that they would have found it hard to see since they were looking towards the side of my car rather than behind.

I challenged them and they smuggly commented that I have no chance because it is 2 police officers word against mine. To this day, I remember their arrogance and sliminess. They were right. Even if I went to the courts, I had no witnesses and I was merely a person! :slap:

EDIT >>add>>

I forgot to say something very important. These are only two bad apple experiences and we all know that the bad ones stick with us more. There have been many good experiences in between (not directly) but more that there is some protection there. I trust (hope) that the majority of police work with integrity and try to do the best for society.

I hope I when I am out and some idiot goes mad in a bar glassing people (or even worse with a knife), the police turning up with hopefully try to protect us. Those experiences are easily taken for granted.

Edited by educate

I hope I when I am out and some idiot goes mad in a bar glassing people (or even worse with a knife), the police turning up with hopefully try to protect us. Those experiences are easily taken for granted.

Waiting for some one to mention this. I agree man. I have only ever had good experiences with the cops, though I have a few stories from mates.

One:

It was an old mates 18th and her and a few mates were out at a club. Fight broke out, they were out the front having a smoke, the cops were called, rocked up as they do and started macing (?) this guy. ANYWAYS wind caught it and she was maced in the face. HAPPY 18TH! Lol

Second:

Another mate, quite the cunt in his youth, got caught with some stolen goods when he was 16ish. Got busted by the cops and they held him and called up his olds. While they were on their way they roughed him up and cloutted him with a phone book a few times. Needless to say his olds didn't believe him.

Knowing him he probably DID deserve it but it is still against the law on the cops part.

Gen

I'm sure there are some half way reasonable cops out there, dammned if i know where though.

Personally i have been nothing but shocked, frightened, disappointed and appalled by my experiences with the police..... :huh:

*edit....some things should be kept mum*

Edited by Re-Grifter

Hahaha I farkin' love this thread!!! Coppers eh? :lol:

The Jax raided my joint ~14 years ago, said they were looking for HARD drugs that I was apparently selling (I wasn't though).

I had ~100kg of coffee which was all done up in 1kg bags stacked all through the house which looked pretty suss :rolleyes: (I was just reminded by someone that it was heaps more than that, doesn't matter)) The coppers asked why I had it, "no reason,"

I answered. (I had it 'cos my mate's dad was buying a coffee plantation and he gave me a great big sample but, that was none o' their Bee's-wax!)

I had some ornaments placed around the house, little statues etc.. 1 of these was an ornamental set of scales, (like the justice ones - y'know?) which I usta use as an incense holder.

As the incense would burn down it would leave light grey ash on the scales and around 'em etc..

1 copper's eyes lit right up when he noticed the scales with all that 'powder'.

He goes, "what's this mate?" I went to answer him but, he cut me off so I thought, "fuck ya, work it out for yourself!".

He licked his finger and pressed it against the ash and really rolled it 'round, it was like he deliberately took up heaps so he'd get a buzz or somethin', his finger was

covered in ash and he then stuck it in his mouth and gave it a suck.

Hahaha! You shoulda' seen his face change! Priceless! It looked as though it tasted fucked!

Hahaha coppers eh!

I'll think of some more stories for this thread as, I grew up in Blacktown so, as you can imagine, I've got a million of 'em! :lol:

1 thing which I just can't get my head around though, is how casually somebody can admit to giving up a drug dealer! I don't understand that, I can't even think about it any more as, its making me physically sick.

There was a really mean copper who usta frequent a club in NSW where I usta' go, he was a real smart ass, he'd cause trouble between couples and use his position to further himself personally. Some vigilante type people got him 1 night and he's not a smart ass any more :lol:

They bleed just like us apparently.

1 more thing. My girlfriend crashed into a copper and he lost his arm hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! The crash was his fault but, him being a copper an' all, the crash was her fault.

Now he's alright, he's armless.

Unarmed etc... I only laugh at him because Karma has a very cool sense of humor! Lay down your arm!

Concerning the copper who got his in NSW, this dude REALLY deserved it, if you ask me he got off lightly, he's a dirty sicko, a sivvy woulda' probably got killed!

Fuck 'em, they knew the game when they signed up, ya reap what ya sew! (or sow even)

Anyone ever noticed how often coppers say the word "cunt"? I wonder why they have such a penchant for that particular word? Can anybody enlighten me on this, is it 'cos vagina's too hard to say? Like "ambliance" or "Draclia"? Hahaha Coppers eh?

This has been edited to be nicer! :bootyshake:

Edited by the germinator

Everyone is 'sposta be assumed innocent until proven guilty, some would say this baseball-bat justice is worse than the crime or the dirty coppers!

Hey G*P, these people obviously only dabble to feed their habits (that's if they really are dealing, not calling you a liar, just saying there's a chance ya could be wrong).

I think anyone will agree, if you took to a real drug dealer with a bat, you're gonna end up dead! They know the right people and they have plenty of what these people want, sorry bud but, you and your old man woulda' bit the big 1 within months of that moral outburst.

I don't mean any disrespect, couldn't care less, I'm just pointing out something that I think you've overlooked.

how i'd love to post my piece in here. still, it's good that some people have some stories they feel comfortable sharing.

i know several occasions where people i knew were roughed up by the dogs.

Delete.

Paranoia kicking in.

Edited by Re-Grifter

Delete.

Paranoia kicking in.

boo hiss..the cops win again... B)

H.

