The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
planthelper

do we realy wanna swim?

do you remeber the disscussion we had a while ago, about how "gnome"would not stand up in court and somebody who isn't me (swim) would be a better choice? at least thats how i think the disscussion went.

anyway, for me personally the term swim comes across as almost frightening, obviosly because this term constitutes about 10% of all words used in other forums which discuss the manufacturing of illegal street drugs.

my point is that, using the swim word at our forum, might make people think, our forum is of the same kind somehow.

in short, i associate the word swim with full on illegal lab work.

i think that allthough for example ayahuasca is illegal in australia, talking about aya should not phrased with the swim terminology, because as said above, it might otherwise get thrown by authoryties and others into the same basket as for example crack!!

this surly will not happen to the people educated about drugs, but guess what, judges, police and lawmakers are probably not included in this group to a high degree.

people get thrown in jail for crack and smack, but as far as i know, nobody ever got jailed for ayahuasca, so why should we use talking about our "good beloved plants" those terms, which to the uneducated might make them look the same?

i favor to say for example:

a friend of mine whilst visiting peru observed the following procedure, fresh leaves of the chacruna plant were .....

over:

swim say's to use fresh psychotria viridis leaves, than swim ......

aswell there is the option to writte your reports to sound like a sientific (or anthropological) paper and this might even have the opposite effect as the one i am concerned about in this topic.

something like:

i came accross a report stateing that, only fresh psychotria leaves get used, the person preparing the brew.....

so what is the best methode of avoiding self incrimination for this forum?

the gnome is dead, long live the ????

excellent...pin it somewhere where it can allways be seen.

H.

I heard on the radio..LOL and I also read in the WA news..

long live the.....???? Shaman...

H.

Haha i was perplexed about all this swimming for a while....i mean i knew it's purpose, just not what it stood for.

planthelper, if people like to protect themselves by using "SWIM"...what's the harm? (apart from the fact it annoys you...hell it annoys me too) that's smart!...and it doesn't matter if this site is about "full on illegal lab work" or not, the police are all over this place like a rash, anyone with any sense would realise that.

I originally thought SWIM meant " sum wun i met" :wacko:

They called it "Mellow Yellow"... we'll call it Sponge-Bob...

EDIT: I've always wanted to see a Shaman-Australis peer-review journal system for reporting hypothetical experimental accidents, which of course, were always occuring in the third person who has "got absolutely no idea" anymore ... Can we establish the "Journal of Australian Amateur Hypothetical Neuropsychopharmacology" into this forum?

...and to keep everyone happy how about the "Journal of Amateur *Oh My God*, that's some Funky Sh*t", too!

Then we can all responsibly incinerate the verbose and monotonous Loser Journals of J. Med. Chem and The Lancet... They were so back in the year 1999...

Edited by The Alchemist

I hate that SWIM bullshit.

I hope we don't start seeing that here.

I hate that SWIM bullshit.

I hope we don't start seeing that here.

As much as i dislike it myself, it beats giving the police a throbbing, veiny hard-on for you, man.

Some of the older posts on this forum are very careless.... :o

As much as i dislike it myself, it beats giving the police a throbbing, veiny hard-on for you, man.

Some of the older posts on this forum are very careless.... :o

As much as I dislike the cops myself, that was kinda hot. :P

planthelper, if people like to protect themselves by using "SWIM"...what's the harm?

didn't he explain that in the original post?

my point was that, if people use the swim term to protect themselves, possible harm might result from people, putting our forum in the same catagory as some how to make meth in the bathtube forums.

but as mentioned, i shared this viepoint in my opening post.

as we can see in the wa dmt bust thread, the law enforcers and news reporters don't know shit from clay and right away go into new killer drug found mode, and this obviously happens because of association and projection (apart from stupidety)

using the swim term would make us more vunerable to those projections.

I dunno much about laws except that most of them are unjust.

However I assume names like swim, foaf etc.. wouldn't be too hard for coppers to decipher, I know the police force isn't exactly mensa but,

ya don't hafta be a brain doctor to work out what it stands for, and with all the "help" offered their way by giver-upperers these days, forget about it.

I prefer to say, I met a bloke at the pub (the pub, so much happens at the pub). Everyone looks the same at the pub too!

Edited by the germinator

theres this term 'being knowingly involved'........

i would prefer to look like a silly hippy with gnome and plant friends!

t s t .

That's a point.

Awdunno...i have no illegal substances in my possession, nor do i even correspond with anyone who does, so i suppose it's a bit paranoid to cover one's tracks like that, but we all know how "facts" don't deter the police from making wild assumptions and going off half-cocked.

stating blatantly that you committed a crime is incriminating.

stating that a crime was committed by someone you know is in most cases hearsay and leaves a lot of wiggle room for your solicitor.

ie, using a 3rd person [especially when indistinct like FOAF] provides a little bit of ambiguity and a little bit of protection. However using it in a blatant way or using it in an unbelievable way [such as gnomes and fairies] provides no protection whatsoever.

We banned gnomes because they lull people into a false sense of security. So, if your sentence is unsuitable when structured with a real but indistinct person [such as FOAF or 'guy at pub', etc] then it is also not suitable for this forum.

Righto..thanks for clearing that up.

Hehe, i suppose the best way to avoid any hassles is just to never discuss anything "illegal" at all, but then we may as well just all fold up die right now if that's the case... :lol: