The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teotzlcoatl

Why does the N.A.C. still eat Lophophora when...

I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms considering your "at LEAST 1/16 Cherokee and Catawba Native American... possibly much more, up to 1/7, but I have no been able to verify this yet."

Serious or no?

Edited by Teotz'

I've really got no idea - I know only the very basics about the church. Only stuff I've read online so take that comment with a couple grains of salt. I would imagine they'd be pretty strict on who they allow in their churches, but I guess it could be worth a shot? I dunno probably hit google and see if you can find an online questions section in a website (if they have one).

Like I said though, we cant provide answers on behalf of them - you'd be best of trying to contact them and raise questions directly. I would think they'd be fairly open, but that said they are part of a religion that has been around for a long time and probably has no plans on changing their ways.

"I don't want this to turn into one of THOSE threads!"

Then like Ed mentioned a few weeks ago in a thread you started... why not research and look into the threads you start?... but again such timely advice from a nice fulla goes over your head. Rhali i most certainly agree with if you REALLY are serious about it why not contact them? write a nice email and no doubt someone will reply openly and honestly. Or is it all really about you? have you seen my plants? my posts? im half moonman!? etc etc

"Two... are you kiddin'? I got TONS! Do you even look at my threads?"

I'm seriously thinking about calling them...

I wouldn't know what to say tho...

Let me see if I can find that number...

I suppose call a local brach?

You already have the questions layed out in this thread :wink: Compile a list of things you would like to discuss and give them a call/shoot them an email. I think if they would be interested in discussing it, we'd also be interested to hear what they have to say in regard to the topic question. Just dont feel shot down if they aren't interested in discussing it with a random member of the public. I'm sure they are already copping a fair bit from powers above though (well I've got no idea, but it could be the case) and as it has been mentioned many chapters are probably small and could have their own ideals so dont expect them to all follow the same practices and all that.

Contacts-

NAC

here you go i will give you a number of a man i respect and is a great healer, james warren "flaming eagle" mooney

To contact James "Flaming Eagle" Mooney please email him at [email protected] or telephone him at 801.427-1272

i dont know where you are but you can write him an email asking him your questions.

best of luck

husk what a great read your cliche of tall poppies was, good to see you rehash some old myths about australian behavour, that must of taken all morning to think that up.

well done.

back on topic james' website is

http://www.nativeamericanchurch.net/contact.htm

I sent a Lophophora utilizing brach of the N.A.C. in TN, U.S.A. an email!

Get some paper and a pen, tell them you are thinking of opening a chapter and post their response here. :wink:

Utah Native American Church Membership Policy

To become a member of the Utah Native American Church, you must be a member of a Federally recognized Tribe, Nation, or Community of Indians and possess a Tribal Membership Card and a Cerificate Degree of Indian Blood issued by an agency of the Unites State Bureau of Indian Affairs. This policy is in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws pertaining to Native American Church membership guidelines. Visiting pastors and missionaries from other faiths are welcome to participate in the Utah NAC community programs, however, traditional NAC ceremonies are only open to members of the Utah NAC who meet the membership guidelines stated above.

If you wish to obtain a membership card with the Utah Native American Church, you need to send a photocopy of a valid drivers license, a copy of your CDIB (Certificate Degree of Indian Blood), and a copy of your tribal membership card to the following address:

Utah Native American Church

1058 East 50 South

Lindon, Utah 84042

The Utah NAC will issue membership cards and place you on the rolls of the Church if you meet the membership guidelines stated above. Family members and spouses of members are welcome at our ceremonies and meetings.

We do not allow ceremonies to be recorded or attended by "observers". We receive a large number of inquiries from Universities and Cultural Research Groups asking for permission to "Study" our native practices and attend ceremonies as observers. This attitude shows a total disrespect for native beliefs and custom and is offensive to many Native Peoples, and is not supported by the Utah NAC. If you are not a member, you may not attend ceremonies unless you are a member of a Federally recognized tribe and meet the membership guidelines.