Im not gonna share something they don't know but its probably something they wouldn't want made public...

I overheard an ex-cuntstible, when asked what he thought the problem was with the farce, say "they rise thru the ranks, not by what they know or who they know, but by what they know about whom." Says alot about the culture within.

secrets out. i squealed :P

I acknowledge police work is a dangerous, thankless job, and cops are a vital glue that hold this society together, but there's a line that get's crossed far too often with them, and that line seems to be getting crossed more and more these days. A cop should do it by the book, and no other way...anything else is very, very wrong and a sad refection of the dangerous mind-set of certain (too many) members of the force in general.

Perhaps if a few more solicitors get assaulted/have their ribs cracked by thug cops it might force a "culture change" within the force.

Edited by Re-Grifter

Cops, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!

A cop should do it by the book, and no other way...anything else is very, very wrong and a sad refection of the dangerous mind-set of certain (too many) members of the force in general.

Maybe it's not just the act of not doing it 'by the book', but moreso the fact that when they bend the rules it is generally more out of greed, anger, and ego, rather than out of compassion.

My first impression of the NZ Police was a pretty negative one, my brother and his friends had been jumped when he was about 14, he was the only one who wasn't beaten unconscious or stabbed so he arrived home needing to call an ambulance for his mates. My other older brother called the police and after they eventually rocked up, the police didn't think much of it or want to believe it even fucken happened, least there be paper work to fill out and they'd have to fund the fuckers who done it...

I've never done anything overtly illegal, never a fan of doing things to the detriment of others. But I was a keen underage drinker, almost everytime I had fallen asleep somewhere in public after drinking too much goon (lawns, sidewalks) the police would always give me the boot as a way of waking me up. Throw some water on my face, give me a shake... but don't kick me in the stomach to wake me, thats pretty fucken rude & uncompassionate...

My friend had a house party that went out of control (as they do) when I was in high school and the police were called. The police asked everyone to leave and I quickly went inside to get my bag first. Before I could even get to the door a policeman grabbed me by the scruff of the neck, thrown me against the ground, picked me up and then threw me against the side of the house, he SCREAMED in my face "I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE! YOUR GOING IN THE WAGON WITH US!" it was such a ridicuous overbrown response and I said "jesus christ, I was trying to get my bag from inside" Realising he was being a complete fuckwit he said he wouldn't put me in the wagon if I left immediately...

There are much larger events that have happened to people I know whereby the police had done very sloppy unprofessional investigations and caused a great deal of pain to families.

There will always be good & bad police, anyone with any hard on for power eventually becomes one of the bad ones. In some communities where they have to deal with alot of shit theres alot of fatigue because of the crap they have to put up with... but by treating citizens with distain their only shooting themselves in the foot. They will always be the publics least favourite government department...

Aussie police seem O.K so far, larger cities = bigger fuckwit police. Small town = still big fuckwits. Kinda weird how that works...

I've been to a few parties here with people who work in the police force and they didn't care about people smoking weed, hopefully I don't have any interactions that make me have a hatred for them as much as I do the NZ police.

Here is a recent story from the NT News.

Link

Boy put in cell to be bashed

REBEKAH CAVANAGH

December 12th, 2008

POLICE used force to arrest a drunk 15-year-old boy, before putting him in a cell with a violent Aboriginal man and saying "have fun".

The Northern Territory News can reveal that police then turned a blind eye while the teen was punched up to five times by the man.

The cops then returned and moved the man to another cell before telling the teen "you got bashed by a black".

The teen was told by police the next morning he only had a black eye because he was "racist".

The ordeal was detailed in the NT Ombudsman's 2007-2008 annual report, obtained by the NT News yesterday.

It was one of 274 complaints against Territory police received by the Ombudsman in the financial year.

The incident happened on August 25-26, 2006.

The report said two of the officers involved were charged with assault but the DPP later withdrew the charges.

But a complaint about the incident was made to the NT Ombudsman and a joint review committee has recommended Police Commissioner Paul White apologise to the victim for his members actions.

The annual report said the drama started when police tried to arrest the teen, who was drinking with about 50 friends at East Point Reserve in Darwin.

The teenager admitted he was drunk.

He also told the Ombudsman that he was yelling obscenities about the arresting officer's mother and daughter at the time of the arrest.

He said during the arrest he was punched in the left eye by one of his arresting officers and then slammed into the police vehicle about four times.

He told the Ombudsman when more members arrived he was thrown on the ground and dragged, before being picked up and thrown head first into the cage of the paddy wagon.

He then accused the police of driving "roughly" to the Darwin Watch House.

The report revealed that while the teen was at the watch house reception counter being processed an Aboriginal man made signals towards him that he wanted to fight him.

It was this same man that police later locked in the cell with the teen.

Police then left the teen in a cell by himself where the teen states that loud classical music was played all night and that he had to listen to the Aboriginal man in a nearby cell laughing about how he had bashed him.

The report said the joint review committee found that the police made no effort to call the boy's parents until the end of the maximum period of custody.

It also revealed that under the NT Police Custody Manual, police cells should only be used as a last resort for the custody of intoxicated persons.

It said the officers involved failed in their duty of care by putting the teenager in the same cell with the Aboriginal man when the hostility between the two was clearly displayed in the foyer.

It noted that the watch house keeper did not make the required journal entries about the injuries suffered by the teenager or provide any medical treatment.