The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
trucha

Sacred Cacti Part A 3rd edition

Edited by trucha

That is a question I am often asked.

I've decided to gauge whether it is worth bringing back into print by gauging public interest in it.

To do so I am offering a limited edition color hardcover of it prepublication for $125 if in the US or $150 if outside of the US

Shipping cost for what will be a 4+ lb book is included in this price.

Only 200 copies will be printed.

If interest exists the book will become reality in both hardcover and softcover.

If it does not any money sent to me will be returned and the book will not be printed. I am presently viewing the end of this year as being an adequate period of time to make that assement.

If that turns out to the the sad reality, at some point when time permits I will no doubt put up an html version at erowid. I may also release a CD version although of the half a dozen CD releases I have done in the past I have not sold even one single copy (priced at $10 including shipping) so I have to wonder if a CD version of anything that I do is really worth creating?

Book production is a costly and time consuming endeavor. It seems crazy to invest a bunch of time and money in order to own stacks of boxes of books that mostly incur yearly taxes as unsold inventory.

I guess in short, whether this book comes back into print will depend on whether there is enough interest in seeing that happen.

Oh, the CD versions sound good, do you still have these?? Im a tire kicker at the moment :) as cash is a bit short, but in the future, I would likely be more that happy to buy some of your CD's from you. Ofcourse, I would prefer the books if I could afford at the moment :( I think others here would also be likely to purchase your unsold cd's from u :)

Edited by XipeTotec

Edited by trucha

As long I don't tell my wife I would be interested in a hard copy of the book - although the much cheaper cd would be easier too. just not as much fun.

sometime towards the middle of the year. I will start saving and check in with you later.

the US - AU exchange rate is pretty good at the moment.

i'd DEFINATELY be interested in hardcover copy!

Did you 200 bucks for the book?

I want one too....but...

I would also be interested in a colour hardcover edition. Let us know if it comes to fruition.

Just got my copy of Part B today :wink:. Excellent publication.

Well! Now that everyone knows about EG's erectile disfunction... :P

I to would like a hard one but thats rates a bit high on the unaffordability scale right now. I'd be most interested in a round one though :) I'd send you off some credits right now if you had CD versions avalible.

so I have to wonder if a CD version of anything that I do is really worth creating?

As nice as a book always is, I think in this case I might prefer a CD with all the coloured photos as it allows a better look with the enlarging capabilities etc.

Have you ever thought about a book(text) & CD issue?

maybe a book and tape setup, where we can look at the book, while you narrate it on tape??

I have to wonder if a CD version of anything that I do is really worth creating?

Personally Im always looking for hard versions of all the books/information that I have in computer files such as the millions of pdf's I have stored -

Personally I hate reading off a computer screen but its become a necessity in order to view some of the information I am interested in..

(and in reality I cant complain too much - as computer file/scanned books of rare and out of print/hard to find /privately released/ material has enabled me to view things I would have normally not have had access too, so I am grateful for that!)

However I hope and pray that you release this in book format (for the bookies at least) - Im more than willing to pay that price - for a signed and numbered limited edition hardcover book of this nature, full colour and of the particular type of novel but essential ( to cactifiles) information that is contained within - the book would without a doubt become a collectors item and worth much more than the cost you quoted in no time,,,, if kept in even decent (not mint) condition...

Cheers

Cw

Edited by charliewired

---

Edited by trucha

Edited by trucha

me too would love a copy, but i can't honestly i can afford one right now. i understand you process, but will there be any soft cover (cheaper lol) copies available?

i have to agree and say i prefer books FAR more thn cds and the like. but my book libray is easily more money than all my cds and computer put together...so i cant say i liek teh financial end of it....but it ain't cheap to print :(

I have many pdf ebooks but i just dont like reading them. I´m too oldschool. I grew up with printed books and i probably wont get used to ebooks anymore. It´s cool to have something in hand while reading. mmmh, somehow this sounds pretty sexual, doesnt it? :drool2:

Edited by Evil Genius

It will be like the current tryptamine book in that it is largely in color.

Things could change in terms of it adding pages and photos since I can add edits right up until it is going to print but right now there are more than 500 color photos in it. A few are in black and white since that is how they were taken.

Sign me up.

i think your like me EG. lets stop the lieing, we all liek to have a good book to read while we are taking a shit. its true. as natural as sex.

I want one... $200 is a bit steep...

But I want one!

Edited by trucha

So you need 200 people to put up $150 dollars before printing can begin?

Put me down for 2, or 3 if need be...

I want this damn book.

Everybody should do their part in spreading the word...

Somebody make a post on the Shroomery.org!

I would...but I'm banned.