The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teotzlcoatl

Native American Church

I recently found out I have some Native American in me.

I'd like to join the N.A.C.

How would I go about doing this?

What would be the best book to get? Is there a Native American Church Bible or Peyotism Bible? Or something of the sort?

I deeply care about the Native American community. If I were to ever join a Native American Church I would want to attend services and help with church projects. My goal in joining the church is not to eat "Peyote", I already have plenty of Lophophora cacti, but I have never ingested one.

"Peyote Way"

Native American Church

Peyote Way F.A.Q.s

Edited by Teotz'

man i wasnt going to respond to this as i felt we have already been through this with you, but then again i thought well maybe you do need some advice, considering alot of people here are in australia we dont exactly have contacts for you to speak to so i can only give you the advice i shared with you before.

james flaming eagle warren

look him up write him a message and see where that goes from there.

i dont mean to bring up old shit but in that thread where we discussed this you said you were contacting a NAC member, so why are you bringing this up again?

please just write to flaming eagle and see what he says. if not him i am sure you will be able to find an appropiate elder to make contact with, if not then maybe you are not ready for this church. looking to books aint gonna get there mate. you need to speak with the elders of the tradition.

good luck

i dont mean to bring up old shit but in that thread where we discussed this you said you were contacting a NAC member, so why are you bringing this up again?

I've called a number of places and sent a number of emails... no response.

My emails consisted of the following (and nothing more!)-

Hi, I am part Native American. I recently have became very interested in my heritage and Native American religion.

I would be honored to join your church and attend services.

Thanks!

I gotta ask- are you even christian? lol

(I've never noticed those leanings in you)

what is he a freaking aardvaark? an ethnobotanical aardvaark?

Edited by incognito

:lol: Always good to see people having fun in one of my threads!

Teo, my mother was human, so I'm actually HALF human, thank you very much!

...and Incognito, I have no idea what an ethnobotanical aardvaark is... perhaps I am?

are you even christian?

I am a follower of Christ, yes, but I'm also Taoist, Buddhist, Jainist, etc.

The N.A.C. is christian (some branchs more than others), but the "Peyote Way Church of God" is basically just a Peyote-religion.

I'm in the process of attempting to join it.

"Peyote Way"

"Peyote Way" F.A.Q.s

Contact "Peyote Way" Church

N.A.C.

I was told by Mr. "Flaming Eagle" Mooney that I was welcome to join his church (The N.A.C.)

I was also told by the "Peyote Way Church of God" that'd they'd be glad for me to join, I sent $60 to their church in AZ ($50 membership dues + $10 donation)

I encourage anybody who has an interest in psychoactive cacti, be it Lophophora or Trichocereus, or a person who wishs to grow and/or eat Peyote, to contact the above organizations, it not only protects you from law enforcement, but it also will probably give you a better unstanding of entheogens and a new perspective on spirituality.

Edited by Teotz'

I would like y'all to know that the point of me joining this church is NOT to ingest Peyote, I would indeed like to ingest Peyote one day, but that is not my intent in joining the churchs. My intent is to learn from the people who are closest to the cactus and the Great Spirit. I just wanted y'all to know that this is a serious spiritual path I have choosen to take and certainly NOT just an excuse to "trip out", I would like to see Peyote growing happily rather than in my stomach... my favorite qoute on the Peyoteway.org site is- "As long as Peyote is an endangered species, it is more blessed to grow the Holy Sacrament than to consume it." I just love that! and thats exactly how I feel about it, too!!!

Edited by Teotz'

I would like y'all to know that the point of me joining this church is NOT to ingest Peyote, I would indeed like to ingest Peyote one day, but that is not my intent in joining the churchs.

From what I have read in these forums I think it is safe to say that no one really gives a fuck what you do or don't do, lol. Just my two cents :D

Gen

Did you really need to add that?

I was accepted by the Peyote Way Church of God and have spoke with Mr. "Flaming Eagle" Mooney!

Genesis, I think teotz' birthday thread is a good indication that he is not as disliked as you think. Maybe take some time to get to know teotz - the evolving teotz, the one that's done a lot of growing up in the last few months.

teotz - I couldn't help but think the whole flaming eagle was a ruse. I mean, just because of the name. Very glad you're making progress with this. Can you keep us up to date on the procedure of joining and ultimately what you achieve along the way. ie, simply joining the catholic church for example doesn't immediately make one a hypocrite for example, nor does becoming a buddhist immediately make one a peaceful person - it takes participation to achieve that. So I wonder what the positive and negative steps in the NAC process are.

how do you make flaming eagle to be a trickster or scammer, i wonder torsten? just by his name?

from what i gather he is very genuine.

Yes, Mr. Mooney is the real deal, no doubt about it. I do apperciate the warning tho, there are alot of nuts of there!

no no, you misunderstood me. I don't mean for the person to be a trickster, but rather that you velvetsiren were having teotz on about this guy - in good humour of course.

oh never mind. forget I even mentioned it. it was a silly thought. I'm just glad it was all for real and that teotz can share something quite unique with us over the coming months and years.

Maybe take some time to get to know teotz - the evolving teotz, the one that's done a lot of growing up in the last few months.

Yer sorry wasn't intended to be malicious sounding (?) Apologies

Gen

ahh i seee sorry torsten, you thought i was fucking with teotz, no i truly wish he finds his path.

all is good.

:)

:)

Ya VelvetSiren was a big help!

Thanks Velvet!

Edited by Teotz'