The Corroboree
Teotzlcoatl

"True Blue" Peruvianus

Nice one garbage.

I'll bet some of the cacti in that canyon are pretty mythical

I still dont fully understand head binding,it may have been wholly unremarkable.

What the hell are y'all talkin' about?!

What does this have to do with Trichocereus peruvianus?

Edited by Teotz'

post-1277-1216968961.jpg

post-1277-1216968961.jpg

post-1277-1216968961.jpg

Edited by MOSES

...and that has what to do with Trichocereus cacti?

That is what this thread is about... not fuckin' eagles or condors or any-kind-a-god-damn bird!

Edited by Teotz'

...and that has what to do with Trichocereus cacti?

That is what this thread is about... not fuckin' eagles or condors or any-kind-a-god-damn bird!

Dude, seriously?

_MG_8747_condor.jpg

Hey bit that pic looks suspiciouly like it has been photoshopped.

Have you been messing with the colour or something. Making it look more blue just to confuse teotz.

Hey if it took Garbage 15 years to figure out maybe we can cut Teotz some slack on this one :P

Head binding was practiced among many indigenous people in North and South America.

an ancient burial was accidently un-covered here near my house(pacific northwest),a few years ago,with a purposly deformed head.

it was carefully re covered with apropriate ceremony.

Oh yeah,back on subject,

I think the fabeled "blue cacti with lipstick red spines"is a classic example of internet induced misguided drivell bullshit.

This is in no way meant as a personal attack or anything other than my honest opinion.

Edited by Evil Genius

Finally something on topic, thanks Osprey...

and ya that makes sense... I don't really know where the myth came from... it would be nice to know the source...

Everybody esle... if you wanna fuck around... do it somewhere esle?

Y'all say my fuckin' posts are worthless??? Just looks at some of the above BULLSHIT, in a very serious thread, that I started for George, cause me and him wanted to talk about Trichocereus peruvianus... Thanks alot, guys! I even asked you guys very nicely not to fuck around in this thread... goddamn...

Edited by Evil Genius

"True Blue" Trichocereus peruvianus (Pic from IcarosDNA)

cactus.jpg

Edited by Teotz'

Everybody esle... if you wanna fuck around... do it somewhere esle?

Y'all say my fuckin' posts are worthless??? Just looks at some of the above BULLSHIT, in a very serious thread, that I started for George, cause me and him wanted to talk about Trichocereus peruvianus... Thanks alot, guys! I even asked you guys very nicely not to fuck around in this thread... goddamn...

Seriously Teotz, chill the fuck out, it's getting old, FAST.

Simply because you don't understand something being discussed, does not automatically qualify it as bullshit. The fact that you are too stubborn to even go back and look through your own thread to try and understand without being spoon-fed an explanation (even though a few people tried to feed it to you anyway) speaks volumes.

The "condor" is an essential identifying feature in many Trichocereus species. Stop whining.

EDIT:

and ya that makes sense... I don't really know where the myth came from... it would be nice to know the source...

The myth came from you! This "True Blue" business is getting rediculous. There's no recognised clone or criteria for such a name. You seem to just pick any "blue enough" peruvianus that you like the look of and call it such, then spend time berating us for not helping you find the source of yet another cactus myth propagated by yet another misinformed Joe. Glaucal bloom is influenced by environmental factors and has really little to do with genetics. I'm sure I could pass off the majority of my personal peruvianus collection as "True Blue" after Winter glaucus. And that is all you have shown in this thread. A bunch of specimens who are genetically inclined to provie Glaucal symbiosis.

Case in point, the plant I and many others who have actually done some research consider as "Blue Peruvianus" really looks nothing like any of the plants in this thread.

Here's the "true" "True Blue"

d_36.jpg

Edited by Evil Genius

If I hear one more "True Blue"... :slap:

No one knows where the myth came from, but we certainly know the person who keeps perpetuating the myth! You're keeping it alive by yourself! Let it die already.

More blue!

The stalk identified with a red blob grew wher the stem with the orange blob was cut from.

Neither are blue but bothe are the same clone.

The plants in the middle were sold as Peruvianus as seed from Of the Jungle.

Marginal glaucous bloom.

1000716iw5.th.jpg

Most blue ones Ive grown were macrogonus :) Teotz chill out they are trying to be helpful.

So your tellin' me post #31 was a serious post? Tryin' to help me?

The myth came from you!

I certainly heard it somewhere... I didn't make it up myself... I def. help spread it tho...

Sorry if some of your were being helpful, it's very hard for me to sift out the bullshit from the serious stuff anymore...

I'll go back and re-read and try to figure out what this "condor" y'all are talkin' about is... Is it the "V"-shaped notchs on the areoles or something?

Again, sorry for the confusion.

~Teotzlcoatl~

P.S.- Sina that pic gets throw out every fuckin' time I ask about Trichocereus "True Blue" peruvianus, every single time! Can't you find a new one???

Edited by Teotz'

So your tellin' me post #31 & #33 were serious post? Tryin' to help me?

I think you need to lay off the drugs...post #33 was a direct explanation which you still couldn't grasp.

I certainly heard it somewhere... I didn't make it up myself... I def. help spread it tho...

