The Corroboree
Genesis

Muscimol warning

heard of someone placing fresh fly in saucepan with minimal water.

when heated to simmer liquid leaches from fly.

liquid poured off for reduction.

mush has lost all colour.

add water 4 2nd extn just to make sure.

report said it worked fine.

could maybe be cleaned up with egg white but not necessary.

t s t .

It was interesting to see someone recommending skinning the caps to reduce the nausea; I have often read (without actually testing it) that that was where most of the action is.

that's a myth, also replicated in a not-so-modern greek mycobook

the flesh of the caps is more potent than the skins themselves, as far as IBO/MUS are concerned [some japanese paper]

many many successful reports exist for cooking, I think also traditional preparations also... Understandable enough... they're delicious mushrooms!

has anyone had success with drying then boiling? surely this would maximise decarboxylation

yep, that's the right way :) although you needn't boil, just bring to boil, take off the heat and then leave them to sit for 10 mins, occasionaly stirring. also try sun drying first!

Muscimol is listed on Schedule 1 i think. If that's what you mean by muscimole.

There is no schedule 1.

taste should not be an issue.....should taste good.....flavour enhancer in cooking!

t s t .

oops i saw it in the ACT schedule... NSW doesn't seem to have it...

hmmmmmmmmm

In fact ACT seems to be the only one with it listed?

i swore i saw it on the NSW schedule.

*This message will self-destruct in 24 hours*

OK, I got tired of the guessing game and looked it up. It's in S9 of the SUSDP which makes it law in each and every state under the various drug acts.

There is no schedule 1.

Well, actually, there are lots of schedule1. There are even schedule 1 drug schedules. NSW and Qld definitely have S1 drug schedules.

Talking about schedules is really pointless if you don't also state the act of that schedule. It's like going to a library and asking for 'page 55' without mentioning which book you are referring to.

There is no S1 in the federal SUSDP. well, there is, but it is empty.

okay before you shit all over me I am way out of my depth here and feel free to tell me to piss off back to the gossip threads

But,

Has anyone personally tried eating fresh Aminita and then had a friend drink the umm human byproduct?

if so what were the results? and what mouthwash to use?

aww F#@K i'm in the wrong thread again...sorry

entheofarm - "Has anyone personally tried eating fresh Aminita and then had a friend drink the umm human byproduct?"

I know the location of a ggod sized patch of Fly's, are you feeling thirsty? :wink:

entheofarm - "Has anyone personally tried eating fresh Aminita and then had a friend drink the umm human byproduct?"

I know the location of a ggod sized patch of Fly's, are you feeling thirsty? :wink:

:lol:

NO

but another consideration IIRC is that muscimol is a liquid at room temperature, so how much can be expected to remain in dried shrooms?

Nonsense; should have checked first. Muscimol melts and decomposes at 180C, although it may well exist as an alkaloid salt in nature (hence higher melting)? I have actually seen the odd recommendation to sprinkle the shrooms with vinegar when drying, not just acidified boiling. As for the role of UV, however, there is the obvious consideration of how the material gains light exposure unless it is pulverised along the way.

Back in the dim dark past, a FOAF tried washing an acidified solution with paraffin, the idea being to take out any oils that might be causing the queasies. Didn't work. One other thing that could be worth trying is to wash a basic solution with something like chloroform, in order to take out the non water-soluble alkaloids.

yeah uV/sun exposure might be best after powederising material....

Take a quarter of the bag and in an hour, if you don't feel anything, take another quarter".

My mate told me he was saving them for a spare weekend. I caught up with him recently and asked him how his lil' weekend went.

"Well I thought fuck it, I ate the whole bag in one go", was his response.

He then went on to tell me that he didn't see any hallucinations or have any feelings of well being. No. He spent the whole night running from room to room in another mates house projectile vomiting on walls and carpet. He said it was one of the worst nights of his life and the next day he still had abdominal pains.

How can we possibly ever consider to amend and sway the public or officials about outdated drug laws are hurting people etc...

when people do this sorta shit and admit it in an open forum...and don't tell me that if they where legal and it was ok to consume them then he wouldn't have consumed the whole frigin bag. I mean really how careless and reckless is that..he could have easily poisoned the crap outta himself and made himself some headlines in a local paper or even the news. I just shake my head sometimes and wonder how do we ever expect to make drum reforms and change laws when people do this sorta shit. what if he had of offered some to a kid or something also..I mean this is why the gov't ban these substances ...they are shit scared of people like him could offer it to some innocent kid or someone with an allergy etc...just makes me ill.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

Lovely little beauties. You can see these in the winter time decorating all the pastries in Europe. They also don't taste half bad sauteed in butter and mixed in with some eggs. The weather will soon be perfect for these little beauties to begin surfacing all over Europe once again as they like a good cold spell followed by a nice quick warm spell to initiate fruiting.

post-5139-1232906126_thumb.jpg

post-5139-1232906197_thumb.jpg

post-5139-1232906246_thumb.jpg

The best way to smoke them is to use only the skin of the cap, can't rememeber how much you need to smoke, but I think that's the best way to do it.

Also the small yellow ones (which I have only found once) seem to be good, very hallucinogenic. Has anyone ever found these in Australia?

Edited by jabez

Every report I've read on Erowid that included vomiting etc the person didn't cook them first, and almost all the ones that did seemed to experience little to nothing of the poisoning effects.

Well, my kind of topic....

Well, first of all, I think so many plants/drugs have been banned there is because you ozzies seem somewhat too informed on these issues.... ! after all it's propably why in a forum populated by australians you got lots of people from all around the globe.

Have I told you how much I like the fact that many people have trouble using psychoactive Amanitas?? I love the fact these mushrooms are not 'easy' allies, and hopefully they will stay legal, because of that... Don't get me wrong, I have spoken about my own experiences in various forums, those who will benefit from them, good. I was very amazed they are banned in Australia when I first learnt about it....

Inyan, which country are you refering too??? You're talking about a spring fruiting!? It's from summer till November here, mostly October...

Also, the yellow varieties are rumored to be less wanted [in the us, that is]. And, moreover, that skin thing, that it is the most potent part of the mushrooms, it's a myth. [Paper available]

I didn't read about the skin thing, I'm talking from personal experience from smoking a shit load of these mushrooms I've only had a decent effect from smoking only the skin.

I have had a very nice reaction from eating those yellow ones, but I surpose there could have been other factors, since I've only had them once and had something else earlier in the day, the effect of that was long gone though!

Pantherinas?

I assumed it was var. formosa being reffered to. Pantherinas are meant to be very strong.

Yeah thanks, looked it up A.pantherina is what they were. Browny yellow and the warts nearly covered the whole cap. Think I found them in the grass about 10 metres away from a pine. From memory it was in early spring, I think.

As I have said I found them extremly potent. Must be rare in Australia, though.

BTW, I heard some bloke at the EBA talk about Aussie shrooms claim to have found these, so I guess that answers my question, others have found them down under.

Oh you're talking about smoking... I see... anyways, the chemical makeup of those in europe could esily vary a lot from those in oz.

A.pantherinas are indeed way more potent, they're not rare at all where I am at.

I've eaten aussie amanitas from under cork trees that were the most amazing spiritual experience of my life.

A bit queasy, but definitely no puking.

They are an AMAZING flavour enhancer and tonic if cooked in stew.

They kick ass in beef stroganoff!

Prep involves thoroughly oven drying on lowest heat,

and refluxing at 170deg f. for at least 20 mins.