The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
XipeTotec

NEWS FLASH.... Heath Ledger smoked 5 joints a day

just caught some footage on the news of heath ledger, snorting coke or some shit, claiming that he used to smoke 5 joints a day for 20 years.... having passed away at 28, and the footage being 2 years old... with my mathematical skills, thats quite a habit for a 6 year old to have. :)

edit: just saw story again, it wasnt him snorting the coke, it was some other bloke.

Edited by XipeTotec

just after i looked at this a page pops up from no where with this on it

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id...144&rss=yes

Ledger used heroin and cocaine: report

Friday Feb 1 10:05 AEDT

Michelle Williams booted Heath Ledger out of their Brooklyn home because he became a regular user of heroin and cocaine the past year, according to a report in a US newspaper.

The story in Thursday's edition of the New York Post quotes an unnamed "member of Ledger's entourage" who first met him in 2002 and "did drugs with him".

The report alleges Williams and Ledger, who met on the set of Brokeback Mountain, fell in love, became engaged and had a daughter, Matilda, fought because Ledger was partying and doing drugs.

"She couldn't take it any more," the Ledger insider told the New York Post.

"Heath wouldn't show up for two to three days, and all of a sudden he would show up on her doorstep, an absolute wreck.

"He was partying, doing drugs.

"She didn't like the company he was keeping.

"She gave him an ultimatum ... and threatened to get custody of the girl.

"He wanted to make it work, but it was this scene he was wrapped up in.

"Was he an addict? Yeah."

The source told the New York Post when Ledger began using heroin it "got really bad".

"Once you go down that road, then it gets really scary," the source said.

"Because all of sudden you shoot up, you take heroin, then you do a line of cocaine and then you take sleeping pills.

"Look at River Phoenix, he died exactly the same way."

The report is the latest alleging Ledger had a serious drug problem leading up to the discovery of his body in his Manhattan apartment last week.

On Wednesday controversy flared in the US when two of the world's most-watched celebrity TV news shows, Entertainment Tonight and The Insider, heavily promoted a video tape they were planning to air of Ledger talking about drugs.

However, the shows, both aired on US TV network CBS, unexpectedly announced they would not broadcast the tape.

The video appears to have been recorded without Ledger's knowledge when he attended a post Screen Actors Guild Awards party at Los Angeles' Chateau Marmont hotel two years ago.

"I'm gonna get so much (expletive) from my girlfriend," Ledger says on the poor quality footage.

"We have a baby together, Matilda."

Ledger is also heard saying: "I used to smoke five joints a day for 20 years".

In a backflip, Entertainment Tonight and The Insider announced together they would not air the tape "out of respect for Heath Ledger's family".

Shows like Entertainment Tonight and The Insider rely heavily on access to celebrities and Hollywood publicists act as the gatekeepers to interviews with A-List actors.

Mara Buxbaum, publicist for Ledger and Williams, has expressed her disgust at the reports about Ledger's death and yesterday asked the media to "let this family grieve privately".

I listened to the audio of that lil thing a few times, and I have a hard time deciding if he says "for 20 years" or "for plentyayears" ... he mumbled more than I do.

VM

I really fail to see why people are so obssessed with him, he owuldn't give to fucks if you died, why should i care about him?

Lots of people have problems. He offered nothing to society and in return people are crying and shit over him.

BAh!

you've heard of hollywood mark? yes?

you've heard of hollywood mark? yes?

yes

A lecturer asked me who went to bondi beach a few months ago of course evryone one knew it was paris hilton

he than asked who discovered immunisation for polio? no one knew.

I mean any detah is a tragidy but a death of a clelbrity is a big thing when many more people who offer alot more to society never get the recongntion they deserve.

In 20 years who willr meebr heath ledger? who will benefit from anuything he's done (apart from his kin) but when the world is rid of polio society benefits.

yes

A lecturer asked me who went to bondi beach a few months ago of course evryone one knew it was paris hilton

I mean any detah is a tragidy but a death of a clelbrity is a big thing when many more people who offer alot more to society never get the recongntion they deserve.

In 20 years who willr meebr heath ledger? who will benefit from anuything he's done (apart from his kin) but when the world is rid of polio society benefits.

r u drunk?

I was going to say "give xipe a break, he's just a kid"...but then i looked at his profile

:P

I was going to say "give xipe a break, he's just a kid"...but then i looked at his profile

:P

it's a youthful enthusiasm

geez if only steve irwin had of blazed a few joints a day......

...so its not from the consumption of heavy metals and pesticides?

yes, from man'o'war

yes

i think your lecturer has used an example, which, on the surface seems valid, but is actually very flawed. According to my very quick search, the 1st polio vaccine was revealed to the public in 1955, the creator, Dr Jonas Salk. What celebrity visited in Sydney in 1955? perhaps all your lecturer has shown is that we remember something that happened 3 months ago better than something that happened 50 years ago? also, thunder, manowar own :)

we remember something that happened 3 months ago better than something that happened 50 years ago?

Funny how the thing that happened recently (the Paris Hilton example) was completely useless trivia and the older example (polio vaccine discoverer) was something worth remembering. I know which I would rather store in the space between my ears.

Like someone mentioned a couple weeks back - hollywood is a cult. A bunch of clowns who strive for fame then once they have gained it, they live their lives trying to escape it. What kind of life is that? Sure, there are plenty of ladies, money, drugs, popularity, cars, mansions, boob jobs, etc... Ok, ok, I guess there are a few reasons why you'd be enticed into that crazy lifestyle.