Wow so this magical reference of yours which nobody else has ever seen has dropped off the face of the world? I'm surprised.

Sorry if some of your were being helpful, it's very hard for me to sift out the bullshit from the serious stuff anymore...

ARE YOU SERIOUS? HONESTLY?

:BANGHEAD2::ana::BANGHEAD2::ana::BANGHEAD2::ana::BANGHEAD2::ana:

This is exactly how I feel about your contributions to the forums. Almost to the point of giving up. Correction, I just gave up.

Of course, we aren't allowed to complain about you because you're just "being helpful", not littering the forums with pages upon pages of useless shit.

Of course nobody is forcing me to read these threads, it's not like I used to enjoy coming here and reading all the threads, marvelling at how much useful fresh information was being posted in every single one and contributing where I could...

It's not like now when I look at every second thread there's a bunch of misinformation and speculation being posited as fact, actually degrading the info from previous threads, requiring someone to correct the BS (or leave it standing)...

Farket, I'm done.

Wow so this magical reference of yours which nobody else has ever seen has dropped off the face of the world? I'm surprised.

I asked where it came from... when did I say I knew the source??? How does that make sense?

Sina, this is my thread and you don't have to read it, I could see you making this comment in somebody esle's thread (if I was posting in it alot or something) but this is my thread...

PLEASE "give up" w/e it is your doing... ?

Sorry for the misunderstanding everybody...

Edited by Teotz'

So your tellin' me post #31 was a serious post? Tryin' to help me?

Yes...

i only heard about the condor in this thread, it was obvious(to me) it was being stated that it was somehow depicted on the cactus.

it has no stylized eagles on cactus,the v notch and areoles.

mere minutes before posting i google imaged "stylised eagle" and there it was plain as day(again, to me)

i concluded from your posts you were having trouble with the condor concept and thought the picture i posted would be self explanatory(wrong)

as i had nothing else to add( having only just heard about this (thanx Garbage :)) i wrote nothing

:)

Don't you fret Teotz, I'm finished here.

Next semester of uni starts shortly and I have requested Tort to find another mod for the Chill Space. Plan was to cut back my posting levels and increase research levels and provide a weekly compendium of info to th site.

I used to admonish people who complained to me, asking "how can you still frequent and post there with so many people posting utter shit" (that's actually a verbatim quote, one of a few similar), I would reply to them that to reduce the number of decent contributions would only make things worse.

Well, you've finally convinced me they were right, especially after spending some time today examining a lot of older threads.

As it stands I'd rather go elsewhere to post and discuss. Enjoy.

As it stands I'd rather go elsewhere to post and discuss. Enjoy.

Like other internet forums discussing ethnobotany and drug use aren't also gonna be full of myths, misinformation and outright drug induced craziness!? I like these forums for the very cross-section of enlightened intellectual types to some kind of merry pranksters. This true blue prank is getting old. I don't care though, don't need to read it we all know that.

Must agree with Sina though that you need to chill the fuck out teotz. For most of us it's just mildly irritating but for some emos you might prompt a proper vertical slicing.

thing is teotz we don't need to pander to your every question and spoon feed you until you understand, I thought the stylised eagle was a joke but it turns out to be a slightly obscure i.d. method. So even though nobody helped you perpetuate some hope of truth to this true blue myth, you did learn something about cactus id and a nice little myth about this noble bird actually being an anthropomorphism of the cactus spirit.. am i reading too much into this?

Hey True Blue, don't say you've gone

Say you've knocked off for a smoko

And you'll be back la-ater on

Hey True Blue, Hey True Blue

Give it to me straight, face to face

Are you really disappearing

Just another dy-ying race

Hey True Blue

True Blue, is it me and you

Is it Mum and Dad, is it a co-ockatoo

Is it standin' by your mate when he's in a fight

Or just Vegemi-ite

True-ue-ue Blue, I'm a-asking you

Hey True Blue, can you bear the load

Will you tie it up with wire

Just to keep the show on the road

Hey True Blue

Hey True Blue, now be Fair Dinkum

Is your heart still there

If they sell us out like sponge cake

Do you rea-eally care

Hey True Blue

Is it standin' by your mate when she's in a fight

Or just Vegemi-ite

True-ue-ue Blue, I'm a-asking you...

Is it standin' by your mate when he's in a fi-ight

Or just Vegemi-ite

True-ue-ue Blue, True-ue-ue Blue

for the life of me i never knew john williamson was a cactophile.

seems he really loves his cacti,

seems he to is having trouble identifying his cacti.

Again sorry for the misunderstanding about the "condor" thing...

I'm gonna go back to talkin' about cacti now.

Cholla pads are interesting,new ones have vestigial leaves obscuring what will be spines,or poetical fangs perhaps?

These are shed like an old skin as the cladode matures.

The Inka brewing their Cimora were perhaps early andean 'twitchers',i can think of few things more exillarating than using the cactus of the four winds and seeing the majestic Condor whirl and soar within those winds.

The plain of Nazca also has a baby Condor,and hummingbird.

Are trichocereus moth,bat or hummingbird pollinated?

The Brugmansia are Hummingdird pollinated as far north as Kentucky,obviously the plant is out of it's natural range.

Edited by Garbage