The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
divinersage

smoking sage ( salvia officinalis )

Okay so ive heard of people who dry up sage and smoke it with cannabis and claim it to intensify and prolong the effects. Does anyone else out there have a favorite combination of herbs to smoke?, or do you like to mix sage with anything else?

this is my first topic on here so be nice please :)

Edited by divinersage

Sounds kind of...oh what's that word again? Oh yeah. Illegal was the word I was thinking of.

:rolleyes:

lol sounds interesting. Are you talking about the common garden herb sage? Or is this the illegal species of salvia? Have you tried smoking the salvie by itself? What were the effects like?

Welcome to the forums, i'm pretty new here as well!

later

he is talking about garden sage, salvia officinalis. sage contains the essential oil thujone. thujone is very mildly psychoactive on its own, many people who are not used to the subtler psychoactives might not even notice it. it synergizes very well with that one herb, potentiating the effects so you may use less of it in one sitting, and changing the feel of the experience to a more clear headed yet intense one.

interesting things to add to the cannabis and sage mix are kanna and acorus gramineus 5x extract. adding the kanna potentates the ganj even further, plus adding a bit of stimulation and euphoria. adding the acorus(eat five grams, smoke a bowl of pot with .2g of the extract, then a cig with white sage or a bowl) gives a very euphoric very inebriating experience. loss of balance, waves of pleasure, and the feeling of awe you get from psychedelics and a headspace that is ever so slightly similar to mescaline, but no intense visuals or patterning or wacky alteration of thought. the experience lasts at least six hours, maybe more, i have never exactly measured. thai buddhists used acorus gramineus for awareness and/or chakra blockages. in ayruvedic medicine the combination of acorus gramineus and cannabis is known to balance ojas. using acorus is certianly medicine for the spirit. when in nature especially. there is not the intense ego death that acompanies psychedelics, but a subtle 'knowing' of the one-ness that creeps up on you. if you do it right, ;) the euphoria of the experience runs deep and is not superficial like some drugs and does not drop of into depression afterwards.

hi, topic starter, i'm nice to you, but it's against the forum rules to selfincriminate, and we don't want to hear of anybody here breaking the law either.

you have to writte your posts in a way which, does not incriminate you with any illegal actions.

like, there is evidence which supports the idea that mixing cannabis with salvia officinalis, will potentiate the experience...

the, me and my friends, is unacceptable, sorry mate, you better edit your post.

Edited by planthelper

Well, daylight beat me to what I was about to say, but I will add that in India the combination of A. gramineus and ganja is used for intellectual clarity with no body load from the ganja. In small amounts. Larger amounts, well.....

Also, adding sinicuichi (Heimia salicifolia) to ganja potentitates it, according to some.

Sinicuichi by itself is not a bad smoker, either.

I've never once heard of the seedpods being used, could you elaborate?

theres not much to elaborate on. i have heard that smoking the seedpod id the best way to do it. the seedpod is the strongest part. i dont have access to a plant so i have not tried it.

Daylight the mixes you mentioned sound highly desirable, please excuse the "noob" question but where could i purchase acorus gramineus and Sceletium?

i was about to buy some off herbalistics a while ago and now its shut down :(

Edited by divinersage

i buy mine from ktbotanicals.

and friendly, please let me know in this thread or through pm how it goes with the seedpod if you can get em. i can never get a detailed description of the effects from zombiebowl.

Edited by DayLight

Your thinking of Argemone mexicana.

Guest Øskorei

Just to get back to the thread starter for a moment (sorry all). Sage & unmentionable is an awesome combination. Bought myself 100g wholesale of the stuff and loving the synergy, also when combined with kanna it makes for a much more pleasing experience.

The flavour of the sage is great too. I've also been mixing it up with a bit of spearmint and blue lotus for an alternative legal smoking blend.

mmm, less definitely equals more with the mentioned combo. Definitely clear headed yet more intense.

Didnt really find the taste that great (made my beer taste all salty :wacko:)

mmm, less definitely equals more with the mentioned combo. Definitely clear headed yet more intense.

Didnt really find the taste that great (made my beer taste all salty :wacko:)

How much would one smoke with some of this unmentionable plant? Before, after or during? How long? Would it be worth dosing on unmentionable then trying some sage, or vice versa?

Long ago I bought a large amount of high quality Salvia officinalis. A crude extract was produced using 95% EtOh, resulted in tan dark green powdery/crystalline hygrophobic substance.

I found absolutely no effects from smoking this extract in copious amounts, even when rubbed into copious amounts of Cannabis, other than the effects of smoking copious amounts of Cannabis.

I just mixed it 50/50 and huffed it down.

Sina, wat kind of high quality sage we talkin here? grown in dirt outside high quality?

i just smoke ruffly 50/50 of a plant i bought from bunnings, i just pick a few fresh leaves and dry them up.

seems to work a charm.

after reading about salvia officinalis being a mild hallucinogen on its own i decided to roll a joint of it on its own.

burnt suprisingly well and tasted much more pleasant then i had previously imagined, though i wouldnt call the effects amazing i definitely felt alot more relaxed and at ease, also colours and natural sound light seemed more radiant and saturated.

Guest Øskorei
Long ago I bought a large amount of high quality Salvia officinalis.
Sina, wat kind of high quality sage we talkin here? grown in dirt outside high quality?

For sure, Sina's test material was no doubt most awesome. Dirt grown I reckon too.......

i definitely felt alot more relaxed and at ease, also colours and natural sound light seemed more radiant and saturated.

That then would be a definite psychoactive experience, non ?

Ø

I had a friend that used to smoke sage whenever he had a sore throat, it drastically cut down the amount of time he was sick.