Meh, good on Heath for enjoying his time on earth. So what if he got into drugs? He lived a pretty decent life, made plenty of people love/remember him (some great movies and some not so great movies), had a bub (I think) and no doubt had many, many friends and aquaintences. Certainly could have been worse, even if he did get cut short by a few years. A hectic life does that. We are all born of the earth and we are all doomed (nay, lucky) to again become an intricate part of it when the time comes. Death is sad, but it should be a celebration of life, not thought of as 'the end'. We are part of a never ending circle that is life. No need to fear it or be brought to emotional wreckage from such a wonderous thing. Just sad that you never get to be with and communicate with the person that has passed. That is what is truly sad.

That and people who care about Paris f*cking Hilton...

being a metalhead i've heard my fair share of manowar.

it is SO corny.

how can you get past that?

haha, you said manOwar.

I'll see you your manOwar, and raise you a Saxon!

VM - Remembers when Full Metal Racket was Three Hours of Power, and played something other than whiny nasal cock rock and endless Bruce Dickenson interviews.

Acting is just a profession, not a divine place in humanity.

Say Heath was a junkie and died in typical junkie style, why should people be more inclined to mourn him? simply because you're familiar with his name in those trashy womans magazines you read at your aunties place?

i think your lecturer has used an example, which, on the surface seems valid, but is actually very flawed. According to my very quick search, the 1st polio vaccine was revealed to the public in 1955, the creator, Dr Jonas Salk. What celebrity visited in Sydney in 1955? perhaps all your lecturer has shown is that we remember something that happened 3 months ago better than something that happened 50 years ago? also, thunder, manowar own :)

Good point.

Let me further explain.

The polio vaccine was more relevant because we were studying immuniology. If I asked you which doctor made an artficial skin for burns vicitms or who discovered bacterium helcobacter pylorii would you know, or even care? If i asked you who marilyn monro was you would probably know... Even though she died long before these discoveries were made.

I would bet that even asking a burns victim wouldn't know who invented that artifical skin...

Surely someone will name einstien and say over a 100 years ago he made his discovieries and is still remembered. I say i doubt he known for what he has done but more for his celebrity status, Its porbably a better known fact he didn't wear socks then he got his noble prize for the photoelecric effect.

soceity seems to place these people on clouds. Don't get me wrong i do enjoy there work, just like i enjoy a good coffee (made by a nice coffee maker person) or fine scotch licked of a hookers arse, but they are no better and contribute less to society (whilst profitting heavily) then the research scientists who disocver cures or the social egineers who build the sewers.

edited for spelling mistakes... yer right edited for clarity

Edited by mark80

Say Heath was a junkie and died in typical junkie style, why should people be more inclined to mourn him? simply because you're familiar with his name in those trashy womans magazines you read at your aunties place?

i don't think anyone here is 'mourning' him. the fact he is a celebrity means people are familiar with who he is.

it's natural for people to react when someone they are familiar with dies, celebrity or not it's human nature.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but the toxicological results of the autopsy have been released and were very interesting. Ledger died from a low dose mixture of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/australia/story/0,,2253591,00.html

At first, I didnt expected this combination to be potentially lethal. bye Eg

well... no.

We live in the society of the spectacle where media dictates life to us, instead of anybody living it, we are ready to consume pre-packaged life, suckling it through a cathode ray nipple.

All is divine, including the mundane like, coffee and the maker of it. However there is some kind of higher power to any entity which influences the greater collective in some kind of significant way. Although Heath himself may not have godly status in this respect, Hollywood certainly does, and as one of it's minions Heath certainly had some kind of 'divine place' in influencing humanity.

..all this reminds me of.. the great drama that is life. It's all an act. Everyone is an actor, including the coffee maker, some people re-direct the flow or merely go with it, but all contribute to the drama. It has me thinking of the movie Team America, how it is up to the actors to win the war. As weapons and conventional military tactics are nothing compared to the warfare of the mind.. of which actors and other such spokespersons for the god of consensus global opinion (as dictated by the global media market), have more influence than shooting some random 'statistics' of human beings.

A human being is nothing, compared to an actor with a collective perception and memory of him, and therefore greater influ

ence from him.

Again Heath is just a tool in the system of Hollywoodianism, but as such he is treated as highly as any other 'demigod' we have entrusted with the authority of dictating our self image of who we are and what we are doing here.

Before we were more explicit about it and literally thought of the pharaohs as gods. Part of us subconsciously still believes in the 'Big Brother' Archetype as God and subconsciously surrenders our authority of who to be, to the 'system' of which mass media is the religion, and Hollywood is the pantheon.

E.G. fuuuck me that sounds like quite the legal drug cocktail. I don't understand how one can take all these slightly similar slightly different pharmaceuticals in such combinations. Are they all anti-anxiety or depression? in which case why didn't he stick to the weed?

oxycodone, hydrocodone, <-- he's in some kind of backpain?

diazepam, temazepam, <-- He's anxious?

alprazolam and doxylamine <-- I've got NFI what THEY do? Either way seems to be multiplying different types of similar drugs. I'm no expert but I'd assume it's better to take a larger hit of something than double up with all sorts of similar but slightly different stuff.

I suppose this is the wrong forum to be judgmentful of his drug choices, it just strikes me as odd to need such a cocktail as some are similar to each other are they not? Also I'd probably be the first to get hooked on strong legal drugs, i just don't want to support 'The Man' in any way so i support Al Quaeda instead by purchasing marijuana from terrorists ...apparently.