There are no exceptions to this policy for non-members.

Link

Toetz' all you need is your valid drivers license, a copy of your CDIB (Certificate Degree of Indian Blood), and a copy of your tribal membership card to become a member.

well i cant even begin to think what you will need to start a chapter. looks like you got your work ahead of you.

Haha! Well I haven't got any of that! I only thought I was 1/16 until recently!

How "pure breed" do you have to be? :lol:

We do not allow ceremonies to be recorded or attended by "observers". We receive a large number of inquiries from Universities and Cultural Research Groups asking for permission to "Study" our native practices and attend ceremonies as observers. This attitude shows a total disrespect for native beliefs and custom and is offensive to many Native Peoples, and is not supported by the Utah NAC. If you are not a member, you may not attend ceremonies unless you are a member of a Federally recognized tribe and meet the membership guidelines.

There are no exceptions to this policy for non-members.

I honestly think that's some B.S.

Edited by Teotz'

write to them and tell them that love to see there response

I sent a Lophophora utilizing brach of the N.A.C. in TN, U.S.A. an email!

care to share what you wrote in that email?

No I'm not going to write to them and tell them they are full of shit...

I partly understand... as the white man has raped their culture (but that's you now, not me :lol: )

I mean... I'm like 1/7 Native American... so can I take like 1/7 of a dose of Peyote or what?

*Edit- Your right*

Edited by Teotz'

Are y'all gonna be assholes?

Teotz, you gotta understand that some (most) people are sick of your occasional rubbish posts (and one-liner post-count-inflators) and while there is a bit of tongue in cheek and in your face rude comments being hurled your way, calling people here assholes and bitches isnt helping your cause. There has been a hell of a lot of info handed to you with smiles and genuine friendliness, but your laziness and occasional stupid comments shine through very strong way too often. People are well past being sick of handing stuff to you but even now a few like myself keep on handing you info (mostly because we feel that with some encouragement you might wake up and realise you are being pampered something chronic). Dont keep burning bridges that are already shaky - otherwise you'll probably find yourself with another forum on your already rather long list of 'dont bother visiting, I'm banned' forums.

Edited by Ace

I just think that if I posted it... just forget it.... :(:unsure:

I'd definately be interested. I would also be interested in what they reply with, if they do at all. That said I dont think *everyone* should be bugging these people - they have their own lives and it is probably insulting to hear people wanting to butt in on their traditions. I am curious though :)

I seriously would love to join the church and practice with them.

I'm scared to eat peyote tho... Trichocereus is intense enough!

husk what a great read your cliche of tall poppies was, good to see you rehash some old myths about australian behavour, that must of taken all morning to think that up.

well done.

"how old are you fulla, your posts seem to litter this place with crap"

But utilizing you UN rights you may become a native American co-religionist.

Even only for the weekend.

Really? Wanna explain alittle more?

you have to understand ppl in this country are (generally) grouchy, apathetic sour pusses who prefer to kick someone when they're down as oppossed to helping them up... u may have heard of the 'tall poppy syndrome'..?

What a crock of shit.

Maybe next time you decide to pick a bullshit internet meme to prop up your argument, you'll consider using it on someone we don't all know and love?

HERE IS WHAT SHITS ME:

We are not allowed to complain about Teotz. That would just be plain WRONG. But people are allowed to complain about us complaining about Teotz.

Wait...let me get this right. We percieve a problem and make our feelings known. This is not ok, so other percieve our feelings as a problem and make their feelings known?

Here's an idea, if you want to complain about us complaining about Teotz then why don't you have a dose of your own medicine and STFU.

We are not allowed to complain about Teotz. That would just be plain WRONG. But people are allowed to complain about us complaining about Teotz.

That doesn't seem fair at all! Let's start a thread where its ok to talk about/complain about me or whoever, you know... one where the topic of the thread is actually about that...

Can we stay on topic please?

Here the topic in case you forgot-

Why does the N.A.C. still eat Lophophora when (some people believe) there are other opitions?
Edited by Teotz'